3: Joruus - Rex, JWM, Jar Jar, R2, Wicket, Ugo x2
4: Shadows - Tyranus LOTDS, Aurra JH, Ugo x3
5: Dvader831 - Cade, Padme, R2, Ugo
5: MtMagus - Boba Merc Commander, Scout, Gunslinger, Ugo x2
7: Rimeeri - Mando Scout x2, GenoHaradan x2, Czerka, Ugo x2
8: Gurneywars - Mara Jedi, Jaina, Han ST, Ugo
9: Empirejeff - Bane, Ugo x6
10: Shinja - Kazdan, Luke Jedi, Obi FS, Leia Diplomat

Great turn out for the tournament guys! Playing 4 rounds was fun.

First round I faced empirejeff with the mighty Bane on his map, Throne Room. I advanced from the left and took gambit first, forcing him to engage me. Rex took out Ugos early on to give me that advantage. My Ugos did well too, taking 1 or 2 of jeff's down before they went down. I made 1 key block against Bane, and put enough damage on him that by the time my two JWMs finally were dead, Rex hadn't been touched yet, and Bane only had 20 HP left. A little R2 Tow Cable maneuvering, and easy game. Lobo 1-0

2nd round I faced Gurneywars, and this was a tough game. We played on his Coruscant map. I went ahead and took the gambit in the first round to pick off his only Ugo, but I lost the next init and Rex ate 50 damage (crit) from Mara across the board. From there it was a game of cat-and-mouse, but Rex tried his best to be the end of Jaina. Well, Rex did manage to land two crits on her, but she made BOTH deflect saves. It finally took a crit from a JWM to finish her off. At that point, I took a risky move and Tow Cabled Rex in close enough to take shots at Han, and only hit 2 out of 4. Luckily, I won the next init, and hit another 2 out of 4 shots, leaving Gurneywars with only Mara left. I lost Rex that round, but at that point it didn't matter. We were deep in his territory, and I'd had a JWM and an Ugo sitting in gambit that whole time. I retreated, and played more cat-and-mouse, forcing Mara to chase me around the gambit zone, and played enough rounds, keeping her at least 9-10 squares away, to earn enough gambit for the win. I probably could've just based her and got it over quick, but I didn't want to risk losing an init that way. Lobo 2-0

3rd round I played against Rimeeri on his Death Star map. First two rounds I got pretty lucky. He moved his Ugos early in the round, so I took a chance and locked the center door (he started on the right) with R2 and put my Rex in gambit. Then I won the next init, and made him go first, then moved Rex and R2 to safety on my turn. Round 3, me moved a GenoHaradan to gambit, and then I towed a JWM to base the GHA. I promptly rolled a crit, then another hit to kill the GHA. Then when one of his Mandos took his shots at my JWM, he only hit 2 out of 4, and I made my deflect. From there, I went into defensive mode. About round 5 or 6, he moved more agressively toward gambit, but I continued to make block/deflect saves, and he was missing attacks. Just before I was about to pounce on his Czerka, taking away half his fire power, Rimeeri decided he'd had enough for the night and conceeded. I still think it was a close game at that point, but hey, sometimes you just don't feel like going on, and there is nothing wrong with that. Lobo 3-0

Final game was the mirror match, against Jonnyb. Finally got to play on my map, Taris, lol. First round I pick off an Ugo, which gives me a slight advantage. 2nd Round, Jonny decides to be brave and go for the gusto, but he misses one of his 1st attacks on R2, and has to burn the Double to finish the Droid, meaning he couldn't hit either Rex or one of my JWMs that round. So, his Rex died quite quickly (no thanks to my Rex who rolled a 2 and a 3 trying to kill him :roll:). At that point, it kind of became a game of who could roll over 11 the most, lol. Rex needed 11's to hit his JWMs in cover. The JWMs needed 11's to hit each other. I finally eliminated everything but 1 JWM, and at that point I had Rex, a JWM, and the 2 Ugos left. We traded back and forth missing attacks or making block/deflect saves, and I finally squeezed out enough rounds to pick up enough gambit for the win. At the end though, I had 1 JWM with 10 HP, and 2 Ugos, and Jonny had his 1 JWM with 10 HP, lol. So it ended up being a REALLY close game. Just for kicks, we played another quick round, and I won the init, and then my JWM rolled a 12 for the kill, so either way I would've won the game. Was hilarious and fun game though! Lobo 4-0!

