logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:36 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Engineer wrote:
I need to take a look at safe shooter spots on maps again. The ROTS hardboard has the Boba BH standing spot (one green square away that you can only get to with flight).

That's not so safe if Revan bringes along Maris with him. :D

She giveth, and she taketh away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:04 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Lord_Nihl wrote:
@emr,
I beat Lord Vader B&B on the hardboard this year at GenCon, which was my consolation match since they went an extra round.

2 of my opponents dropped that round leaving me with a weaker SoS, knocking me out of the Top 8.

I was sitting near you playing against Russ that round. If I recall a seriously lucky (5% odds or worse) roll (rolls?) shifted that game in your favor and barring that aberration you would have lost it. Am I remembering incorrectly?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:16 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

No he needed 9s to hit a JWM on an assualt and missed 2, which I've seen happen a ton of times

He was in the bubble and couldn't reroll, I was outside the bubble and made a block

pretty average 60/40 me all things considered.

you could take into the account the 1 I rolled with Quilan on thrawn that would have put me a round ahead of him on dmg.

that's just the game though, it never plays out the way it should.

If he played JH he would have won due to his attack value.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:05 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Guri should be nice with Revan, but it doesn't fit a theme. He'll be good for DCI, but it might take a bit more support for theme to be fun.

Archives of the Gamers Jedi
is designed to be your official source for in-game rules questions!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:30 am 

it never takes more thought for a fun squad than a DCI squad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:09 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Lord_Nihl wrote:
it never takes more thought for a fun squad than a DCI squad.

I totally disagree with that statement, totally.

Crubls is one of the simplest squads to build and it won teh french championship.

Broken boba falls into place with ease (best gun, 2 of the most undercosted beatsticks, and 2 most cost effective support pieces and viola, championship winner). Admittedly, Dr_Divot did make it unique as he realised Lobot was only gonna bring activations anyway but either way, its not a hard build.

San, Boba, Aurra, Lobot is not a hard build as is shown by the number of people running it in Gen con.

Now, difficulty in making a squad thats DIFFERENT and competitive takes some thought.

I think i'd give Barzillai the title for the most effective and different squad in Gen Con. Didn't see anyone else with the speeder + Han hero. Almost seems obvious if it weren't the fact that Han Hero has been overlooked for Scoundrel and Han ST in the last set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:34 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

depends on your definition of fun.....theme fun, SA/CE interaction fun, or mop the floor abusive fun :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:48 pm 
General
General

Lord_Nihl wrote:
He was in the bubble and couldn't reroll, I was outside the bubble and made a block

For future games, you can't block Force Immune characters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:38 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Lord_Nihl wrote:
No he needed 9s to hit a JWM on an assualt and missed 2, which I've seen happen a ton of times

pretty average 60/40 me all things considered.

Ah, I was thinking he didn't get the attacks at all because he got the 1 on init or something. Yeah, it's about 25% to miss them both. (Yikes, his Vader in the bubble with your JWM outside of it...talk about some bad positioning on his part! :D)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:40 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

fingersandteeth wrote:
I think i'd give Barzillai the title for the most effective and different squad in Gen Con. Didn't see anyone else with the speeder + Han hero. Almost seems obvious if it weren't the fact that Han Hero has been overlooked for Scoundrel and Han ST in the last set.

Aw, thanks... but I played an exact mirror match in round 2 or 3 so I wasn't the only one to think of the combo. Though that guy sportingly brought Death Star as his map, and I shamelessly exploited Mustafar instead. We played the mirror match on Death Star, and I won by getting shots on his landspeeder while making sure his could shoot at nothing but Ugnaughts.

I built the squad (and chose the map) specifically to munch through JWM swarms, which it does very effectively - by staying very far away from them. And I still think it's a strong squad. The only thing I'd change now would be to drop R2PO in favor of R2 + Juno + 2 more points, and I'd probably take a Muun in my reinforcements pool on occasion.

Back on topic...

So now that we have the whole set, I think Revan will do okay in 200 but 150 will be tough... maybe an E522 Assassin Droid as his shooter support?

1 Darth Revan
1 E522 Assassin Droid
1 Lobot
1 Ugnaught Demolitionist

150 even...

Revan will be a lot of fun to play. I will enjoy devising door tricks with his CE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:27 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

barzillai wrote:
So now that we have the whole set, I think Revan will do okay in 200 but 150 will be tough... maybe an E522 Assassin Droid as his shooter support?

1 Darth Revan
1 E522 Assassin Droid
1 Lobot
1 Ugnaught Demolitionist

150 even...

Revan will be a lot of fun to play. I will enjoy devising door tricks with his CE.

LOL, that's almost the same as the squad I was looking at yesterday, but with HK-47 instead of the E522. I think HK certainly has some better potential than the E522, except for the lack of Accurate. Same damage, better attack (w/ cunning vs. programmed). Since HK only has one attack, he can use Revan's CE to run out, take a shot, and then run back into hiding. So, no shots on him as well. He should put out a lot more damage in the end than the E522 will, I think.

But, yeah, Lobot would be a must in a squad like that. And I forsee Revan 150 pt squads having a lot of heartache with Piett/Ozzel Stormie swarms. :(