logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Black Sun Squad help
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:03 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

alright as i have said time and time again i have had a big affinity for the black sun and would love to be able to take a squad to regionals that may actually do better than just a conglomerate of all of the characters that say black sun or count as black sun. so if you all could help out that would be great. these are some of the ideas that i have had in mind, of course all of them having 30 point xizor

OR-Bastilla and the Exile- being able to shut down CE's and gaining an extra attack is awesome

NR-Ganner Rhysode and Wedge- Ganner to throw them out and wedge to evade

Republic- Mas, Gowk, r2, and Yularen- mas for booming voice, gowk for another plus to make there hits hit, r2 for a movement breaker, and yularen for opportunist

imperial-thrawn, veers, palleon- either or thrawn +3+3 is always nice or opportunist is great, veers for accurate shot, and palleon for bubble

Seperatist- whorm, san hill and poggles- whorm to give all twin, san as long as i am using tbsv garuntee the opportunist, and poggles well they are poggles and if i play seppy that is just something that goes with in my opinion...lol

Sith-well i dont have much here at all

vong- nom- most of the faction have stealth already why not give ss and bomb squad

i think that i have all the factions but i may be missing help is always appreciated thanks

Post subject: Re: Black Sun Squad help
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:09 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

I've been thinking about running a squad with Imperial Governor Tarkin, Xizor, Ozzel, Pallaeon, and maybe four TBSVs. I think it would do well with all the "rock" type squads running around - you get a lot of firepower, and you can't reroll Soresu against attacks from within the bubble, so even GOWK or Zannah wouldn't last long against four shots at +17 for 40.

You're a bit screwed against the Lancer though, or some other squads with movement breakers, but if you have an open map and spread your guys out, I think you can rip apart popular squads like Mace/GOWK.

Post subject: Re: Black Sun Squad help
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:31 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Black sun are best with imp, nr or or

IMP are best but the nr have the Cso.

seps are fun because you can pawn them and they have the lancer

With are fun because you can pawn and swap in one turn