logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Dynamic Duo at Owensboro, Ky 2/21/09
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:30 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I decided for this event I would just run something slightly goofy and completely old-school. I ended up fielding Darth Vader, JH and Bossk, BH.

Game 1 on Muunilist vs. Anakin, Champion of Nelvaan and Yoda on Kybuck.

I won map roll and this was the map I picked. I started in the control room.

Anakin threw some grips at Vader, and Vader threw some back as Yoda galloped toward Bossk. On round 3, I moved Vader between Yoda and Bossk, and got an AoO in.
Yoda killed Bossk but then promptly died.

Vader was at 100 HP when he went up against Anakin. I really had no expectation of winning the game, I was just having fun with it.
Anakin made almost every Djem So save, but missed all but 1 of his attacks. He rolled a 20 on that one, and I rolled a 20 on the block lol.
The final round Vader was at 50 I think, and Anakin was at 80. I rolled and hit, he failed Djem So, I rolled and hit he made Djem So, but missed both attacks. I rolled a hit on the third attack, and he made Djem So. He would have needed 2 crits to win, and of course he didn't get them.

1-0

Game 2 vs. Darth Vader, Unleashed and Boba Fett (RS) on Muunilist
I won map roll again and set up in the control room for a second time. Most of the game was Vader vs. Vader, and after his was dead Boba killed Bossk before going toe-to-toe with the Dark Lord of the Sith, where he promptly died.

2-0

Game 3 vs. Warmaster Lah and IG-88
After seeing this combo in action, I have decided that IG-88 is a better 37 pt. piece for this format than Aurra Sing. He is more fragile, but he has Double Attack and shoots at +15 against Uniques for a total of 40 damage (as opposed to one shot for 30 damage vs. Force users).

I won map roll a third time, and again started from the control room. Vader couldn't block, so I decided to base both of his pieces with Vader as fast as possible so I at least got Dark Armor saves. I made most of them, and Bossk was a great support piece. He used Double Claw attack against Lah as the Warmaster attempted to whittle Vader down to zero. After IG-88 died, I turned my attention to Lah, and begin trimming off the HP. The game ended with the death of Bossk and Vader at something like 40 HP.

3-0

I really expected to lose 2 of those games, but either way it was a blast.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

Post subject: Re: Dynamic Duo at Owensboro, Ky 2/21/09
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:50 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Those were interesting stories. try this dynamic duo.
--Count Brood--
51 Count Dooku of Serenno
49 Maris Brood

I tore up so many dynamic duo's with this.