It's been almost 6 months since I got to play in one of these Vassal tournies, so I was glad I got the chance to do one again. Hopefully it wont be so long before I get to do another one! Always great playing with all of you guys. :D

Post subject: Re: Vassal Tourney Results 2-28-09
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:55 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

what i did was uncalled for. i did slow play even tho i didnt mean too. wish we could of went another round. well i had a blast my first game vs russ it was a great game. i was able to get one uggie and his czerka so i got the act leaded taking a lot of his damage out of the game. r2 with rex vs non override squads is pretty sick.

vs joruus it was a good game till i went crazy. shouldnt of won i feel dumb for what i did.

vs shadow i got his Tyranus down to 20 by turn 2. at the start of turn 3 it was my rex x2 jwm and r2 with uggies vs aurra and uggies. after tryranus went down he was just out matched

vs lobo i went at him too fast with rex. rex only killing 9 points was not worth losing for. i made some mistakes in that game

overall in my game vs joruus i gave him rex without him doing anything and the same was vs lobo i need to keep rex save better. i learned a lot in the tournament i had a blast outside of what happened.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:27 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

looks like fun guys. Did you play using skype at all?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:48 am 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

I must say, this is one of the funnest tourneys I've ever done on here! It is obvious, however, that luck plays such a bigger role in 100 pt games than any other point level.

Game 1 vs. Gurney
It was a battle of who wanted to take the risks, and by the end, Mara was based to Cade, she had 30 HP, he had 50 (I believe). I won init. I shot Mara four times, five counting the reroll . . . I only hit once, she made every single splash save, and Cade missed most of his, putting him down to 30, whereas Mara just finished him off. Awesome game, regardless. 0-1

Game 2 vs. Shadows
Well, this one wasn't as awesome. Once again, the low rolls dominated. In one instance, Tyranus moved through Aurra's square, and she was already based to Cade, so here come more splash saves. In fact, I believe, after all the rerolls, everyone took damage from splashes. Once Cade was gone, it was pointless to continue. It was another insane game. 0-2

Game 3 vs. MtMagus
Matt and I had a fun game. His Mandos had me scared w/ Accurate, so I knew R2 wouldn't last long, and it's true. Beginning of turn 3, he was gone. After that, I took some risks, and they all paid off. Cade and Boba were based w/ 10 HP each. I won that init, killed Boba, and made the splash save! FINALLY! However, I wasn't out of the fire, yet. His Gunslinger came up, and took the risks. I based the GS w/ Padme, and he opted to take the AOO's to take out Cade. Very nicely played! In the end, the GS had 20, Padme had 40, I won the init, based, and made the two kill shots! 1-2

Game 4 vs. Shinja
I had no clue how this was going to go down. He had no door control, so I figured I'd get a little leeway with that fact. I locked Leia in a room by herself and Cade took care of her. He moved around a different direction, I locked another door closed, but then get got reserves, and brought in, of all things, his MVP, the Juggernaut War Droid, who made sure Override was no longer an issue! I finally took out Kaz, which is awesome, b/c his next two init rolls would have garnered more droids! I had 99 pts, but was across the map, and was based w/ the droid and Luke. He pulled off a Sonic Stunner on Cade, and changed the tide, but, in the end, Padme killed the droid, giving me 100+ points! Amazing ending! 2-2

I had so much fun last night, and it was cool that so many other players kept popping in to say hi. Until next time, boys . . .

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:27 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Boba52 wrote:
looks like fun guys. Did you play using skype at all?

Yeah, I think some of us did. I used Skype in my games against Jeff and Jonnyb. Was definitely fun and MUCH faster to play that way. Against Gurneywars and Rimeeri, they didn't have Skype, but I just stayed on Skype with dvader831 during those games, and we kept each other up to date on how we were doing. :P I've used AIM or YIM for voice/video chatting a lot over the last 8-10 years, but Skype is honestly one of the best programs I've ever used for voice chat. It worked super well.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:43 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Yes good game.

Not last place!

1. Lobo. Good game. Took the 2 jwm out at least. The first jwm made a key block. Which made the whole lightsabor fight last longer. Which basicall wore bane out, down to 20 hp.

2. rimeeri. I lost with 97 points. So basically a close game. Allmost won. Bane took out everyone but a scout. And he still had 2 uggies, my 3 uggies that attacked could not hit.

3. Shinja. Game came down to the final int. Then i lost. Bane went in to kill luke. But luke blocked and started rolling like a mad man. Luke sure fought Bane to the bitter end. If Luke had not blocked i sure would have won that game. Luke really made up for the no reserves.

4. Bye. I won! Woot! ~DSBoom

My streak of not getting last place continues. 16 in a row.

Lobo, thanks for writting up the report. :boba:

Talking with the oppoents is really is different, it was interesting. I really really really would not want to play every game like that. Plus being in a room where a game is bing played and no talking is borring. But it still was pretty cool.

Good times.