logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Celeste Morne, anyone make a custom fig of her?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:22 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have been racking my brain trying to think of the best way and best minis to use to make a Celeste Morne fig. I couldn't think of anyone perfect to use for her. The best I found seemed to be the human force adept which isn't bad but doesn't seem good enough. Well the other day I found some of my old MageKnight pieces and came across the "woodland scout". The piece seems perfect, the outfit is very similar, the pose is good, even the hair on the back looks like it was made to be turned into Celeste Morne. It looks as if all you need to do is a paint job and add a lightsaber, and attach her to a swm base of coarse. But since I have not ever made a custom yet, my question is who has tried to make a mini of Celeste Morne and what did you use? Was it difficult? Should I try somthing easy first? Also since I have not made customs yet maybe I am missing somthing when searching for the perfect mini. Has anyone played mageknight and knows what the "woodland scout" looks like? Do you think that piece would work? My wife isn't much help with feedback on if the piece would work since she could care less. I don't want some crappy representation of her, I want her to look good so I came to people who do care and have tried before. What do you think? Is that a good piece to use or am I just waisting my time attempting to make her?

Post subject: Re: Celeste Morne, anyone make a custom fig of her?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:58 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

sthlrd2 wrote:
I have been racking my brain trying to think of the best way and best minis to use to make a Celeste Morne fig. I couldn't think of anyone perfect to use for her. The best I found seemed to be the human force adept which isn't bad but doesn't seem good enough. Well the other day I found some of my old MageKnight pieces and came across the "woodland scout". The piece seems perfect, the outfit is very similar, the pose is good, even the hair on the back looks like it was made to be turned into Celeste Morne. It looks as if all you need to do is a paint job and add a lightsaber, and attach her to a swm base of coarse. But since I have not ever made a custom yet, my question is who has tried to make a mini of Celeste Morne and what did you use? Was it difficult? Should I try somthing easy first? Also since I have not made customs yet maybe I am missing somthing when searching for the perfect mini. Has anyone played mageknight and knows what the "woodland scout" looks like? Do you think that piece would work? My wife isn't much help with feedback on if the piece would work since she could care less. I don't want some crappy representation of her, I want her to look good so I came to people who do care and have tried before. What do you think? Is that a good piece to use or am I just waisting my time attempting to make her?

I'd say she is the perfect base for her.

"...he is a wound in the Force..."

Dinuir ni verda kyr'am ner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:47 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully

:) - I used Juno as the main body, a czerka head and arms, shoulders came from a Mando something (for the armor plates), left hand and yellow saber from an Exceptional jedi apprentice, right hand from some random place (was a left over part from others I'd made), and legs from the thigh down were from the Cat BH chick. The long hair I made from a Mystril Shadow Gaurd whip, and I haven't figured out how to make the hair stand out at the end yet, but I'll be working on that as it dries. Just started her this morning, and she's a work in progress at the moment.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:19 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Good job bill but before I start replacing head, arms, legs, shoulders, making some kind of hair I think I should either use a piece like the woodland scout, or practice on other less complicated stuff. But thanks for posting pics and explaing what you used.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:49 pm 

sthlrd2 wrote:
Good job bill but before I start replacing head, arms, legs, shoulders, making some kind of hair I think I should either use a piece like the woodland scout, or practice on other less complicated stuff. But thanks for posting pics and explaing what you used.

I agree, definitely the most complicated small figure I've ever attempted to make. As you noted, there is very little that looks like her in the game currently. And her hair in particular made this a tough one to do. I really didn't want to use Juno to start with, but in the end, it was the only body that was reasonably close to the outfit celeste wears in like every picture. Here's the picture I tried to emulate as well for anyone interested:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:06 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That's also the same pic I was going off when trying to find a mini/minis to use. I am still leaning toward using the MageKnight "woodlnd scout" piece but still uncertain. Somthing just seems wrong about it. Whenever I can get by a computer I will try and get a pic of the woodlnd scout piece to put up then others can be a judge and give their opinions.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:57 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

bill, that's a really nice work. Look like her a lot, you really give me some idea to make my own Celeste Morne, Thanks
:D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:43 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Bills is awesome, but if you are unable to make one. She is the perfect base.
She may be too bulky around the shoulders but filling or simple trimming should fix that.
Swap the sword for a saber and then a repaint.

Bob a job!

P.S.
Nice find sthlrd2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:20 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Cerous Mutor wrote:
She may be too bulky around the shoulders but filling or simple trimming should fix that.

Bob a job!

P.S.
Nice find sthlrd2

Cerous Mutor Which figure is that?

@bill, Very nice, if we do get this character in Vset 2 or in a later set, i might just have to copy that.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:19 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

dreadtech wrote:
Cerous Mutor wrote:

Bob a job!

P.S.
Nice find sthlrd2

Cerous Mutor Which figure is that?

@bill, Very nice, if we do get this character in Vset 2 or in a later set, i might just have to copy that.

MageKnight woodland scout
found by sthlrd2
I think I might have to look into MageKnights for chop fodder if they are of this standard :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:31 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cerous Mutor wrote:

MageKnight woodland scout
found by sthlrd2
I think I might have to look into MageKnights for chop fodder if they are of this standard :)

I don't have much MageKnight left, just a handfull of minis but I did find a few that could be turned. I'm looking at them for imp knight master, darth bandon and possibly the revenchist as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:22 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

I have been wanting to make one for a while. Lolth's sting, a common DDM from the underdark set is perfect. Replace her saber and hand with the lightsaber and hand from a jedi crusader, trim or fill the double ponytail into a single pony tail, and repaint.

Miniature market has them for $1.50
http://www.miniaturemarket.com/inc/sdetail/46522

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:04 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

JHART wrote:
I have been wanting to make one for a while. Lolth's sting, a common DDM from the underdark set is perfect. Replace her saber and hand with the lightsaber and hand from a jedi crusader, trim or fill the double ponytail into a single pony tail, and repaint.

Miniature market has them for $1.50
http://www.miniaturemarket.com/inc/sdetail/46522

Hmm I found some better pictures of that mini, looks pretty cool I might use it for something other than Celeste Morne actually. Thanks hah!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:57 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

My version of Celeste Mourne ... hope we would get her in RnR because Bill doesnot deny nor confirm it yet :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:12 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Here are my offerings to the Celeste Morne fan site:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:35 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Abiwan wrote:
My version of Celeste Mourne ... hope we would get her in RnR because Bill doesnot deny nor confirm it yet :lol:

it seems that my prediction was right ... we are to get Celeste in RnR :saber: