logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: 200 pts Revan, any ideas...
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:43 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

I have been given a challenge for a game-night:
Build a 200 point squad using Revan, actually the rules did not state that i must use him as a sith lord, so i have the option to put him in OR or SITH

I have actually never played Revan and would really appreciate some cool ideas to help me take advantage of his very highly costed abilities.

i'm considering a hard hitting cunning piece, use Revan's intuition to move the piece to a door, activate first. Fire the piece and move away from the door. Preferably some piece with accurate or at least sniper(narrows the field down somewhat), maybe Boba, mercenary(double intuition!!) or even Deliah Blue could fill that spot. Of course with Boba there won't be room for much more, but i do think i need two stong threat pieces...

Post subject: Re: 200 pts Revan, any ideas...
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:55 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

Nuka wrote:
i'm considering a hard hitting cunning piece, use Revan's intuition to move the piece to a door, activate first. Fire the piece and move away from the door. Preferably some piece with accurate or at least sniper(narrows the field down somewhat), maybe Boba, mercenary(double intuition!!) or even Deliah Blue could fill that spot. Of course with Boba there won't be room for much more, but i do think i need two stong threat pieces...

Problem is that doors don't open for Intuition/Revan's CE. So what you could do was have an Ug end their turn previous round at a door, use Revan's CE to move Ug away from door, use Boba's Intuition to get within LoS to the door, use Master Tactician to go first, blast away with Boba's Cunning, and at the end of his turn the door will close.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:01 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Actually, you should carefully read the Intuition rules before you play. The doors are resolved at the end of each character's turn. Intuition is not a turn, and so therefore, doors do not open or close as a result of Revan's movement CE or Intuition. It's definitely something to keep in mind, because you can do some useful tricks if you play it right.

That being said, I do think Boba Merc is a good piece to use...having him move 12 squares and then put 60dmg on a key piece can be useful; in that regard, I would also recomment Zuckuss BH, because he can also move those 12 squares and glue a piece to the ground for a round. Also, consider the SHAD...it's a beast to take down, and the movement CE allows you to move it into position so that it can take all 4 of its shots each round. Whenever you're using Sith, it's worth considering Holosid as well, since he's only 11pts and can help the squad so much. And when you're using Holosid, it's worthwhile to consider Sith Lords and Sith Apprentices as well...and Revan's +4 Attack CE will help them as well. Obviously you cannot fit all of these suggestions into your squad, but that's the fun of squad-building. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:05 pm 
Sithlord's Sportmanship Winner 2010
Sithlord's Sportmanship Winner 2010

If you use OR Atton Rand is a great mini with Cunning +20.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:31 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

yea, Atton could be fun as well, maybe even reason to bring a czerka. To bad Revans +4 attack don't help him though, he could really use that. Actually since i know that one of the squads i know im facing is a Vader IC squad i think a jedi crusader with force push comes in handy, i need auto damage for hitting 28+ defense troopers i thing. Edit: hmm forgot force push will be a one shot for him

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:41 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Well, Atton is a +16 with both Cunning and Jedi Hunter, so he doesn't need too much help with his Attack level.

Revan + Crusader is 111 points. Work in Atton and a Czerka and you're up to 150. That's still a fair amount of room to work with for the most part. Could consider Zuckuss in those remaining points, or some more cheap OR pieces to take advantage of the CE, like the Juggernaut War Droid or a Jedi Battlemaster. Or, since you already have a Czerka in there, you could look at other Cunning Attackers that could benefit from the Czerka as well, like GenoHaradans, Whipid Trackers, Jawa Scavenger, Sith Operatives, etc.

Sort of depends on how competitive your venue is. Revan is going to be tough to build a very competitive squad no matter what you do with him.

TINT is right though....the SHAD with Intuition and Revan's +4 to Attack has always been a favorite of mine. Expensive, but fun.

Sith Apprentices with Holo-Sid and Revan is pretty decent. Not as good as Malak + Apprentices, but roughly similar.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:52 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

My group is not very competitive, more laid back and do fun builds.
I think i will go with Sith, with the heavy assault droid, played OR not so long ago.

/Edit
Oh and thx for all the input :D

This is what i got so far:
88 Darth Revan
49 Sith Heavy Assault Droid
23 Sith Lord
15 Whiphid Tracker
11 Darth Sidious Hologram
8 R7 Astromech Droid
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(200pts. 8 activations)

Not really sure about holosid, only sith lord and whipid benefit from him

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:55 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Nuka wrote:
Not really sure about holosid, only sith lord and whipid benefit from him

Don't forget the uggies. 2 extra squares of movement or a rerolled attack can come in handy at times. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:37 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

Master Tactician plus intuition gives a great door gimmick. Here's how you in fact do it correctly. End the round not adjacent to the door, and when you win init, move your fig to the door. Then let your opponent go first. Your shooter is still behind a closed door until they end a figure's turn (only one act with init remember). They end their turn, your door opens, you shoot, then move away and let the door close behind you.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:10 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Aha, sounds real good. I simply must try this trick today. So i take a map with a good number of doors, and make sure to protect my r7