logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Rogue Squadron: Take 2
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:51 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Characters are designed to fit together in a 200 point squad.

Captain Wedge Antilles, Rogue One

Unique, Pilot, Rogue Squadron

Cost:27

HP: 90
Def: 19
Att: 11
Dmg: 20

SA:
Avoid Defeat
Rogue Squadron Leader(Members of Rogue Squadron including this character gain Grenades 10. Members of Rogue Squadron within 6 squares gain Opportunist)
Affinity(Character may be in a New republic Squad)

CE Allied Pilots within 6 squares gain +4 Attack/+4 Defense

I was in the trench during the final run on the first Death Star. I applied a killing blow on the second. Fame didn't find me, leadership did. I don't believe I would have had it any other way.

Ibtisam, Rogue Two

Unique, Pilot, Rogue Squadron, Mon Calamari

Cost: 17

HP: 50
Def: 16
Att: 7
Dmg: 10

SA:
Evade
Satchel Charge
Rapport
(Quarren characters cost 1 less when in the same squad. This squad can include Quarren characters from any faction)
Rogue Squadron (Members of Rogue squadron gain Evade)

CE: Pilot allies with grenades 10 gain Grenades 20.

The animosity between out us…I've hated it. Our people do not get along, but we don't have to be our people, do we?"
―Ibtisam, to Nrin Vakil

Nrin Vakil, Rogue Three

Unique, Pilot, Rogue Squadron, Quarren

Cost: 15

Def: 17
Att: +7

SA
Stealth
Protective +20
(+20 damage while wounded ally whose name contains Ibtisam is within 6 squares)
Rapport (Mon Calamari characters cost 1 less when in the same squad. This squad can include Mon Calamari characters from any faction)
Rogue Squadron (Members of Rogue Squadron who target an Empire character gain +4 attack / +10 damage)

"She wanted peace, an end to tyranny. From your kind, all she got was pain, and I will repay you for all of it!"
―Nrin Vakil, to Sate Pestage on the death of Ibtisam

Xarcce Huwla, Rogue Four

Unique, Pilot, Rogue Squadron, Tunroth

Cost: 21

Def: 18
ATT: 8
DMG: 20

SA:
Paralysis
(A living enemy hit by this character's attack is considered activated this round; save 11)
Poison 10
Quarry Sense (Nearest enemy in cover loses the benefit of cover for all purposes during this characters turn)
Rogue Squadron (Members of Rogue squadron gain Quarry Sense)

Despite her grim appearance, tall, muscular, and horns protruding from her chin, Xarcce was polite, sociable and wellspoken and possessed a much appreciated self-ironic sense of humor, joking that "even Wookiees let the Tunroth win"

Wes Janson, Rogue Five

Cost:20

HP: 80
Att: 10

SA:
Affinity
(Character may be in a New republic Squad)
Penetration 20
Gunner
Wingman (+4 Attack whenever a character named Wedge Antilles is within 6 squares)
Rogue Squadron (Members of Rogue squadron gain +4 Defense)

CE Pilot followers within 6 squares gain Deadeye

"I am so glad the people of this planet like to wave and shake hands." - Wes
"Why is that?" - Wedge
"Well, what if their usual greeting for visiting dignitaries was to throw paint?" - Wes
"Point taken." - Wedge

Derek "Hobbie" Klivian, Rogue Six

Cost:16

Att: 8

SA:
Avoid Defeat
Affinity
(Character may be in a New republic Squad)
Bacta Heal 20(replaces turn heal +20HP to self)
Mutiny (Range 12, Save 11. Gain control of target, non-droid enemy with Mounted Weapon for the remainder of the round. The affected target remains in its current activation status. Activating the affected target counts as an activation for the controlling players turn. Should Derek Klivian be defeated, the affected piece becomes activated and immediately returns to its original squad's control.)
Draw Fire
Rogue Squadron
(Members of Rogue Squadron gain +10 damage)

"It's too soon to be using this leg, Hobbie! You just crawled out of a bacta tank! You shouldn't be going into battle!"
"The odds will be long enough, Wes, without an able-bodied pilot snoozing on a cot in sickbay!"
―Wes Janson and Derek Klivian

Feylis Ardele, Rogue Seven

Cost:15

Att: 7

SA:
Rapport (Member whose name contains Avan Beruss cost 1 less when in the same squad as this character)
Synergy (+4 Attack while an allied character named Avan Beruss is within 6 squares)
Protective 20 (+20 damage while a wounded ally whose name contains Avan Beruss is within 6 squares)
Rogue Squadron (Members of Rogue Squadron gain Protective 10, +10 damage while wounded ally who is a member of Rogue Squadron is within 6 Squares.)

