logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Carbondale, Illinois 3-16-09
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:45 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Going in we all knew that there were 2 IE Boosters in the prize Support. In addition to a bounty hunter and a clone wars. Here is the participant list.

Nathan Eigenraugh 3-0
Carl Harris 3-0
Seth Gipson 2-1
Jonathan Bryson 2-1
Mickey 2-1
Stephen Newton 2-1
Rodney Eigenraugh 1-2
Anthony Stoecker 1-2
David Stoecker 2-1 (I think)
Jordan Whelms 0-3
Jakob Baxter 0-3
Jacob Guetersloth 1-2 (I think)
Kathy Guetersloth 1-2 (again a guess)
Michael Garrison (Record unknown)

My Squad:
T3; Rex; Kybuck; JWM; Jar-Jar; Panaka; Mas; 2x ugo; wicket; R-2

Seth's:
Han Scoundrel, Luke's SS, Princess Leia, 2x Bothan Noble, R2-D2, Dodonna, 3-4x ugo, obi-spirit.

Stephen's Squad
Hansickle (Hoth); Golan; Dodonna; Troop Cart; Couple of the Repeater Rebels, couple Vangaurds, Rauntaun. VAR.

Nathan's Squad:
Obi UNleashed; Luke COTF, Yoda of Dagobah, Chargrin Commander, Han in Armor, Princess Leia, dodonna and some filler.

Round 1 v Rodney

Rodney was playing his typical door control squad with tons of rebel commando's and R2-D2. I won map roll and set up on Rancor pit to minimize his squad strength <I actually chose rancor pit to deal with players like Rodney and Jonathan Bryson who override to win lately. I really hate it but now I must be prepared for it.> Rodney also had Luke HPU Opp. Han, 1 Bothan VAR, and Princess leia of cloud city (With Obi-Force Ghost). Did I mention DOdonna.

Well I got gambit side because he wanted the security that his doors had to offer. I completely destroyed his mind by singing "Ricky Tidwell's Mama" to him during the match. That aside, I beat him by about 100 pts. I truly dont remember how I did this, but I think I sniped a little with Rex, and snuck in a really good Yobuck assault to take out a bothan noble.

Round 2 v Jon Bryson.

Jon's map was Clone Wars Train Station, He had triple override, and was planning on brining in T3 for a fourth if he won map. Luckily I won map and he went with an IG-86 Assassin. Dodonna, Akbar, Princess Leia, Han Smuggler, Luke Legacy of the Light Side, Rebel Twilek, and some other stuff. including 1 bothan Noble. This game was close, but I pulled it out solidly by about 55 points. Really, he was trying to stall me into making a mistake, because that is how people play me now, they have learned that I am not patient with stall tactics, and make the error of playing the match on their terms. But this time I contented myself to stay in Gambit.

Round 3 vs Seth.

Ok at this point there were 4 2-0's Me and Seth, Nathan and Stephen. Looking at the squads above I think we know how things turn out if the matchups are different in the final round. As it was Rex Blasted the speeder, and Yoda Finished it off. i got a lucky crit vs a Bothan. it came down to Han, Leia, and Obi-Ghost V Panaka, T3, and 2 ugos. he won init and killed panaka, but Han had 70 damage on him. I hit the shot with T3, and he failed the Evade. putting me over on points.

3-0

My Opponents Records:
Seth 2-1 (Round 3 loss to me)
Jonathan 2-1 (Round 2 loss)
Rodney (Who played Seth in round 2) 1-2 (Round1 loss to me)

Nathan won his last game against stephen.
Nathan's Opponents:
Stephen 2-1 (Loss coming in round 3)
Mickey 2-1 (Loss coming in round 2)
Jordan 0-3 (Loss coming from nathan in round 1)

According to DCI Nathan and I are tied for strength of Schedule with an Opp Win % of 55%. I called shinanigans, but Jim made us roll off anyway, I lost the roll of the dice, and instead of Kyp, I got stuck with Logray. DANGIT! Bogus, because I KNEW I had Strength of Schedule AND I totally would have destroyed that squad if there had been a round 4.

ImageImage

Post subject: Re: Carbondale, Illinois 3-16-09
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:23 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Just to clarify, I am not upset with either Nathan, or Jim (Who ran the tournament) for how things worked out. I am a little upset because I wanted to play Kyp in the next 100 pt tournament before people had the new power combinations figured out. I wanted to do a Dynamic duo of Kyp and Luke. Yes I know, It is pretty terrible, but I thought It would be fun.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:37 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Bah, that sucks. Last couple tourney reports you posted there have been more than 1 undefeated person. Sounds to me like your group needs to start planning for 4 rounds whenever you get together to play.

Are you playing full 1 hour rounds? Here in Cincy, if we're going to have to do 4 rounds, we only play 50 or 55 minutes for 200 points, 45 minutes for 150 points, and 30 minutes for 100 point games. Helps us get in those extra rounds.

Oh, and on the game against Jon, you have to choose Lobot's reinforcements BEFORE you roll for map. You reveal squads, then choose reinforcements, then do map/side roll. Not that it makes THAT much difference usually, but it's done that way on purpose to not give Lobot TOO much tailoring power.

Nice work though. I love how easily Rex can handle Luke's SS because of the Penetration 10. :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:51 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

No worries Carl, I have an extra Kyp to trade. :)

And there are the two events this weekend as well.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg