logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Dream Team!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:27 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Well, it's that time again here in Cincinnati. Tonight we're doing what we call 'Dream Team'. Basically, it's just building a squad with absolutely no faction restrictions at all. It's an absolute riot, and people always come up with the most ridiculous possibilities.

Typically, squads end up based around a single figure, and try to pimp the snot out of that one piece. So, you might see something like this:

69 Darth Sion
55 Yoda CS
36 Qui-Gon JM
11 Darth Sidious Hologram
09 R2-D2 Astromech
08 Mas Amedda
12 Ugo Demo x4

Basically, make someone who is hard to kill, even harder to kill, lol. If Qui-Gon dies first, Sion can get Force Spirit, and then he can roll for Eternal Hatred, and re-roll up to 3 times until it sticks, lol.

Here are some others I've thought of:

57 GGDAC
38 DTP II x2
35 Sith Assault Droid
15 Juggernaut War Droid
12 Gha Nachkt
09 R2-D2 Astromech
08 BDO
07 Probe Droid
05 Rocket BD
05 RA-7 Death Star Protocol Droid
06 Ugo Demo x2
03 Battle Droid

Some fun with Droids outside of the Separatist faction. The Dark Trooper Phase II's have 30 base damage, which makes them brutal with Twin, and the SAD is a little machine that can sit in one place and relentless pour out damage.

56 Darth Talon
47 Shaak Ti, JM
45 Mara Jade, Jedi
34 Nom Anor
09 R2-D2 Astromech
09 Ugo Demo x3

Lots of super stealth fun, lol. And if you do end up facing Disruptive, well, just use your insane damage output to quickly kill that piece. :P

51 Durge, JH
49 Darth Malak, DLOTS
49 Anakin Skywalker, CON
23 General Wedge Antilles
16 ARC Trooper Sniper
09 R2-D2 Astromech
03 Ugo Demo

Wedge helps Anakin and Durge survive against the shooters, which is their biggest weakness. Malak makes Durge a +21 against Unique Force users. :P

57 Boba Fett, MC
33 Captain Rex
22 Imp Gov Tarkin
20 Commander Gree
20 Commander Cody
13 Czerka Scientist
09 R2-D2 Astromech
08 Mas Amedda
06 Ugo Demo x2

Greater Mobile Attack until the cows come home. Oh...and Triple with Boba and Triple/Twin with Rex. :D The low Attack values of Rex/Gree/Cody will cause some misses now and then, so Sidious in there for re-rolls. :P

84 Exar Kun
57 GGDAC
41 PROXY
09 R2-D2 Astromech
09 Ugo Demo x3

You thought PROXY as Darth Maul in TFU was tough? PROXY becomes a 27 NATURAL defense here, with a +23 Attack. Still have a couple Ugos that Kun can use for Transfer. Let's see Starkiller beat THIS version of Proxy. :P

75 Mandalore the Ultimate
55 Vader, Scourge of the Jedi
23 Mando Captain
19 Mando Scout
09 R2-D2 Astromech
08 Mas Amedda

Jedi beware. Vader with Double/Twin, and he gets Twin on either his Djem So or Riposte. Hurts a bit against shooters, but tears through Jedi like there's no tomorrow.

47 Luke's Landspeeder
45 Mara Jade, Jedi
41 Aurra Sing, JH
25 Han in Stormtrooper Armor
13 Rebel Trooper on Tauntaun
09 R2-D2 Astromech
09 Ugo Demo x3

Really, really fast Twin Attackers. Oh, and dangerous when they win init, even with the new rules of 1 activation on the first phase. Plus Sidious helps Luke be able to do lots of Jedi Mind Trick, and Aurra to do lots of Blaster Barrage. :)

40 YV Jedi Hunter x2
39 Durge
34 Nom Anor
21 YV Shaper
19 Yomin Carr
13 Czerka Scientist
11 Ithorian Commander
09 R2-D2 Astromech
08 Mas Amedda
06 Ugo Demo x2

Jedi Hunters that can do 60 damage per hit? Yes please! And, they get to do it at a +21 Attack. They're still a +17 for 40 with Jedi Hunter or Poison +10, which ain't too shabby.

So, these are all some of the ridiculous things we come up with, and I'm sure when I get to ACME tonight to play, I'll see even more things that I didn't even think of myself. It's really a neat format, and the entire point of it is to see who can abuse the rules the most. Sometimes you get owned, because you build a squad that is a monster against melee squads, but all you see all night are shooters. But that's how it goes, and it's always interesting. Try out with your group sometime!

Post subject: Re: Dream Team!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:25 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

OMG - my son will freak when he see this :lol:
I know what we'll be playing at home next time :dad: just switch the roles here!