logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Dark Times Midnight Release - Chicago
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:12 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully

Ok, quick report before work (since I just got up lol).

We ended up going with 150pts, and everyone had little trouble making it, so Lobostele was correct on the point level for it.

I ended up using 7 pieces (and all 4 games my opponent's were at about 7-8 activations as well).

My squad:
Dengar, Hired Killer
Imperial Sovereign Protector
Emperor's Hand
Mando JH
Jedi Watchman
ARF Trooper
GunganBH

My second rare was A'sharrad Hett and I chose not to use him.

I went 4-0, beating Lex with a similar squad to mine (Zuckuss instead of Dengar) on Nightclub (my map), then Tim (Merumeru) on Muun, Mike with a similar squad to Lex (Zuckuss) on Nightclub, and finally Ethan with Hett on Nightclub.

On average, Dengar successfully made 3 Final Shot kills (a figure with 30-50hps remaining) per game. It was an absolute blast.

Special thanks to Brad (TheCelestialWarrior) for coming over from 2 hours away for the event!

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

Post subject: Re: Dark Times Midnight Release - Chicago
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:22 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Had a blast. Thanks again Lex for the couch.

I ended up going 2-2, which wasn't bad given that I only pulled two shooters (MeruMeru and 4-Lom) and played on the Transit Map. I ran:

4-Lom
Jedi Watchman x 2
Jedi Hunter Droid
Emperor's Hand
Human Engineer
Rodian Brute

My first match (completely spacing the kids name even though this is like the 2nd or 3rd time I've met him, albeit briefly each time) was a loss. He ran a couple of stealth damage dealers in the Mandalorian Jedi Hunter and Sith Assassin. It was a pretty even match but my crucial mistake was not realizing the Sith Assassin had cunning...4-Lom had some devastating crits but eventually wasn't enough.

The other loss was to Tim in Round 3. Both of us pretty much agree that not being able to kill his Talz Captain in a crucial last round was the end all for 4-lom. I moved away to ensure the door would close after his death and thus no Careful Shot or BH, and couldn't get him out of cover so I needed an 11.

Had a lot of fun for this being a last minute decision on my part, next time I will be able to bring a few more with me.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:27 am 
Hand of the Sith
Hand of the Sith

billiv15 wrote:
Ok, quick report before work (since I just got up lol).

We ended up going with 150pts, and everyone had little trouble making it, so Lobostele was correct on the point level for it.

I ended up using 7 pieces (and all 4 games my opponent's were at about 7-8 activations as well).

My squad:
Dengar, Hired Killer
Imperial Sovereign Protector
Emperor's Hand
Mando JH
Jedi Watchman
ARF Trooper
GunganBH

My second rare was A'sharrad Hett and I chose not to use him.

I went 4-0, beating Lex with a similar squad to mine (Zuckuss instead of Dengar) on Nightclub (my map), then Tim (Merumeru) on Muun, Mike with a similar squad to Lex (Zuckuss) on Nightclub, and finally Ethan with Hett on Nightclub.

On average, Dengar successfully made 3 Final Shot kills (a figure with 30-50hps remaining) per game. It was an absolute blast.

Special thanks to Brad (TheCelestialWarrior) for coming over from 2 hours away for the event!

Sounds like Hett is easily obtainable.. any thoughts on what the chase piece this set? Also it seems that Dengar is pretty beastly as well, maybe its just the format hes in but it seems like that Final Shot really sealed the deal for you. What were all the pulls. 2x Hett, 2x Zuckuss, Dengar, Meremeru, 4-Lom.. can you fill in the rest.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:31 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

There were 12 of us....so exactly two cases...

Obviously...there were 2 of each rare.

As for the VR's There were 2 Hett's. 2 of either Dass Jennir of Ferus Olin(can't remember)...Bomo, Chewie,....I don't think anyone pulled a Kir, and I honestly can't remember what else might have been missed...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:10 pm 

I honestly didn't pay attention to the VRs being pulled, as the Rs were generally better for sealed. I did not see a Dass or Kir Kanos. There were two of every rare, that I remember. Lilly pulled IG and 4-Lom, and I was scared to face her. She lost a close one to Ethan, so I played him in the finals instead. Lilly then played Tim and the battle went right down to the wire, with Tim pulling out a very narrow victory. I did see one Bomo, and he actually was quite solid. HE was teamed with Bossk, who always went down first, so Bomo would have his +4/10 and with stealth and twin becomes nasty.

So final results were
Me first
Ethan and Tim tied for 2nd (they actually played the exact same 3 people, losing once each to me).
Lilly 4th
Brad 5th
One other 2-2, can't remember who it was.
and then everyone else at 1-3
except Lex who went 0-4. He was proud of being the only one.

I pulled Ferus in prize support, so I'm down to 2, Bomo and Chewy being the two VRs I still need.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:03 pm 
THE Customist
THE Customist

Regarding VR pulls, my first opponent (don't know his name) had both Dass and Ferus.