logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17

Post subject: Re: Competitive Play Changes Proposal
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:00 pm 
Moff Disra
Moff Disra

billiv15 wrote:
Grand Moff Boris wrote:
I don't think players should be making errata changes to stat cards. That's designer territory IMO.

When the floor rules start changing how the abilities of various pieces perform, well let's just say it could be a can of worms we may wish we hadn't opened.

Yes in general I understand, but last time I checked, I do not have that power. If we were to think about something like that, it would be a suggestion sent up to WotC as an option to consider for the new format. I certainly am not anticipating that this would be something that would just be able to be added to the floor rules without WotC consent and approval. Especially since it easily could be something that they intend to address in another way in a coming set (for example, a Major Veers that grants Stable Footing to huges, or something like that :)). Quite obviously this would have to go through the design team before it would ever be considered. I just wanted to throw it out there as an idea to consider, to see if it's something the community would want. Since the discussion of the other ideas had died down, I thought it might be a fun direction to take the conversation. That is all.

I would think a Fringe piece (like the Czerka Scientist). Maybe it could be named "engineer". :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:18 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Ok, I nscanned the entire thread, but in all honesty, did not read every post, so if I am duplicating here, please forgive me. I am also speaking from a non-top rated palyer perspective, and aplayer who has had limited access to DCi tourneys (hoping to change that).

It all looks good to me, with one exception: The suggested changes to GOWK. One or the other seems excellent, but adding more than one seems to be asking for undue confusion. I think eliminating MotF2 would reighn things in nicely. I've tried paly testing this, and in the 50 games run so far, that has made a very big difference. Keeping things simple makes it easier on everyone, and keeps more people happy with the changes in the long run. Occams razor - the simplest answer is usually the best.

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:39 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Concerning the "ending the game in the right way" problem:

1. Game ends if one squad is eliminated.
2. If game goes to time the player who scored more points win if he scored at least 2/3 rounded down of the format's point limit.
(100 -> 66, 150 -> 100, 200 -> 133)
3. Otherwise a game is considered a draw.

That way you would encourage fighting and stalling early in the game would make no sense.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17