logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Using MTB to get Force Spirit
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:03 pm 
General
General

I'm trying to figure out a way to use the Tactics Broker ability to kill Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, or Yoda and release Force Spirit at the right time.

Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan can usually die on their own, because they can put out some damage, but Yoda usually doesn't die.

I want to figure out how best to use Yoda, Luke Champion of the Force, and the Muun Tactics Broker in a squad to make sure Luke gets Force Spirit when I want him to. I also want to actually get some use out of Yoda before he dies. And I need a way to get rid of the MTB after he's served his purpose...

Any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:09 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Well, at this point, the only way we know of to 'get rid of' the MTB is through an area-effect damage type like Flamethrower, Missles, Self-Destruct, etc. Although I think killing off Yoda on-purpose is kind of silly.

In any games I've ever played, it's been better to use Obi-Wan for FS on Luke. And especially with the new Obi-Wan Unleashed, I think this will be your best bet.

Both RS Obi-Wan and OWU can lay down a pretty good amount of damage before dying. And your opponent is kind of stupid if they leave Old Ben running around the middle of the map hacking and slashing things to pieces. Just keep Luke further back, and use Obi-Wan to keep the opponent out of the gambit arena. Do as much damage with Obi as you can, and your opponent WILL kill him eventually.

The problem with using Yoda for Force Spirit is that he's a support piece. Yoda is best used to sit next to your beat stick and stun the enemy, while the beat stick goes to town. If you're keeping Luke back until Yoda dies, then you'll need something else to do your attacking until Yoda bites it.

Are you building for a 200 pt squad? Luke COTF, Obi-Wan Unleashed, and Yoda of Dagobah might make for a nasty combo. Run Obi-Wan and Yoda out first, using Yoda to keep Obi-Wan alive as long as possible. Whoever bites it first gives Luke his energy boost. With Lobot and some scrubs you should be able to reach 12 activations pretty easily.