logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Bellevue, WA 3/7
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:39 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

So I decided to try out a Rebel squad for our saturday event.

--Mettlesome Skywalker--
70 Luke Skywalker and Yoda
27 Han Solo, Smuggler
27 Lobot
20 Princess Leia
17 Bothan Noble
11 Human Bodyguard
9 General Dodonna
8 Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Spirit
8 Juno Eclipse
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

Lobot:
11 Human Bodyguard
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3
(200pts. 14 activations)

http://bloomilk.com/Squads/ViewSquad.aspx?SquadID=29270

This is a variation of markIV's loda canon that I help him playtest and then devastated many tournaments. The basic changes was that his had chewis, rebel hero and r2p0 and doesn't have lobot, human BG, juno or obi spirit. I used the same reinforcements in every event. I had jedi temple for map which I also never played on.

First Game:

I got to play against a GG, DAC with 2 chameleon droids and some IG's. I lost the map roll and we played on the new muunilist map. The big thing was actually that he didn;t have san hill, so I easily out activated him. AT the end of the first round I got an early los with han to an IG through a door way and barely getting between about 3 different pillars. Bothan reactivated and hit again. Both attacks needed 12's but it gave me a strong lead. End of the second round, I moved loda at the chameleon in gambit. I failed the mines and the reroll. Then killed the droid with Loda and a bothan reactivate. Juno was in position to disrupt the the droid safely, making it easy to hit the attacks. During the 3rd round the an IG got a few shots at Loda and relfected both, taking the IG to 40 hp. Gha repaired it to 50 and then leia gave han a shot for 50 damage against it and loda+bothan finished the other cham droid. We played clean up for another round, but Loda was back to full hp from the bothan (only ever took 20 damage from the initial mines). I lost a couple of my free uggies and that was all.

1-0

Second Game:
This was against an exar, boma, 2x rampaging wampa, lando ds, swoop, uggies etc. I lost map roll and we played on train station. First round was me out activating him, killing the boma and keeping key doors shut so the swoop didn;t have any good directions to go. Second round was more positioning and I killed off a wampa. He switched the positioning for the swoop. During the 3rd round he finally got an exar swap and killed leia. Which i saw coming and figured it was a reasonable sacrifice to kill exar. I put 120 damage on exar before the end of the round. 4th round I won init, did 40 more to kun and succesfully force stunned him. This was pretty much game. Next activation killed kun and the other wampa died that round. Lando lived on to the end. Ended up losing Leia and a couple free uggies. All of my other pieces were unhurt.

2-0

Third Game:
My 3rd game was against an NR squad with mara, kyle, jain, han snug, wedge, dodonna uggies. I won map roll but took his map (ruined base). My opponent was very frustrated because he had dodonna but had about 5 more activations than he did. First 2 rounds were just positioning. At the end of the 3rd round, when he ran out of activations, I went on the offensive. I moved juno to disrupt mara, I then moved han 12, reactivated him the bothan and leia. Loda spent for speed and finished her off. (i canceled her block) THen he won init and tripled loda, taking loda to 90. I then used han and leia to put kyle down to 50 hp. My opponent's Han killed my free BG with Han. Loda and the bothan finish kyle. 4th round I took 40 on leia and cleaned up his uggies and set up for the next round. I won init the 5th round, killed jaina and then stunned Han. My opponent called it there. All I ended up losing was free peices and I had some damage on loda and leia.

3-0

Fourth Round:
My last game was against CS mace windu, depa, rex, panaka, r2, chagrian mercenary, human bg, mas, uggies etc. I won map roll and decided to play on his map (ruined base). First 2 rounds was all positioning. I didn't get gambit first round but he did (obviously with that squad). At the end of the 3rd round I killed the human BG and set up Loda went after rex/panaka/r2 who were all bunched up. I missed my leia reactivated shot at mace. 4th round I won init, and force pushed r2, panaka, and rex. But the rest of this round was pretty much me missing every han attack. By the end of the following round, han+leia+bothan+BG's were all dead and mace made all 3 stun saves. Depa was down and mace was low. It was starting to get real close, but I finally got mace dead with Loda. I canceled his block and had rerolled both attacks. Rex swapped into one of the turbolifts. I then locked the door shut. He tried to kill lobot with panaka and the chag but I blocked the path with 3 free uggies. He won init and killed an uggie with the chag. I then blew open the door and killed rex with Loda since h ad 40 hp left. My opponent called it there. I had Loda left with most of his hp, dodonna, lobot, juno and some uggies. I also force altered about 3 potential vaapad crits and depa and mace were always disrupted so the chag didn't do much.

4-0

I ended up taking a nightsister sith witch for my first place and let the rares go to the other top 7 (we had two huges opened and both had rare huges)

Post subject: Re: Bellevue, WA 3/7
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:31 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Nice job! Your first opponent should know better than to play Seps at 200 points without San Hill. That's just asking to be out-activated. It's not like it's hard to squeeze in San either.

Sounds like your NR opponent didn't know how to properly run their squad. They should have never let Mara be more than 5 squares away from Kyle, so that if anyone based her, they wouldn't be able to get the Bothan/Leia bonuses because of Disruptive. And the fact that he used Kyle, Jaina, and his own Han to go after Loda....dumb! Take out Han Smuggler first, as he's easy to kill (low HP) and can do just as much damage as Loda, lol. I hope he learned from that game. :P

I'm impressed that the Republic Mace/Depa team made it that far. I always forget how brutal CS Mace can be with either R2-Tow or Panaka swap. And Depa is a nice fit with Rex for sure to help him against those pesky Stealth pieces.

Sounds like it was fun!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:02 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

I gave the player a san hill and suggested he use it with that squad in the future. He is a great guy and has only been playing since alittle after kotor release. He is a great sport and a great guy. I am hoping to help him with strats.

Against NR I out activated him by about 5 activations. Mara was right next to kyle. But I disrupted both of them with juno, ran han 12 so he was out of kyle's disruptive and then gave him two immediate attacks with bothan and leia. Then loda ran about 10 squares, spending for movement and finished her, canceling a block. There really wasn't much he could do. After that he was in pretty bad shape. When i can use use loda, juno, leia, han and the bothan all after the other squad has finished it's turn, its fairly brutal.

Last round surprised me. But missing like 3-4 early shots with han, mace making all 3 stun saves and the squad having 110 hp of BG's all helped.

But I am done with Loda for awhile. Its a great squad but really boring to play.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:42 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

LoboStele wrote:
Nice job! Your first opponent should know better than to play Seps at 200 points without San Hill. That's just asking to be out-activated. It's not like it's hard to squeeze in San either.

I frequently play seps at 200 without San Hill. However when I do I use a lancer and Darth Sidious.

ImageImage