PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:28 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Leia, HC
Stormie Han
Ithorian Commander
Human Force Adepts
5 point fodder

Force Adepts have 8 atk, can run up 12 and do 30 damage (assuming you have used Force Weapon), save a FP for Leia's save, so 1/2 chance they will return.
Main problem I see is that their attacks, while boosted, still aren't great.

Too mean? Not as good as I think? What point format would it work best in? Been done before? Other ideas?

Post subject: Re: Abusing Leia HC
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:41 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Not quite as good as you think. The save for Leia's Commander Effect is a 16, not an 11. So it's only a 25% chance with one roll, and about a 38% chance with two rolls, if I'm remembering my math correctly. Two chances at a 25% possibility, do not add up to an overall of 50%.

Still though, having the Force Point to re-roll isn't too bad, it's just a bit gimmicky. You will find some games where it does great for you. A guy at GenCon last year played Leia HC, the Ithorian, and a swarm of Ewoks. In the game I played against him, I think he saved a total of 7 pieces throughout the game. Of course, I've also played a game where a guy had Leia HC and a slew of Rebel Snowspeeders (it was 500 points, EPIC format) and he managed to save 4 snowspeeders in one game. I still ended up winning. :D

The problem is not whether the idea is sound or not, it's just tough to build a squad with enough power and other synergy to work good, even if you don't get the saves from Leia. So, like I said, sometimes it will bite you in the butt, because you won't save any pieces at all. Other times it will annoy the crap out of your opponent because they can't kill a single thing.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:21 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Thanks for the input. I said 1/2 chance cuz you have 2 chances at 1/4, so 2/4 which is 1/2. I dunno.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:27 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

mrmikedrum wrote:
Thanks for the input. I said 1/2 chance cuz you have 2 chances at 1/4, so 2/4 which is 1/2. I dunno.

I only wish it worked that way... It's 2 1/4ths, so in all it's 2/8 chance. You're kinda gambling for the same thing.

Aside from that, I've thought about something like that before. I personally thought it sounded good and was creative, but then someone told me it wasn't as good as I thought.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:48 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Nah, it's not quite as bad as 2/8 (which would be the same as 1/4), but it's not as good as 1/2. My stupid brain is lapsing on me at the moment as to the correct way to do the statistics here, but like I said, it ends up being somewhere in the 35% chance range. I think the main problem is not bringing the pieces back to life, it's the damage you can do with them before they die. +8 is pitifully low if you're attacking pretty much any unique character. A piece like Vader JH or Master Kota with a 23 Defense would require to roll a 15 to even hit, and then there's the chance for Block or Alter, or a number of other ways (depending on the opponent character) to make the damage not stick anyways.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 10:59 pm 
Moff Disra
Moff Disra

Leia HC belongs in the fun to play box. The best save I've seen is Fingers got a speeder back in a sealed event (against me). I still won, but it was a lot closer.

The save 16 is just too high. On the flip side, the save 6 on Vong Jedi Hunters is amazing (even though I made less than half of my saves today in a tourney and still won).