logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Missouri Regional Info, June 20
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:09 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

(I've been sitting on this for a week waiting for more info, but I'll just follow SD13's way of doing it; and thanks to the Madman for the idea)

Date/Time: June 20, 10 am reg. 11 am Tourney
Store Name: Meta Games Unlimited
Address: 3309 East Sunshine Springfield, MO 65804
Contact Person: Homero Flores
Phone #: (417) 881-9390
Entry Fee: $15.00
Store's Website: http://www.mguinc.com

For those visiting Springfield, Missouri for the Regional Tourney:

The event will take place at Metagames Unlimited (MGU). The store is located at the corner of Highway 65 and Sunshine in Springfield, in the same building as a Movie Gallery (video rental store). The gaming area is quite large, and the last time we did some looking, it could sustain at least 36 games simultaneously, and that was with ample space left over. The guys who run the place are very cool and helpful. The store sells everything from singles of most collectible minis games, plus cards of most popular card games, to comics and RPG materials.

On the food side, they have a snack bar with chips, candy, and drinks. Close to the store there are quite a few of the most popular fast food establishments. I am thinking we will probably take a break in between the later rounds for a lunch run, because hungry players are cranky players!

The store opens at 10 am, and I am sure I will be there before then, probably outside greeting people. We will have squad forms to fill out once registration begins. Of course, please have your DCI Number with you, a 150 pt legal map, ways to mark characters’ HPs, FPs, etc., legal dice (opposite sides must equal 21 all around), and something to check Line of Sight.

I ask for everyone to plan on a great day of gaming! This has the chance of being the largest SWM Tourney in the state’s history! I know I am excited, and hope to see many new faces and old friends here! If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask away!