logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: How to make your own Clone-Trooper-Being-Choked!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:39 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

OK, this is my second tutorial now, and let me just say right now that this is about 99% all trimming. Seriously. So pay attention!

To make this clone custom, you do NOT need...:

-Paint
-Modeling Putty
-Any V/R pieces
-Experience (This is my second custom so i have VERY VERY VERY limited experience)

What you DO need is:

-Superglue
-Xacto knife
-Clothes Pin
-Paper Clip (Use it to spread out the superglue)
-Pin (those pins with the little ball at the end)
-Tools (i.e.: Pliers, Wire cutter, etc.)
-Scratch piece of cardboard as a "knifing" surface so you don't scratch your table or whatever while working
-x1 Clone Trooper with Night Vision
-x1 Elite Clone Trooper Grenadier

OK. Lay out your cardboard piece and take out your two clone pieces. Take your Xacto knife and cut off the Clone with Night Vision (ill be referring to him as CV) his base. Like so:

Next, cut off the CV's arm that is holding the eye thingy against his helmet. Try and only get the arm (meaning, without the orange eye piece).

Now, cut off that same arm at the CV's second arm joint -- the one closest to the hand. After you do so, you'll be left with someting like THIS:

Now, cut the CV's OTHER arm parallel to his body, starting the cut at the end of the CV's shoulder pad and ending the cut somewhere near the clone's first joint. See below:

OK, so current recap. You've cut the CV off his base, and cut both his arms off. You're now left with this:

Now, take the CV's arm with the gun in hand. Cut off the gun so that you're left with his hand and a little black point at the end of it:

Now trim the other end of the same arm so that after you do so you're left with a straight, (somewhat) smooth arm. (NOTE: DONT DONT DONT DONT throw away the trimmed pieces!! Save them somewhere near by--you'll need them FOR SURE later) :

Take your two arms and place them accordingly back to their original places on the CV's body. Angle each piece (without glue, using your hands) so that a) the LEFT arm is touching the CV's left side of the head, and b) the RIGHT arm is touching the front of the CV's head. Trim accordingly so that a/b is correct. Don't glue yet, and DONT throw away your trimmings. SAVE THEM SAVE THEM SAVE THEM.

Now, take your CV body. Behead the fool! Try and get only his head off; try not to clip off any of his shoulder pads.

Now, place the CV's head aside. You don't need it now for the rest of the project, but i've also have made another tutorial using the "leftovers" of this project. Take out your Elite Clone Grenadier (referred to a EG). Behead that guy too. You'll see below i did a really horrible job of cleanly cutting his head off; but it doesn't really make a difference in the end.

Now, 2nd recap. You've now a two of the CV's arms, and the EG's head:

OK, now place everything aside and have your CV's body on the table. Cut the CV's leg from the front of his first (top) leg joint, and cut it straight across; i.e.: your cut should not be through his leg joint, but rather SRAIGHT across so that his body could (ideally) stand on the table on his little stubs of legs that are left. The body should look something like this:

Now, cut each leg part at the second joint--cut this part straight through the joint. You should have the following pieces:

Now, use the same flipping technique used in my first tutorial (turning a piece 180 degrees) with the small leg joints that you have trimmed. Turn it 180 degrees, and glue it back to the leg. Do the same to each leg. It should look like so:

Now, here's where the "grey", "vague", and "difficult" parts come into play. While waiting for your two leg pieces to dry, take your CV's body back out, along with the EG's head. Take one of your spare trimmings (most to all of them should be a somewhat triangular shaped piece if you look at it from the side). I personally took the trim that i did after the step after cutting off the CV's gun (see waaay above). Place it where the CV's head should be so that the thicker side is to the left and slightly to the front of the clone and the thinner side is on the right and slightly to the back. (Note: all these "lefts" and "rights" and "fronts", etc. are according to the clone. i.e.: "left" would be the Clone's left and "front" would be his front, etc.) If you want to know what this will do, it will basically tilt the clone's head upwards so that it looks like he's being pulled by the Force. See below:

Now, after the piece dries, place the EG's head on it, having it face slightly to the left:

Now, take the CV's left arm (hopefully you still know which arm is which still lol) and attach it back to his original place, and angle it so that it touches his head; as you have done before earlier. This time, glue the actual piece to it (place glue on both sides of the arm -- where his arm will touch his neck and where his arm will touch the other part of his arm attached to his body). I personally had to use a trimmings piece to give the arm the extra "leverage" to be able to touch the neck. (You'll see it below):

Now, attach his other arm and angle it so that it touches the front of the CV's neck. Again, i had to use an extra trimming to be able to give it the angle and leverage to do so. If you run out of trimmings; cut off small pieces from the CV's leg (the leg attached to the body). Make sure you cut it so that the front is slightly longer than the back of the leg. It should now look like this:

Other angle pics of the current CV:

Now, after his arms/head dry, take your two (and hopefully dry) leg pieces along with the body. Attach each leg accordingly to the body, trim the body/leg so that the angle of the bent legs is approx 70-90 degrees (Ignore the metal pin thing below; I was just experimenting):

Place the clone aside to dry. You're almost done! The hard part is over! Take out the CV's base and the pin. Poke the pin thruogh the middle of the base; so that it actually goes THROUGH the base. It should be pointing basically straight up (Don't glue!!):

Now, pull the pin out. Cut off the ball part of the pin and some of the pin so that approx 2 cm of the pin is left (don't cut the pointy side either). Make sure to wear goggles while you cut as a safety measure. Reverse the pin (careful not to poke yourself) and push it back through the base. Glue the pin into the base, like so:

Now wait for the base to dry. Hopefully when the base is dryy the clone is also dry. CAREFULLY pick up the clone and slowly and carefully wedge (i.e.: twisting, turning, gently/lightly pushing) the pointly pin into the clone's private part area (dig it in, guys!). Once the pin is somehwat "dug in", glue it to the body....and now you have your very own clone that's being strangled by a sith lord!!

...and a picture of a scenario of a sith lord choking him:

And there you have it! As always, questions and comments are always appreciated. Note: save the leftover head from the CV, gun piece, and body from the EG. I'm going to create another custom using these leftover pieces. Thanks!

Post subject: Re: How to make your own Clone-Trooper-Being-Choked!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:32 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
CB you are one twisted monkey. Nice work. Keep the madness rolling! Can't wait for the next step by step tutorial on how to mutilate a mini.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:58 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

Get me a great pic of Lord Vader choking him, and I will have a new Facebook profile picture!!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:18 am 

thanks R5! The next tutorial will be kinda ghetto; since itll be using the leftover pieces from this one plus one other common figure.

dvader831 wrote:
Get me a great pic of Lord Vader choking him, and I will have a new Facebook profile picture!!!

send me a vader SOTJ and ill be happy to comply! (i need a vader sotj to customize to do so ;) )

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:07 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

WOW. That is awsome. Big LOL from me

www.ocsws.com
Orange County Star Wars Society
California

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:47 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Impressive, most impressive. :vader2:

There is no such thing as I cannot, either I will not, or I do not know how.