SWMGAMERS.com Forums
http://swmgamers.com/forums/

Carbondale 200 pt Constructed March 21 2009
http://swmgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=106&t=6111
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Luke_Skywalker [ Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:50 am ]
Post subject:  Carbondale 200 pt Constructed March 21 2009

Well here it was first constructed event since the release of IE.

My Squad:
Kyle Katarn, JB
Mara Jade, Jedi
Dash Rendar
General Wedge Antilles
Luke Skywalker Force Spirit
Jagged Fel
General Dodonna
Wicket
4x Ugnaught Demolitionists.

Rnd 1. Vs Matt

Matt was running VAR, and Luke's Snowspeeder with Cloud City Leia and Obi ghost to give her infinite Sense. He also had a couple of SS Rebel Commando's Presumably for Door control/Gambit runners. Really he left the snowspeeder within 8 squares of Mara, and after her attacks and Dash's attacks it fell in 2 rnds. I blocked his FP's with my ugo's so he only used it late to kill Antilles, while Dash Let the apprentice have it, and droped her also, Mara and Kyle played clean up with the Commando's.

Rnd 2 Vs DENNIS BEARD <AKA Boris the Dwarf>
Denis was running Reikan, Aurra Sing, Dodonna, couple mouse droids Akbar, Dash, Han Smuggler, couple ugos and R2-P0. Luckily for me he lead with 3-D2 and I was able to take some pot shots with mara to get rid of it. Mara had some great luck with her evades and I wound up in pretty good shape on his Echo Base outpost map. Late game I got a Nade's 40 off with Kyle for 120 net damage out of a possible 140. It killed a mouse droid, damaged Reikan and Dash Rendar, and Luckily for dennis it did not kill Dodonna. Dash then ran up to Kyle, got in his face and rolled really high including 2 critical hits for a total of 100 Damage: OUCH! But shortly after that he conceded the game when I assassinated Akbar with more pot shots from a Mobile Attacking Mara Jade.

Rnd 3 vs <one of the Owensboro Kids>
He was running a squad very similar to mine, with the exeption of instead of Dash and Mara He was running Aurra Sing and Kyp Durron. I believe he also had a Twilek Black Sun Vigo. This game was pretty close because of all of the evade saves made on both sides, Basically he traded Aurra Kyp and Kyle For Kyle and Mara. Dash, still untouched Went on a hunting run, got hit once by the Vigo, but really, after Aurra went down there just wasn't enough damage left in his squad to take on mine, especially when I had already removed most of his meat shields, and I still had my uggos to run intereference
3-0

3 people were 3-0 at the end of this tournament
Jason Alvey from Owensboro
Myself
And Mickey Smith. Mickey had Strength of Schedule on Jason and I, And Jason won the roll off. I took home as a prize, Prince Xizor.

We had a Case of prize support for each tournament, and Jim Fraser ran the events and provided pizza for the participants. A good time was had by all, and I was pleased with how the tournament's went both times.

Author:  Grand Moff Boris [ Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Carbondale 200 pt Constructed March 21 2009

Yeah Carl our game was a snooze fest. You forgot to mention that part.

You beat me because I couldn't stay awake I was so bored. :P

Author:  Luke_Skywalker [ Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Carbondale 200 pt Constructed March 21 2009

I was having fun Dennis, I realize that you were bored with the mechanics and how they were functioning, But I truly was enjoying it. I am sorry that you didn't feel the same way.

Author:  Grand Moff Boris [ Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Carbondale 200 pt Constructed March 21 2009

Luke_Skywalker wrote:
I was having fun Dennis, I realize that you were bored with the mechanics and how they were functioning, But I truly was enjoying it. I am sorry that you didn't feel the same way.



You were enjoying us sitting on opposite of the map not really doing anything? I wonder if you would have felt that way if you weren't making your evade saves.

It wasn't just our game. My squad bored me in all 3 rounds, it's just that it was a better build than what I played against those other opponents (no offense to them as they were fine opponents, but it was).

Author:  LoboStele [ Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Carbondale 200 pt Constructed March 21 2009

LOL, yeah, Evade vs. Evade can get real boring, real fast, haha.

3 people at 3-0 after 3 rounds? Wow, nice. How many total people did you guys have? Had to been over 16. Nice turn out!

Author:  Grand Moff Boris [ Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Carbondale 200 pt Constructed March 21 2009

LoboStele wrote:
LOL, yeah, Evade vs. Evade can get real boring, real fast, haha.

3 people at 3-0 after 3 rounds? Wow, nice. How many total people did you guys have? Had to been over 16. Nice turn out!


There were 20 for sealed and 22 for the 200.


We could have played a 4th round, but the store was closing and everyone was tired from the day's events.

Author:  swinefeld [ Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Carbondale 200 pt Constructed March 21 2009

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
LoboStele wrote:
LOL, yeah, Evade vs. Evade can get real boring, real fast, haha.

3 people at 3-0 after 3 rounds? Wow, nice. How many total people did you guys have? Had to been over 16. Nice turn out!


There were 20 for sealed and 22 for the 200.


We could have played a 4th round, but the store was closing and everyone was tired from the day's events.

Yeah, there were a lot of tired people by the 3rd round of the 200...

I would have liked to play you Boris, but good thing we didn't - in the 200, I had an evading turret :mrgreen: (Garm, Wedge et al)
It was a re-rolling marathon for sure :lol:

Thanks for coming up with your crew - great guys! (and thanks for the trade (MD for Ms. Vosa) :)

Author:  Grand Moff Boris [ Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Carbondale 200 pt Constructed March 21 2009

Gunslinger wrote:
Grand Moff Boris wrote:
LoboStele wrote:
LOL, yeah, Evade vs. Evade can get real boring, real fast, haha.

3 people at 3-0 after 3 rounds? Wow, nice. How many total people did you guys have? Had to been over 16. Nice turn out!


There were 20 for sealed and 22 for the 200.


We could have played a 4th round, but the store was closing and everyone was tired from the day's events.

Yeah, there were a lot of tired people by the 3rd round of the 200...

I would have liked to play you Boris, but good thing we didn't - in the 200, I had an evading turret :mrgreen: (Garm, Wedge et al)
It was a re-rolling marathon for sure :lol:

Thanks for coming up with your crew - great guys! (and thanks for the trade (MD for Ms. Vosa) :)



Yeah we enjoyed it, for the most part. Everyone that came up is planning to come back next year. I think it was a good learning experience for them too, since most of them have never played anyone except each other before.

Author:  swinefeld [ Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Carbondale 200 pt Constructed March 21 2009

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
Yeah we enjoyed it, for the most part. Everyone that came up is planning to come back next year. I think it was a good learning experience for them too, since most of them have never played anyone except each other before.


I found it (slightly) ironic how many match ups had our groups playing the same people we face every week, but I guess that is to be expected with that many players. It would be fun to have a regional "team" type of tournament sometime. Carbondale, Owensboro, SW Missouri, Paducah... something like that. 1st round teams with the best record face off for 1st and 2nd place... Don't know if anyone has done something like that before.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/