Hailing from Commenor, Ardele was recruited into Rogue Squadron by Admiral Ackbar because of her expertise on the TIE series fighters.

Avan Beruss, Rogue Eight

Cost:16

Att: 9

SA:
Rapport
(Member whose name contains Feylis Ardele cost 1 less when in the same squad as this character)
Accurate Shot
Protective 10 (+10 Damage while a wounded ally whose name contains Feylis Ardele is within 6 squares)
Synergy (+6 Attack while an allied character named Feylis Ardele is within 6 squares)
Affinity (Character may be in a New republic Squad)
Rogue Squadron (Members of Rogue Squadron gain Synergy, +4 attack when member of Rogue Squadron is within 6 squares)

After graduating with honors, Beruss was slated to represent Illodia in the 0 BBY Imperial Games as a sharpshooter, until they were cancelled due to Alderaan's destruction.

Tycho Celchu, Rogue Nine

Cost:18

HP: 70

SA:
Unsuitable for Conversion
(Character is immune to enemy CEs and SAs which affect his activation, turn or abilities)
Rogue Squadron (Members of Rogue Squadron cost 1 less to play)
Rapport (Costs 4 less when in the same squad as a character whose name contains Winter)
Affinity (May be part of any squad which includes a character whose name contains Winter or any New Republic squad)

CE Non-unique Empire characters suffer -2 defense/-2 attack

"All of us recall where we were when we heard the news and the tragedy's impact hit us full at that moment. Sel had thought nothing was amiss, then he learned the significance of what he had experienced. The hours in which he considered it nothing mock him and haunt him." -Winter, to Corran Horn, speaking of Tycho Celchu's reaction to the destruction of Alderaan

Soontir Fel, Rogue Ten

(counts as Baron Fel)

Cost:24

Att: 10

SA:
Tactical Instruction
(allies who combine fire grant +6 attack vice +4)
Mobile Attack
Rogue Squadron (Members of Rogue Squadron gain Mobile Attack)
Affinity(Character may be in a New republic or Empire Squad)

CE Non-unique, non-fringe followers within 6 squares gain Accurate Shot

"I am Captain Soontir Fel. I will teach you how to fly and how to survive. If you think you know better than me, all I can teach you to do is die."

Plourr Ilo, Rogue Eleven

Cost: 25

HP: 80

SA:
Twin Attack
Parry
Furious Assault
Hand-to-Hand 20
(+20 damage to adjacent enemies)
Rogue Squadron (Members of Rogue Squadron gain Charging Fire)

"Plourr, try to remember that we're supposed to keep a low profile"
"I'm not exactly little miss wallflower, Wes. But I'll make you a deal. I won't beat on any of the resident scum unless they hit me first...or they pick on my friends...or I feel like it."

Post subject: Re: Rogue Squadron: Take 2
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:31 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Nice ideas. Might be hard to keep track of all the bonuses though, and they seem pretty indestructable together.... which makes sense I guess. :P

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:46 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Nice job I really like them! :D And I kind of agree with the invincibility thing; The Empire feared them even when they were fighting on the ground as they had cause them more pain and losses then any other Rebel fighter squadron. Also As an alternate I would suggest adding Corran Horn-Rogue Nine as he was with Wedge on Bothawui for a few days during the Caamas Document Crisis while they were trying to stop the Inperal Commando team there. Otherewise Great Job!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:52 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

MFalcon wrote:
Nice job I really like them! :D And I kind of agree with the invincibility thing; The Empire feared them even when they were fighting on the ground as they had cause them more pain and losses then any other Rebel fighter squadron. Also As an alternate I would suggest adding Corran Horn-Rogue Nine as he was with Wedge on Bothawui for a few days during the Caamas Document Crisis while they were trying to stop the Inperal Commando team there. Otherewise Great Job!

This squad was developed at a specific time. The long term idea is to capture Rogue Squadron during several periods as pilots 'moved on' or were killed. I believe another added limitation to the idea would be to have a rule similar to unique of the same name: characters with the same Rogue Squadron number cannot be played together.