logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Charlotte, NC. Events for Jan.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:15 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

Greetings one and all,

My good friend posted these event listings over on Bloomilk and I thought I'd share them here. From what we were told at our first tourney here is that they only run 2 events per month. I haven't recieved an email from the organizer about how many for Jan., so this is just a copy/paste job from what my friend had heard. If there are changes I'll will be sure to edit the post here on Gamers and keep you all informed.

Rebel Base Comics and Games
701-C South Sharon Amity
Charlotte, NC 28211

Events start around 1pm and last until 5:30pm.

Jan 9, 2010
=Rainbow Wars=
-300 points, 7 characters only, each character must have a different colored lightsaber. (blue, green, purple, white, orange, yellow, and red)
-Lumiya has been deemed to have a yellow lightsaber. She can be used for the event.
-You may choose one lightsaber color for characters who have 2 different ones. (Such as GGDAC being either green or blue)
-Any non-melee attackers will be limited to adjacent only. (we are assuming force powers such as Force Push will be ruled accordingly)
-A 'variation of Gambit Rules' will be in effect for this event only.

Jan 23, 2010
=100pt DCI-Constructed=
-100 point DCI legal squad is required
-Gambit rules are in effect
-$5 entry fee for prizes

**Note** Jan 16, 2010: Some of us are scheduled to go to the Nashville event on that day. Not sure if the regular Charlotte crew will have a tourney on that day. I'll edit if need be and see if they have anything planned. UPDATE--No events are scheduled.

We'd love to see more people come out and play. We're also more than open to having new players come out and join us. If you're curious about what Star Wars Minis is or you're wanting to learn more then join us. Right now we're averaging about 6 players right now (mostly kids) and if Spryguy1981 and myself can get everyone up-to-date on the rules then we'll have a REALLY good group to play with. So come on out and join us! :)

Post subject: Re: Charlotte, NC. Events for Jan.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:11 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

what's up man. Don't think we've met (i've been working every saturday for 2 mos), I'm a regular with the charlotte crew and have been playing with them for three years now. We've been through our ups and downs as far as places to play are concerned. We used to play 3 times a month, but the loss of a gaming store forced us to drop to just two. Glad to have some new players joining up.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:30 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

I'm the other new face to the Charlotte group and so far I have enjoyed it. I second Emissary, and hope to see more faces. jhc36 I would assume you are Jonathan lol, based on the Vong avatar and how the groups says u are a Vong guy. Looking foward to meeting you some time and playing against you. Have a great day!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:21 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

spryguy1981 wrote:
I'm the other new face to the Charlotte group and so far I have enjoyed it. I second Emissary, and hope to see more faces. jhc36 I would assume you are Jonathan lol, based on the Vong avatar and how the groups says u are a Vong guy. Looking foward to meeting you some time and playing against you. Have a great day!

hahahahahahah, yeah that's me. Pretty much the biggest yuuzhan vong player around. I'll be there this saturday, look forward to meeting you guys.