70 ARF Trooper x7
7 Clone Trooper Gunner
8 Mas Amedda
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

Preferred Reserves:
10 ARF Trooper
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid

(500pts. 27 activations)

This is my envisionment of what a clone army, larger scale, would function like. + A ton of commanders to boss them about. :P

Each clone solder can triple at a possible +11, a combination of Yoda, squad assault and Oppunist, with deathblow damage of 50 from a Star Crops troop and 40 from a ARF trooper. With constant reserves making a majinal difference to allow maximun firepower. After the first wave of bloodshed from bothsides is mostly finished, the less surviable heros are matched up to ensure that the clones can continue to squad assault, while the solid stats of the Jedi and Rex get to work.

While Lancer charges are a worry, they don't really bother me. All the death blows flung out by hitting clones will just result in them being destoried after smashing into two clones anyways. Only thing that would really bother me is a huge super stealth squad. ><;

Comments are appreated. ^^

Post subject: Re: A rather large republic army. 500 points. ^^
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:46 am 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

I'd trade Aayla for General Skywalker and Drop 5 of the ARF and the Scorches for a ton of 501st troopers.. I don't know what the points left would be, but get a few more uggies in there, and/or slip in R2 to start, not worthwhile waiting on a unlikely reserves roll.

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

Post subject: Re: A rather large republic army. 500 points. ^^
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:57 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Ruhk wrote:
I'd trade Aayla for General Skywalker and Drop 5 of the ARF and the Scorches for a ton of 501st troopers.. I don't know what the points left would be, but get a few more uggies in there, and/or slip in R2 to start, not worthwhile waiting on a unlikely reserves roll.

Ohh damn, got the two abilitys mixed up! I will change when I get the chance, though the odd 20 will be worth it. ^^

As for General Skywalker... I am not really sure, not really played in such a huge point game, but I would imagine a third attack at range would be much better then the remaining troops getting an attack enhancement at close range. I could replace Aayla if the third attack really was not worth it, but I am unsure of Skywalker.

I don't see that momentum boost being worth a extra attack at range, and more troops being benfical otherwise so that more troops can make it to that range. 15/19 seems enough for me to hit most threats consistantly. Though, I may change my mind in time if I ever do get the hands on experience, charging clones into Mandos would be epic. XD

As for the Scourch... Probably, I can't imagine him putting much more on the table for his points. The 501st would be good if I took out Aayla and rebuild it with them in mind, I will probably try that idea out. ^^ I will tinker with that build to try things from a different angle.