logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Advice on a SS Squad
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:58 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Personally, I LOVE Super Stealth. It's a load of fun, and there are counters so it's not entirely broken. Though cheap in many situations :lol:

Right now, here's what I have on my 2nd 200pt SS Squad

Deliah Blue
Moff Nyna Calixte
Lando DS
Kel Dor x9
Admiral Ozzel
Ugnaught Demolitionist

Now, what I was thinking of, was taking out Deliah, giving me 33 points. I'm trying to get 2 Storm Commandos, so I'd take out the Ugnaught and then I have 36 points. 2 Commandos = 34

Suggestions?

Post subject: Re: Advice on a SS Squad
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:06 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

If you can get your hands on a Lobot, assuming you don't already have one, I'd drop some combination of 27 points to get him in and make a Muun tactics broker engine out of the Kel Dors. You get to blow one up for 40 damage at the beginning of each round, and since you're using Ozzel you can pretty much guarantee you'll be able to go last to maneuver the Kel Dor(s) into place next your opponent's big baddies.

I assume you're limited on pieces, so I used most of what you had listed mixed with a few easy(ish) pieces to get plus the two commandos you said you may be getting and came up with this:

Deliah Blue 33
Lobot 27
Nyna 18
Storm Commando x2 (34)
Kel Dor BH x 5 (65)
Admiral Ozzel 11
Wicket 8
Gran Raider/any other fringe piece 4 pts or less. 4
= 200, 13 activations.

Deliah gives you a pretty good accurate shooter, Nyna Superstealths the commandos, the kel dors, and wicket. Ozzel controls the tempo of the game for you. In most cases I would bring in an MTB and low point filler (more ugnaughts or gran raiders preferably) with Lobot and assure myself that I can blow up one Kel Dor a turn for his 40 damage. By bringing in filler along with the MTB you're assuring that you have some stuff to blow up the first few round while you get the Kel Dors into possition. Also you can use the Kel Dors to blow the MTB up by getting the MTB next to the Kel Dor you wish to blow up when you start running out of pieces you don't mind killing for your initiative control. Give it a whirl, it isn't the best SS build, but for what you had listed for pieces, it should do pretty well :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:45 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Thank you for taking the time to help me out that much bro. I'll definately take all of that into consideration. All I need is to get a Lobot and the 2 Commandos for that squad to be possible. Once again, thanks a lot :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:39 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

My pleasure. I hope you can get ahold of those pieces. Lobots are pretty easy to come by, but the commandos can be tricky.