logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: GAW release event MN Dreamers 11/2
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:30 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sealed event went down last night. Everybody had a good time. Turn out was a little lighter than expected, was the only downside. I took the last 2 boosters on the table and ended up with Gen Skywalker and Grievous. I also had a B3 and a LR droid and thought those guys would be fun with Grievous, but at the end of the day I figured I had better go with Anakin cause I would need is damage output. Here is what I went with-

Grievous
Gen Skywalker
R7
Night Vision
501st
Battle Droid

Map roll I won all 3 games and went with Yavin Temple.

1st match against someone brand new to our group named Hector. He is 11. I am thinking OK I get to do some teaching (which I love) and breeze into the next round. Then I see his squad and he has FLOBI and Cad Bane!!! Now I am afraid. My only hope if to take advantage of his 4 activations and luck! lol He also has a Clone Pilot and a Magna Artillerist. He chooses temple side and setsup in a corner. I setup in the middle. My Battle Droid gets gambit and everyone else is in the center. R7 closes the door on his side. He moves out to top edge of center. 2nd round he puts his Clone Pilot in gambit. He moves all his pieces closer to gambit. I figure my only hope is to setup to rush him with Grievous and Anakin next round, so I wait for him to activate and then use R7 to open the door and use my clones to take out his Pilot. I then use Knight Speed to put 60 on Bane who is adjacent to Obi. Grievous bases the artillerist who is 3 away from Obi and Bane. So that is it. It is round 3 and we are all based and it comes to this init lol. I win init and he Surprise moves obi out of there. I then use Grievous (who takes an AOO from the Artillerist) to finish off Bane. At this point Cad has went off without getting a single shot off and I am thinking whew that is over little did I know the power of Obi lol. Obi comes back and hit Anakin, Djem so made my attack doesn't get through Soresu. Anakin moves and takes an AOO from Obi to get Momentum and makes his Djem SO which is Soresued away. I then hit him twice with momentum, but only one gets through. SSM total is at 70hp now. lol Next all my shooters attack the magna and put some damage and he bases Grievous with his Magna. Next round he wins init and the artillerist activates Grievous and puts 60 damage on him. Which really hurts losing his 4 attacks that turn. Next Anakin moves again and the AOO djem so fest goes off again with this time I get one momentum attack through, but everything else is negated. Next round I win init and grievous finishes off the Magna and now it is all my squad against Obi lol. Anakin is at 10hp and no force, Grievous has 40 left and Obi is at 60. Anakin is able to get a hit through before he bites it, but Obi is now out of force. Grievous bases him and gets one through. One final init. I win it and now have to get 1 of 4 attacks through for the victory. He gets by the first 2 and takes it on the 3rd. Final SSM prevention is 200 damage.[blink] Wow, good game I barely escaped with my whole squad against just Obi. If Cad would have got any shots off or I lost any of those inits no way I win.
1-0

2nd round I play Nik. He has Assaj, Tuuk, Senate Commando, Artillerist, and some clones. He chooses Hanger side and sets up in the middle. I setup in the middle. 1st round I use the battle droid to get gambit. He opens the center door with a clone. He sends Assaj to the middle room and debates awhile whether to use a force to put here adjacent to the door on my side opening it. (I secretly want this, but try and be cool) He goes for it and I promptly bring out R7 and close the door behind him effectively trapping her from the rest of his squad. I then move Anakin and Grievous toward the center to engage Assaj next round. 2nd round I win init and use Anakin to drop 60 on Assajj. Assajj hits back and I only get 1 djem so and take damage. Grievous finishes her off with Jedi Hunter. 3rd round he moves the magna and senate commando into my side with 501st all 3 in a row. Anakin uses Knight speed to attack the Magna for 60, but I only roll a 1 on the second one and miss. Nice. Now Anakin is sitting pretty for everyone to unload in his face. He misses a couple, but an opportunist hit from Tuuk puts the damage for the round at 70. Grievous comes down and bases the Senate Commando and friends. Next round he wins init and the Senate Commando takes out Anakin. (I think I missed every opportunity for lightsaber defense this game) Now Grievous tries to finish off the Magna, but I miss the twin forcing me to double on him leaving the Senate Commando and Tuuk full. Next round I win init and Grievous finishes off the Senate Commando leaving Tuuk and a clone against Grievous and it's over. GG.
2-0

3rd round against Monni316 who has Rex, B3, Droid Sergeant, Clone Pilot, 501st, Night Vision, Repeater Clone, ARF trooper maybe a couple clones. He takes Temple side and I setup in the middle. He has a machine gun fest and I figure this is going to be a long slow battle as I try to figure out how to approach. 1st round my Battle Droid gets gambit. He tries to figure out how to use Rex's commander effect to open the door on his side. I decide not to open my door. 2nd round he uses Rex to base the door. I open my door and use R7 to lock his and move my squad to the bottom room. He moves his Clone Pilot around the corner to open the bottom door. I use Anakin and knight Speed to kill him thinking I need a point lead and decrease some of his acts. He his one square off from moving some of his pieces and getting a shot at Anakin. Next round I move Anakin out of the room into a meditation chamber. He floods the hallway with Rex and the B3 and some clones keeping the quad shooter at the back of the map. He is able to get an accurate shot off at R7 with his night vision trooper and put it at 20hp. I move grievous into the room. Next round I win the huge init and have a decision to make. If I move Anakin into the hall and double Rex he still has 20 left. If I let him go first he will get 2 30 dam shots off and mobile back around the corner. Also if I leave Anakin based to Rex he now has 7 attacks he can make between the B3, Rex, 501st lol. (luckily for me the Quad shooter is behind a pillar and has to move to get a shot at Ani from that spot. I decide to gamble and move Anakin out needed not a 1's against him. First attack hits. Second attack I roll a 12 and decide for the heck of it to FP reroll hoping for the crit AND GET IT! Down goes Rex! Then I mobile out of there. Now he opens the door and B3 takes out my 501st, Night Vision, and R7 with his Triple attack. Grievous takes out the Pilot. Next round I win init again and Anakin takes out the B3. The Quad attacker takes out Anakin, but Grievous is 6 away and takes out the Repeater. GG. Some amazing things happened in that game for sure lol.
3-0

Great fun. I don't think I would have won any games without R7 lol. He was MVP for sure!

For my trouble I get a Hondo. Hopefully I can trade him for Yularen or Whorm who are the only pieces I am missing.

Post subject: Re: GAW release event MN Dreamers 11/2
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:19 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

Excellent report, Chris! I hope our tourney on Sat. is just as fun!