logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: 150 pointer at Owensboro, KY
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:56 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Saturday we had 6 players. Dark Jedi 21 couldn't make it, which greatly improved my odds of winning. :P

Seriously though, our numbers have been down of late due to the stale environment. I am very ready for FU to break onto the scene. (It should have come out this month IMO, but they didn't ask me at WotC when they made the release schedule).
I didn't see what everyone was playing, unfortunately, but here were some of the squads.

Me:
San Hill
Aurra JH
Boba BH
Lando DS
Ugnaught x4
Aqualish Assassin x1

Others:

Bacara
Elite Clones
various Republic commandos
Quinlan, Infiltrator
-------------
Lando DS
Luke CotF
Han in Armor
Aurra (CS)
R2P0
Ug
-----------
San Hill
Boba Fett BH
too many Battle Droids to count
Security Battle Droid x1
----------------
Han Solo in Stormtrooper Armor
Lando DS
Wicket
Ewoks/Ugs
R2P0
Ithorian Commander
Aqualish Assassins xX?

Round 1 it was San vs. San on Geonosis. It was slow going, but steadily my Boba and Aurra whittled away all the Battle Droids until I was able to maneuver toward Gambit with my San. Neither player rolled a Disintegration, and Aurra's odd-numbered HP is how she survived the final round of combat.

1-0

Round 2 I faced off against Han and the Ithorian Commander on Ravaged Base (Commander's Office). I don't remember much about the game except that my Ugs blew up alot of doors and his Lando critted my Boba early game, and I failed my evade. We went to time and I was way ahead in points thanks to a late game Blaster Barrage against 3 Ugs and an Aqualish Assassin that had been wounded in round 2.

2-0

Round 3 I faced off against team Luke on Bespin. This was the only game where I rolled a 1 for initiative and I brought in 5 battle droids who spent the entire game behind the shuttle area where they safely combined fire against enemy Han and Aurra for the win.

3-0

We had a 4th round scheduled, but 2 people dropped after round 3, and no one really wanted to play that 4th round, so my opponent (who was 0-3 in the tournament to that point) conceded to me and the other 2 players worked out the concession. Since there was no real prize on the line, it wasn't a big deal to them.

4-0

It's a small step toward digging myself out of a hole so deep that I am behind people in my state who haven't played in over a year. I just need to play more, I suppose.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg