logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: 60 point squads in Greenfield
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:30 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

Rules were normal DCI except squads were limited to 60 points max. Play as many games as you could in 2 1/2 hours. Losses meant nothing. Winner for the night would be the person with the most wins. I was not the ultimate winner. I ended the night at 12-1 with a couple people having more wins than me. I played Mara and Lobot for my 60 points. First game I got the 11 and brought in Lando DS and Garindan. It was meaningless though since that 11 won me iniative which I used to have Mara LA the last enemy piece. Second game I hit one early and brought in a Mistryl Shadow Guard to BG Mara. I had 2 MD I'd meant to bring in with her, but in the excitment I forgot them. The MSG was imeadietely killed, but at least it was damage that went nowhere near Mara or Lobot. I got it again that game, but it was another meaningless one near the end. After three 11's the first two games I didn't get another the remaining 11 games.

The loss I had was to a squad consisting of Stormie Han, Dash, Leia Diplomat. We danced around a bit with me managing to kill Leia and Dash, but not before I was down to 20HP on Mara. He won iniative and finished her. That player was also the eventual winner for the night with a total of 16 wins.

A couple of the other squads I faced were a Vong squad with a JH, the Officer, and 3 Warriors. His having so many activations helped in that one as Mara always had somebody she could use Cunning Attack on. One of the others that did well was Mando Boba and an Ugnaught. Somebody had Lobot, the IE Ugnaught and a pair of one of the Mando UC. First time I played him he hit the 11 on his Lobot and brought in the 30 point Dengar. Another player used the IE Luke, IE C-3PO, Han in STA. Those are all I can remember now.

Post subject: Re: 60 point squads in Greenfield
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:44 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Cool!! I totally missed this when you posted it somehow. Seems like a really neat idea to try, especially in terms of teaching people to play faster games and just have fun with it. I may have to suggest it to our group at some point. Need to come up with a witty name though. :P

Post subject: Re: 60 point squads in Greenfield
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:01 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

It was a really fun way to play. Most games were taking less than 10 minutes. My totals were a bit low since I was the lone non kid that night (us grown ups usually only make it on the DCI nights) so it was taking me almost as long to find my next opponent as it did to play him. I'd love to play that way again sometime though.