logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: 100 points DCI in Greenfield Mass (7/10/09)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:14 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

We had 9 players show up. I played Billiv15's broken GOWK squad with GM Yoda subbed in for GOWK. I brought the Rancor Pit for my map and played on it both games I played.

Round 1: Bye (1-0)

Round 2: vs Mike who played the more recent Malak, Sith Trooper Captain, 2 x Elite Sith Trooper, Sith Guard. I managed to take out the guard and one of the Elites in the first round. I had to start, but I only moved my Ug up 12. He then moved the guard and elite up 12 each to have them ready to come around the middle area of the map in round 2. R2 was mainly to tow Yoda around so he could get off LT3's, but I'd set up my starting area with R2 in between Dash and Yoda just in case I might want to tow Dash instead. So for that activation I moved Yoda up on his own then followed with the Noble. He activated and advanced his other Elite and the Captain. I towed Dash up 12 to where he was able to move up three squares, take his attacks with Oppritunist and Yoda'a +3 to give him a +13 for 20 on each shot, then move back to where he started. First shot took out the Sith Guard, the second (and its twin) hit one of the Elite's, killing it. He moved Malak up. Round ends I get center points and he doesn't. Next round he wins iniative and Sith Lighnings Dash/R2. I should have moved Dash somewhere else after his attacks, but I wasn't thinking of Malak moving 14 then winning iniative and moving another 6 when I did it. Stupid on my part, but still not a bad trade off. I killed 18 points plus denied him gambit that round while only losing a 9 point piece and getting gambit myself so i came out ahead. I then had Dash unload all 4 attacks on Malak with no cover. Hit 3 out of 4 for 60 on him. I then had Yoda move between Dash and Malak and wait. He had his Captain and remaining Elite shoot at Yoda. I LS defensed the lone hit. Third round he went first again. He had Malak go after Yoda. I had Dash Quad him again. 3 out of 4 hit again leaving him at 10hp. Yoda finished him. After that iot was just mopping up the Captain and Elite. Total 125-17 (2-0)

Round 3: Zack. He played GOWK, 2x GenoHaradan Assassins, Ug. First round we both advanced to either side of the middle area. Second round he won iniative and had one Assassin come out, shoot my Ug, then go back to cover. Then after counting things out about 6 different ways I found a lone square I could tow Yoda to that put him exactly 6 from Obi who had the other Assassin and the Ug adjacant to him. I activated Yoda and used LST3. +4 plus twin on all three of them. I hit Obi both times, He avoided both. First shot on the Assassin was a crit, the second finished him. Only needed the first to take down the Ug. I moved Dash up 12 so he'd be closer to the surviving Assassin. Next round he won iniative and took a cunning shot with the Assassin at Dash but missed. Dash moved up 6 to get a line on him without cover and Quaded him to death. I spun my Cami. He moved Obi up to attack Yoda. He hit for 20. I tried to LS Defence it, but missed the save. Yoda's style was in effect so I double twinned Obi. He made 2 of the 4 saves. Both of the other 2 he made with a reroll. Then I had R2 two Obi away from Obi. From this point every round basicly went the same way. If I had to go first I'd just spin my Cami then he'd have to use Obi. Or I'd win iniative and make him go first. Either way it went the same. He'd move Obi adjacant to Yoda and attack him once. If it hit I'd Lightsaber Defence it and miss the save (I didn't make a single one the entire game). Then Yoda would unload a double twin on him (usually hitting all 4), Dash would GMA up to a no cover double twin (usually hitting 2 or 3) on Obi then fade back. R2 would tow Yoda away from Obi. Eventually all the hits wore through his fps and he started taking damage on the missed saves instead of fprr them with Mettle. I did manage 2 crits with Yoda, but he made both initial saves on them so I didn't get a chance to use Force Defense to deny him a reroll. End result I killed Obi and won 130-18 to go 3-0.

Pulled Anakin Solo from my prize booster. Cheered up a little by getting a Jedi Battlemaster for one of my UC's since that's one of the ones I want more than just the two from my case.

Post subject: Re: 100 points DCI in Greenfield Mass (7/10/09)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:30 pm 
General
General

Good job. Just for curiosity's sake, how many rounds did it take to kill GOWK?

{11111111011][7777777777777777777777777777777
<(HHHHHQXX)=(77777777777777777777777777777777

Post subject: Re: 100 points DCI in Greenfield Mass (7/10/09)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:36 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

Partof1 wrote:
Good job. Just for curiosity's sake, how many rounds did it take to kill GOWK?

Not as many as I thought it would. With Yoda getting 4 hits in on most of the rounds the damage from at least 1 or 2 was making it through on just about every round. Plus there was essentially a countdown timer on the game since my Cami Noble was getting gambit each round. Having killed everything on his squad except Obi while not losing much myself I had a pretty good lead so even if he had kept Obi in gambit I still would have hit 150 way before him.