logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Re: SWM Regionals 2010
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:37 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

I think that works great, maybe we can use some spiffy Photoshop skills to create a map with each location so people can see routes to other locations for the dates. Ooooh, a fun project I can fiddle with, yay! ;)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:51 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

jedispyder wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
dvader831 wrote:
Just hoping that no one freaks out wondering where all of the Regional Threads are. I made an entire new section devoted to them. They are all there.

Took me a second to find - but might be nice to put a link here. :)

Also, Ray - it would be great if you updated the first post with dates as they come in!

*psst* There was already a link there in Ray's post (I added it last night, so I know it's there). There's also a link for each of the individual threads in the first post, so it really shouldn't be too horrible to find it ;)

LOL - I had no idea there was a link. I only just now scrolled over and then it highlighted. Didn't think to do that. Aren't the words that make the link usually underlined or italicized or blue or something? LOL

And yes, I did mean to have the dates so people who might be able to make more than one can plan accordingly. Having them in order once there all set will be nice.

Thanks guys!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:07 am 

The links are quite screwy on the site, I'd love to be able to change their property but alas not able to ;)

And once we get all dates set (which will hopefully be this month) then we'll create a new thread for everyone. I think if I can get a map to work like I want it to then people should be able to get a good idea of which locations are where.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:33 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

FYI, the links have been set to work the way they currently do simply because it's the only way to make sure the links show up on all the different skins that are available for the website. There IS a little difference between the links and the regular text, but only a little bit.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:19 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

Well, the links in the first post now look different. In fact, I would say they are making a bold statement.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:06 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

NJ Regionals
------------
Date: Sunday June 6th
Time: 11am (doors open at 10:30)
Entrance Fee: $15.00
Address: 185 C Route 73 N
West Berlin, NJ 08091
Phone: (856) 719-1414
Store Owner: Ed Evans (edevans@allthingsfun.net)
Alternative Contact: Joe Whalen (variable00@yahoo.com)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:56 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I'm desperately seeking someone qualified and willing to judge the New Jersey Regionals at All Things Fun on June 6th. Right now I don't have a judge nor do I have any candidates so any help would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:55 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Location: Aboard the Exocarrier Resalute, waiting to free all SWMer's from Tyrnany
Sunday May 9th at 10 am in Colorado Springs we are set to go. And we are in the process of spreading the word. WOuld saturday have been nice? Sure, but not possible at our location, regular Yughioh and magic tournies are held on saturady and there wouldn't be room, but sunday we'll have the whole store

Member of the SWMRAC
Member of the Completed till the End and Beyond Club

Come rate my squads on Bloomilk...http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.a ... dalsiandon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:10 pm 

dalsiandon wrote:
Sunday May 9th at 10 am in Colorado Springs we are set to go. And we are in the process of spreading the word. WOuld saturday have been nice? Sure, but not possible at our location, regular Yughioh and magic tournies are held on saturady and there wouldn't be room, but sunday we'll have the whole store

Saturday's are preferred but not necessary. Sunday is fine, especially if you think it will get the largest crowd. Next step will be to create a thread in the Regionals 2010 forum with information specifically for your Regional (you can basically copy off someone else).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:52 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

dalsiandon wrote:

Bless you and your Sunday Regionals! Leave it to my home town to buck the norm. :) I wish I were able to make it home to participate. I live in Chicago now, so that would be tough. Regardless - I would be willing to bet you'll get participants that could not have made it on the Saturday.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:34 pm 

Trust me, I am all for doing them on Sunday cause I work Saturdays. I want to attend 3 different Regionals this year but not even sure if I can attend 2, lol.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:52 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

jedispyder wrote:
Trust me, I am all for doing them on Sunday cause I work Saturdays. I want to attend 3 different Regionals this year but not even sure if I can attend 2, lol.

Ditto!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:54 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Location: Aboard the Exocarrier Resalute, waiting to free all SWMer's from Tyrnany
TimmerB123 wrote:
dalsiandon wrote:

Bless you and your Sunday Regionals! Leave it to my home town to buck the norm. :) I wish I were able to make it home to participate. I live in Chicago now, so that would be tough. Regardless - I would be willing to bet you'll get participants that could not have made it on the Saturday.

When have they ever done anything "by the book" in this place?

