logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: March 7 150pt Vassal Tournament
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:18 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I borrowed a squad from Lobostele, and made an adjustment (dropped a JWM for Jarael and an Ug)

--Broken Rex--
33 Captain Rex
26 Jedi Weapon Master
23 Jarael
20 Commander Gree
16 ARC Trooper Sniper
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
8 Mas Amedda
15 Ugnaught Demolitionist x5
(150pts. 12 activations)
Map: Ruined Base

Round 1: Bye :|
Tint 1-0 (sorta, I guess...)

Round 2: vs Joruus C'Baoth
He was running Nom Bombs:
34 Nom Anor
39 Kel Dor x3
13 Czerka (ooglithed)
24 Vong Scout x4
20 Jawa Scout x2
12 Ug Demo x4
08 Wicket

His map was Train Station, but I won the roll, so I chose Ruined Base. He let me set up first, so I chose the left because it had so many low objects for his SS bombs to hide in. I gained gambit Round 1 thanks to Jarael's 16-square run. In the 2nd round, I opened the doors and sniped a Keldor which was sitting out in the open, then moved Rex away so that the door closed. Later on that round, Joruus opened the door with a Scout and shot at R2 with two twinning Keldors, but he missed twice, so R2 survived with 10 hp. We kept trading pieces with (my Gree missing twice with wide-open shots), and eventually I won a big init and killed both a Keldor and Wicket with Rex, and that about sealed the game. On Ruined Base, it's hard to keep your bombs in cover while still being able to attack, if you're on the right side. GG, Joruus! Tint 2-0.

Round 3: Empirejeff
Jeff was using his 62+55+11+3+3+3+3+3+3+3 squad (Boba BH, Vader SotJ, Ozzel, and 7 Ugs), with Christophsis as his map. He won map roll, so we played there. However, I made a really dumb mistake in letting him choose the side; he chose the right, which allowed him to run an Ug into gambit at the end of one round, gain gambit, then run it back to safety when he won init the next round (this only failed him twice all game, when I was able to win init). However, I slowly and unobtrusively advanced my pieces over the top of the map, until I opened the North-East door with R2/Rex and used Rex to snipe 2 unactivated Ugs in the room below. That crazy move likely won me the game, because it forced Jeff to come after me, since he was now out-activated for the first time in the game. He ran Vader into gambit, followed by Boba. I hit Vader for 20 (after DA) with Gree, then I based Boba with Jarael, hoping for init and a triple-paralysis on Boba. I did win the init, but then Jarael missed twice (including the fprr), and Boba made both his saves, so he put 40dmg on her and backed away. My ARC sniper shot at Boba, needing a 6...and rolled a 2. Vader killed Jarael one phase later, when she failed both her parries (including the fprr). Then I based Boba with R2/Rex, and Rex rolled a 2 and a 4, doing only 40dmg to Boba. To continue the streak, Gree also missed Boba (though that was to be expected, needing a 13, plus Evade). Boba is now at 50hp to start the last round, and Rex is at 60 (following an Uggie hit). Jeff won the init, put 40dmg on Rex, and retreated...but nobody can retreat far enough to get away from R2/Rex, and so Rex based Boba and rolled enough hits to kill him. He then paid for it at the tip of Vader's lightsaber, but I was far enough ahead on pts by this time that it no longer mattered. GG, Jeff! Next time I'll be sure to take the right side of Christophsis, even though it is slightly less defensible (as that crazy move with Rex demonstrated). Tint 3-0.

Thanks to Dean, once again, for TOing this tournament. Now I've simply GOTTA get some sleep! Daylight Savings Time...not my friend! :D

Post subject: Re: March 7 150pt Vassal Tournament
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:37 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

i got 2nd.

game1 ruhk.- i was able to beat mara and kyle. Vader lasted long enough to win the game. I won. The game went down to the last roll. Boba had to killed a uggie in cover in order to win. He hit once. Ugger missed the evade roll. THen i own the game at that moment.

game 2 that chiech guy- boba blew away a 60 hp assian. I won the game. Vader was the gambit protector.
End of game was funny, vaader blew up like a fire works, or something. kel doors and gernade
went in to the center then boom.110 hp to 0. I still won the game by like 11 points about.

game 3- yeah that los won you the game. Never saw it comming. Putting boba or vader their would have been the only defence. YOu can only hide so much. You still had are and cody to the left. GG. Crazy game, funny game, fun game. GG.

Post subject: Re: March 7 150pt Vassal Tournament
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:33 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

Ah Joruus.. made me play, but it was still fun.

I wasn't expecting to play and was asked to join at the last minute so I ran the classic NR 150
KK JBM
MJ, J
Luke Ghost
Gen Wedge
Gen Dod
Uggy x3
My map was the Transit Station cause I hadn't played it much yet.

First match was vs Jeff
Several key rolls made all the difference in this game, the first was losing map roll, so he could take Christophsis. I made the same error Tint did and let jeff set up on the right. Now I know not to do that :P
Two rounds in a row i lost init and jeff was able to outactivate me, and run the ugo in and out of gambit. I tried to have wedge cover gambit from accross the map, but he was never able to do much good as I was always outactivated.. The rest of the crew ran around the top of the map, trying to get into gambit or get those ugs. eventually I had no choice but to face the guns of the Fett man. Mara managed to snipe a single ug and I hid enough so that no return fire was able to get me. I was also able to tag Vader for 10 damage to start off. at the end of the third round I was able to move mara forward so that she was within 6 of both Boba and Vader.

I did win the init (Mara was down to 40 HP) and Fett was down to 80 (failed nade save) Since I was based by Vader I decided to go for it and assault him.. unfortunatly Mara missed an attack. and Vader lived. vader attacked mara back and finished her. However, luke was tied to Mara this time.. and that cost me 55 points, same as killing vader, which kyle did by basing and zapping. So in the end, with time running out, I was behind by 4 points and Boba still had to go. I thru and ug into gambit and tried for the win, but the one hit Boba got on it I failed the evade :(

So my mistakes were as follows:
-gave jeff side choice
-mara didn't block an attack from Vader (I thought he had twin and was waiting for the 2nd attack) :(
-mara assaulted Vader, instead of going for Boba
-left wedge behind
-uggo failed his evade

next time I won't be so out of it!

Second match was vs hman7 (or something like that :P)
It was a mirror match!
we played on his rancor and I set up on the left. With fps we both got gambit. What a way to go.. i tried to move wedge around the top to see if I could get to an uggo or two, but he never got that far. I was able to get an early 40 damage on Kyle (a zap and a mara hit). At the end of round two I said what the heck.. and moved my Mara within 6 of his Mara.. and promptly lost the init :P so I lost my mara. Kyle moved in to beat o his Mara, and wedge hit her for 10. next init i was able to kill his mara (and force ghosty) but I was already damaged (70 left on my kyle vs 100 on his) and he riposted+tripled to kill my kyle. Basically it was a match about luck and mine just wasn't with me that night!

Match 3 would have been vs Joruus, but he had to go, so I got a bye.. oh well.

Maybe next time I'll have a more original squad!

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY