logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Is Bane viable in 150?
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:00 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

So, my LGS has been overrun with Dodonna, Ith, Han Stormie and AA's. I am trying to come up with the best counter and yet still be able to compete when I don't play against these. I first thought about using Kyle BM, but I can't seem to make a squad with enough HP's I am happy with in NR and still have a good accurate shooter to deal with stealth. I like Vao cause he has block and riposte and can pair with Han GH for the disruptive and really like Tyrannus LODS for the same reason. I just don't know that those 2 factions can compete overall right now. Boris's thread on low activations got me thinking that these swarm squads almost always go to time when they win and time is always around rd 6. Could I consistently pull off a 3 round tourney with this-

Darth Bane
Aurra Sing
Lobot
uggie

The idea here is that your reinforcements gain a couple rds of gambit. If they kill some AA's bonus and your opponent won't get any points for killing them. Aurra and Bane both have sweep so if the AA's catch them you should be able to wipe out enough to win on points. Or if you hang back and let Aurra pick off enough so you have a 20 or 30 point lead by rd 6 you can still win. All you really have to do is not get any of these three killed. I think you could put this theory up against SS and Vong, tough if you have to track down SS, or get caught by 3 Vong JH's. What do you think?

Post subject: Re: Is Bane viable in 150?
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 4:36 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
I think Bane will get eaten alive by the AA Ith Han ST squads. He has no defensive abilities and his 200 HP will disappear in 7 30 Dam hits.

If you really want to deal with a swarm try a Mando squad with a Basilsk mowing them down. Blademaster Parry good too, but not very beefy.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 4:40 pm 
General
General

You could also try Accurate Blaster Barrage (Uggernaught + Veers -or- Han ST + Xizor). Just the threat of losing all his AAs in a single activation could seriously mess with your opponent. Force Repulse could be good too. I also like Lightsaber Sweep with Princess Leia Rebel Hero's CE (so you can keep moving like a lawnmower through the swarm).

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:11 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
Both much more versatile squads and scary squads than my suggestion.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:47 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

probably the scariest idea ever is kota, panaka, amedda, yobuck, anastap, and some uggies because once you swap kota into the middle of the enemy which has been reached with yobuck... its all over

Trollolololololololololol.

Who gave Palps on Throne evade? And who made the Yammosk sooo cheap?

Proud Creator of the abbreviation AnaSTAP.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:32 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

You're in luck! A meta dominated by a swarm squad is very easy to overcome.
-Yobuck, Lancer, and Arica are all nearly auto-wins vs swarm squads...especially when those swarms have just 20 hp. Yobuck is one of my favorite pieces, so I'll make this suggestion too: while you would normally swap Yoda out of there immediately after his gallop, in a matchup vs AAs you could actually leave him there in the midst of enemy territory after his gallop. Then he can absorb a couple of hits (60dmg if he fails both his blocks), and then you can swap in another piece (Anakin, Dash, Rex...anyone) who can then move in and make the big kill on Han or the IC or Dodonna. You'll obviously take some more damage, but by that point the match will be completely in your control and you'll have nothing to worry about.
-Bastilla's ABM also cripples them pretty badly, as does a well-played Kyle JBM squad, since they'll need 9s to hit him and he has Riposte.
-Oh, and if you're playing Republic, make sure to take a Rodian Diplomat along...his ItsATrap will allow your Rex or Dash to shoot up the AAs.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:16 am 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Celeste Mourne turning his AA's into rakgouls could be a tun of fun. Swap or levitate Celeste in there as late as you can in the round and start the chain reaction of gouls. I would love to play my stealth-n-gouls squad against this.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:02 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

You could also go with some old fashion mandalorian cloak action. you can't shoot things you can't see. Throw in the counter-intelligence officer to mess with tempo control.