Member of the SWMRAC
Member of the Completed till the End and Beyond Club

Come rate my squads on Bloomilk...http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.a ... dalsiandon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:44 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I have created flyers that you can post about the regionals. Hope this helps spread the word.

Color - http://www.4shared.com/document/G4qF3DkA/2010_regional_list_color.html

Grayscale - http://www.4shared.com/document/my1r_ghS/2010_regional_list_BW.html

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:54 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

California Regional

Saturday, June 26th

6026 Fair Oaks Blvd.
Carmichael, CA

Format: 200pt DCI Constructed, Restricted map list (see Updated Floor Rules for details)

Start Time: 12:00 noon (please come early so we can start on time)
Entry Fee: $15
Prizes: booster draft... no one leaves empty handed.

Event Email: adventures9860@sbcglobal.net
Event Phone: (916) 973-9064
Store Contact: Avrom A. Oliver

Last edited by Hye Jedi on Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:16 am 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

Well, it all begins tomorrow! I hope that everyone who has plans to attend a Regional (or two, or four!) is prepared for a great time of gaming and hanging out with friends and people who may one day be friends (yeah, Bill Hazel and Bill German, I'm looking at you guys!).

I ask one thing of everyone. Treat the judge of your event with respect and show them you appreciate them. Last year, WOTC promised booster support for the judges, but this year, no such deal was made. Some locations are sure to take care of them, others might not. Be sure they are told that their time and efforts are not wasted!

Thank you all, God bless, and, well, you know it's coming...
May the Force be with you!

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:51 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

Hi all,
Question on how (or if ) the DCI floor rules will apply to the regional events.
Will we be using the 3/2/0 format? 3 for complete win, 2 if by tiebreaker, 0 for a loss.
I know the DCI software hasn't implemented it yet and there was some concern on whether all the regionals would use the same scoring rules.
TIA
Dren

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:06 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

The Racine regional will be using the 3/2 rule. Lobo has made a Excel file for this. It has some bugs but we are working them out. If you want a copy of it ill email it to you. Are you guys still planning on coming to regionals even though its 200 pts.All of the regional leaders were told to use the 3/2 rule but some of them might not for some reason.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:42 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

As of know we have at least 3 adults, 2 teenagers (one went 3-2 last year we are trying to get the other to join us)
Possibly 3-4 more teenagers, Don't worry our teenagers are high 1600's for the most part so you will be surprised, we had one go 4-1 last year.
So I think as many as 8 from Madison may make it over, working out transportation issues this weekend.

I don't mind the 3/2 format, The only concern I have with it is someone who is obviously loosing running slow playing near the end of a round, to prevent you from getting 3 points. I can imagine it happening to try and keep someone from the final 4 (and maybe getting your friend in instead). Something the Judges should look out for. Hopefully they will be able to tour tables and give warnings as appropriate and inflict penalties when appropriate.
Just because you have 17 activations doesn't warrant only getting 2 or 3 rounds completed.

Dren

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:32 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

Dren wrote:
As of know we have at least 3 adults, 2 teenagers (one went 3-2 last year we are trying to get the other to join us)
Possibly 3-4 more teenagers, Don't worry our teenagers are high 1600's for the most part so you will be surprised, we had one go 4-1 last year.
So I think as many as 8 from Madison may make it over, working out transportation issues this weekend.

I don't mind the 3/2 format, The only concern I have with it is someone who is obviously loosing running slow playing near the end of a round, to prevent you from getting 3 points. I can imagine it happening to try and keep someone from the final 4 (and maybe getting your friend in instead). Something the Judges should look out for. Hopefully they will be able to tour tables and give warnings as appropriate and inflict penalties when appropriate.
Just because you have 17 activations doesn't warrant only getting 2 or 3 rounds completed.

Dren

Don't worry, the judge is well aware of this scenario, and anyone caught doing it is guilty of stalling (which is different than slow play). Stalling merits an automatic game loss, and if that isn't enough (like it will have a significant effect on the outcome of a tournament) the judge has the authority to award a full win to his opponent, and kick the offender out of the tournament all together, forfeiting all prize support, etc. Plus, as the judge last year, we had almost no issues with slow play. I gave out a grand total of 4 slow play warnings, and added a round to one game. I expect it to be very similar this year. We have a great group of guys in this area, and I think it's much more likely that your opponent would concede to give you the full win rather than try to stall you out to prevent it. But if you see it happening, call the judge immediately.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29