logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Cincinnati, OH, ACME, 150 Pts DCI 1/15/09
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:38 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Crap! I just realized that I never posted a tourney report from last week, lol.

I'm not even sure if I can remember all the details now, hahaha.

I decided to try out a Republic squad this time around, and went with a modified version of the old Broken Boba.

My squad was:

Rex
JWM x2
Jarael
R2-Astromech
Lobot
Ugo x2

Chosen map was the Train Station, and I played on this map for every round.

First game was against Matt, running a NR squad with Wedge, Mara, Talon Karrde, Dodonna, KDBH, GA Scout, Czerka, Lobot, and some filler. He brought Garindan and Wicket for his reinforcements, and I went with T3-M4 and an Ugo. Triple Override was absolutely awesome, and hilariously funny throughout this match. I utilized the fact that he had no Accurate shot to force him to Target Jarael and her Evade for most of the game. His Evade was irritating, but luckily, enough of his pieces were 20 HP or less that with Rex's Twin, I was able to pick things off, even with a couple of Evade saves here and there. A big clincher for me was taking out the Czerka with Rex (failed Evade). As time was winding down, I knew I'd have to move in, as Wedge's Evade CE was just going to ruin me. So, towards the end of a round, I moved up enough to set up for the next round. I won init, Assaulted Wedge with a JWM and hit both Attacks, and then unloaded with Rex. It took all 4 shots (I think I missed 1 as well), but I was lucky enough that Wedge failed the necessary saves and was out of the game. From there, I managed to start picking off more and more pieces, and came out on top. Lobo 1-0

Second game was against Charlie, who I realize is getting better and better. He likes playing the Droids, so this week he had GGDAC, and 3 IG-86's, with a bunch of Battle Droids rounding out the squad. The luckiest part for me in this match was the fact that he had no door control whatsoever. I could have been really cheap/brutal to him, but I hate being 'that guy'. The three IG-86 droids worried me a bit, but as he didn't have San Hill, I managed to make sure he either couldn't get LOS, or was forced to shoot pieces that hadn't activated yet. Jarael was a beast in this game, and Evaded an insane amount of damage (she ended the game with 10 HP I think). Charlie used his BDs quite well, and those took out R2 on their own in one round. He also used the BDs very well to protect his IG-86's from Rex's attacks, and I really started wishing I had some Accurate shot on the squad. What won the game for me in the end was just picking off his activations, and keeping him from getting key shots on my low HP pieces. Lobo 2-0

Third round was against James, who was playing Mandos with Fett MC, a Scout, a Quartermaster, Lobot, and a ton of activations. I went with Czerka and 2 Ugos for my reinforcements. I thought I'd have a good shot at this game, and I really would have, except I lost every initiative, and I set up pieces in a dumb way at the end of Round 1, and when I lost init, Boba managed to pick off BOTH Lobot and R2 with Cunning. So that put me in a huge hole. I managed at one point to move Rex so I could get a perfectly clear shot on the Scout, and took him out, but at that point, it was too little, too late. If we'd had one or two more rounds, I would've been in good shape, as I was closing in on Boba, but our game went pretty slowly, unfortunately, so I ended up losing when time was called. Lobo 2-1

Final game was against StriderRe80, who was running GGDAC, San, 2 IG-86's, a Chameleon, BDO, a couple BDs, and a couple Ugos. I made an error on first round set-up and he managed to pull off shots on BOTH my JWMs with his IG-86's, I only made one Deflect save, so at the beginning of Round 2, I had one JWM with 30 HP and one with 60. Not where I wanted to be. I had brought the Czerka and 2 Ugos again for reinforcements, so the Jolt with Rex was huge the rest of the game. Honestly, I don't remember everything of how I ended up winning this game. It was a lot of careful positioning and decent rolling. I managed to snag gambit several times, giving me a nice lead that way, and I killed the Chameleon before it did too much damage (I believe I made all of my Mines saves, which was nice). I took out one of his two Ugos pretty early on, so that was a key as well, which gave me a small advantage on the one side of the map. He also made a couple of small movement errors (well, more like just didn't plan ahead far enough), and when it came down to the last round, he couldn't get enough doors open, or kill my fodder standing in the way, in order to shoot at anything worth enough points to give him the lead. Was a VERY well played game. Lobo 3-1

We pulled 3 (3!!) Very Rares for our prize support that night, which was incredible. I ended up coming in 2nd, and got an Ahsoka Tano, which I later traded for a Lucien from KOTOR. So, only need 3 more for that set now. :)

Post subject: Re: Cincinnati, OH, ACME, 150 Pts DCI 1/15/09
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:26 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

You forgot about the part were you ran your weapons master next to my IG86 and use lighsaber assult to attack and missed 1 attack leaving him with 20 hp. I activated the IG and blasted away the weapon master. Made your evade saves with Jarel wich did not help my situation and you hid the other weapon master behind her so I could not get another shot on him. I belive it was Jarel who killed my 1 IG droid and the other one was on the other side behind the other train and I could not get the doors open that I needed to Kill the other weapon master

It was a really great match and went back and forth. And my Chamelon could not flipping hit Jarel worth nothing since my rolls were sucking with him

Edit: Oh yea and R2 was taken out by a battle droid

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.

Post subject: Re: Cincinnati, OH, ACME, 150 Pts DCI 1/15/09
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:40 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Ooh, that's right. You rolled a 1 with an IG-86 at one point didn't you? Yeah, that missed attack with the JWM really gave you a fighting chance. Course, needing 10's or better to hit any of your pieces the whole game really hurt. My dice were fairly hot that night overall. In fact, I don't think Jarael ever died in any of my games, lol.