logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: trying to make a 200pt Boba Fett, Mercenary squad
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:39 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Well i'm brand new to this site,(no 1 likes me over at starwarsminigames.com :cry: ) So anyway i just got a Boba, Mercenary off ebay and realy want to use him in a 200 pt-er. I've been on shoebox but i would like some actual help. any help is apreciated.

PS: i have access to 98% of figures made, so suggest anyone.
PSS: i usally play Sith, New Republic, Republic(never clones though),Imperial,and Rebel

these are some pieces i'm intrested in using

Vader's Apprentice Unleashed(the 1 i most want 2 play)
Luke legacy of the light side
jariah Syn
delilah blue
darth cadeus

and 1 last note: if someone knows were i can find some cool star wars avatars

Post subject: Re: trying to make a 200pt Boba Fett, Mercenary squad
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:22 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Welcome to the site!

Boba, Merc can be played in many different ways, depending on what is played at your LGS.
The first is an all-out power build, my personal favorite, it includes Han, RH, an MTB engine through Lobot and usually some good support through Luke, HPU or others. In this case you could fit in Jariah Syn who is also good with Han, RH. It gets murdered by Never Tell me the Odds squads, so if there are people at your LGS that play NTMTO I would probably avoid this option.
The second is more of a San squad, played in the New Republic with Han, Galactic Hero and General Dodonna to set up a key Double. I would play this squad only if your LGS has a lot of people that play initative control via an MTB or Master Tactitian. With the two Cunning Attackers Jariah would probably not be the best option, but you could always throw him in there.
The third is a sort of hit-and-run sort of build. It includes Garm Bel-Iblis and Princess Leia, Senator with some good support. Garm usually brings in a Golan Arms Turret and a MCTS to block any Melee characters. Han, Scoundrel could also be used in this and Jariah would probably be a good option. You could play it with Lobot and lots of filler for the MTB option for guaranteed damage.
The fourth is an extremely offensive Sith squad with Darth Revan for his MT and extra 6 squares of movement or a squad with Darth Krayt to utilize his Extra Attack CE for 3 attacks from Boba. Both seem to be extremely fun to play and could probably be competitive in the right hands. Again, it gets shot down by a NTMTO squad, but that shows you how much Boba, Merc depends on initiative.

Remember these are only a few examples in the sea of Boba, Merc squads.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:09 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Well since NO-1, i repeat NO-1 plays intiative control sqquads were i play, i came up with this

tharwn
boba
vader's aprentice
raxus prime trooper x5
piet
mas

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:49 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Unfortunately, I cant really help with the squad, being I dont usually play Boba. Chances are, if it was me (in other words a newer player) I'd probably take out Thrawn, and put in Lobot, giving you door control. Then with the 20 extra points, a MTB and a gonk droid, for Initiative control. Throw in some uggy's possibly, or whatever suits you best for activation control. I dont know man, that's all I could really advise.

But as for avatars, I'd go to:

http://www.wookieepedia.com

And look up whatever character it is that you want. It's where I got mine

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:52 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

As a matter of fact, I found this picture of Boba Fett I figured you might like. Just size it down with paint or something and it should look really sick

And pardon my rudeness. Welcome to the site :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:18 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Boba Fett wrote:
Well since NO-1, i repeat NO-1 plays intiative control sqquads were i play, i came up with this

tharwn
boba
vader's aprentice
raxus prime trooper x5
piet
mas

This is actually a pretty decent start to a squad using Boba Merc. And if nobody in your area uses Initiative Control, then you're in great shape. While SynGates' suggestion for using the MTB isn't bad, it doesn't really get you any better initiative control in the end.

And, looking at your squad, if I added it up right, I think you're at 196 points, right? You should always fill in those remaining points if you can. In this case, an Ugnaught would be your best bet, so that you have some way to blow open doors if your opponent uses Override against you. I would actually probably recommend dropping 1 of the Raxus Prime Troopers, and adding a total of 3 Ugnaughts. That would get your squad to exactly 200 points, and give you a good number of door blowers.

The combination of Vader's Apprentice Unleashed, and then Piett and the RPTs is really nice. You can open up the beginning of a round with a Double/Cunning from Boba, and then blast them with Lightning. If they get activated, now your Troopers can unload on them with Opportunist. Should work pretty well overall.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:20 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

The combination of Intuition and swapping in lightning with init control really is a good combo. Intuition opens up so many lanes that your opponent won't see :) Good idea.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:37 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

LoboStele wrote:
Boba Fett wrote:

tharwn
boba
vader's aprentice
raxus prime trooper x5
piet
mas

This is actually a pretty decent start to a squad using Boba Merc. And if nobody in your area uses Initiative Control, then you're in great shape. While SynGates' suggestion for using the MTB isn't bad, it doesn't really get you any better initiative control in the end.

And, looking at your squad, if I added it up right, I think you're at 196 points, right? You should always fill in those remaining points if you can. In this case, an Ugnaught would be your best bet, so that you have some way to blow open doors if your opponent uses Override against you. I would actually probably recommend dropping 1 of the Raxus Prime Troopers, and adding a total of 3 Ugnaughts. That would get your squad to exactly 200 points, and give you a good number of door blowers.

The combination of Vader's Apprentice Unleashed, and then Piett and the RPTs is really nice. You can open up the beginning of a round with a Double/Cunning from Boba, and then blast them with Lightning. If they get activated, now your Troopers can unload on them with Opportunist. Should work pretty well overall.

Well thanks. I take that as a compliment. I dont get told my squad ideas are good very often

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:44 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

thanks for all the help and special thanks to syngates for my kick-a avatar.