logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Re: Grievous-Hypori
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:24 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

We left a CE of the latest Grevious so that he would be able to benefit from CEs in the future and add more of a living characters aspect to the seps.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:27 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Ok I can understand that. Look I'm not trying to replace The Hero of Hypori Grievous, besides he wasn't around until a little after I made mine. I'm just trying to get my grievous to have that grievous feel, be more like how he should be, I don't know if I should add a couple more abilities or leave him the way he is now, just looking for feedback and opinions.

Edit:I think I'll add wallclimber and evade, so he is less of a target for shooters (since whenever he faces clones he walks all over them). Parry and evade on the same card seem OPd so not going with parry. And as far as Living characters aspect for seps, this version of Grievous' CE helps non-unique living seps as well as the droid ones (besides Grievous is top commander, only Dooku and Sidious are above him). If you wanted you could roll with Sep cammandos and this Grievous, the sep coms are the same cost as SB with better base stats and the ability stealth add in the CE and they have 9 atk and deal 30 dmg where SBs would have 6 atk and deal 30 dmg. Granted SBs have charging fire, but Sep coms have stealth so it comes down to preference

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:17 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Update: updated card by adding Evade and Wallclimber, However I just got to thinking what if there was a Greater Wallclimber (This character can move through enmey characters without provoking attacks of opportunity, ignores difficult terrain, low objects, and pits when moving as long as a square he occupies and a square he is moving into are bordered by a wall). just an idea...

with an ability like that I'd probably toss Evade, then he might actually be worth his high cost

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:30 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Strahlung wrote:
Update: updated card by adding Evade and Wallclimber, However I just got to thinking what if there was a Greater Wallclimber (This character can move through enmey characters without provoking attacks of opportunity, ignores difficult terrain, low objects, and pits when moving as long as a square he occupies and a square he is moving into are bordered by a wall). just an idea...

Why not just give him flight? I get that there are few areas on maps where the wall thing will make or break you, but as a designer I try to make things as simple as possible. Just trying to give feedback, not judging. This is one area the design team works hard on. To look at abilities and judge whether they will work for another character or is this the only one. How much space do they take on the card compared to everything else that HAS to be on the card is also considered

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:10 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Thank you, finally got some actual feedback again. Yeah I suppose that ability does push it, but I liked the idea haha, and I thought SBA pushes it a little as well (not judging) it might as well be strafe attack, though grievous wouldn't be the only one that could have it, Maul is a fair contestant for that ability as well. I didn't know how many other characters would be able to use the GWC ability...didn't think much about it. Like I said before just tryin to get my Grievous balanced out right (and I'm not sure if he is) which is why I was asking for feed back like this.

any more opinions, ideas, thoughts are welcome :]

Edit: took off updated card and posted the one before I added evade and wallcllimber, still unsure...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:46 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

I think he should have some sort of Defensive ability. Atm he seem like he dies way too quickly, even with a high damage output against Jedi.

Love the the rest of it, though, nice work!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:41 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Update: decided to lower cost instead of add abilities