Mas
Doombot
T3
Ugos x2
Nobles x2
Map: Train

First Round Matt Faul

Matt is a Veteran Hero Clix player and excellent tactician in that format
He has been playing off and on with us very sporadically over the last few months
He ran a simple NR “Evade, B**ch” Squad with Wedge and Wolf and some filler NR troopers

I’m sure he simply did not have the figs to round out a better squad; I was able to easily get my Ani in position to strafe his grunts, separate the big boys with overide and by round 3 had whittled down Wolf and Wedge to 20-30 Hp each
Obi mopped up with assault
1-0

Second Round Jedispyder
Chris has been kicking my ass steadily over the last 3-4 months! He has been increasing his play skills tremendously while I’ve been suffering.
He ran a good Mara Cannon type “Evade, B**ch” with Wedge, Garm and Dondona doing their thing to screw me. Reinforcements: the Rauntaun and an Elite Commando (Who Ion gunned the Doombot round 2)
Between taking lumps and finding out I was actually Under utilizing the Strafe ability…
(great teaching moment from Chris to me )
I managed to take out Mara and pull ahead in points by swapping Ani and Obi enough to get in valuable attacks
Not at all easily with him out activating me nearly 3-1 and being able to deny me good strafe runs

2-0

Third Round Teebeaye
Eric is not exactly a minis player… he got in to minis because of the RPG. He is getting better though. He also left his squad at home and only had his 200 point squad form last week with him.
However
He did managed to put together a reasonable “Evade, B**ch” squad with Wedge, Jango, BH & Han, GH and a fair amount of filler.

By the end of round 2 he had succeeded in using his Ugos to effectively blow open just the right combo of doors so He could easily get plenty of shots on me.
I had to switch tactics quickly or he would have blown my whole squad away with 4 shots!
Sadly for him I’m not sure he saw it and opted for the Missiles shot instead :shock: which I managed to make half the saves on and use Obi to heal up and move on. (Forgetting Hans’ Disruptive! :shock: )
I pressed the attack and finished off his fodder and shortened his activations and locked out his big guns until the final round and we actually fought solidly for another 2 rounds. Poor Ani only having a 7 attack :oops:
With Ani down to 10 hp, I healed again and strafed and swapped, assulted with Obi and finished off Han and Jango with T3’s flame thrower

3-0

Post subject: Re: Cincinnati, OH YQ 150 1/18/09
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:00 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

Excellent report, Madman! I'm friends enough with jedispyder to not like to see him lose, but what a great time it seems you all had!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:04 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

LOL
Chris is a great player and a true asset of the COMmunity to have here in Cincinnati

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:42 am 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

Definitely some good games. My dice severely sucked when I went against you, lol. Against Matt and Eric they rocked (got off 3 crits with Mara against Eric and 2 against Matt, none against Madman)...

And thanks for the compliments ^_^ Both of you guys are definitely great players, Madman definitely gives me a run for my money each time we play :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:43 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

I just want to say how much I love that swap squad. It does more than anyone gives it credit for.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:04 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

yeah,
there were a few issues that require a bit of attention
spacing the Strafe Run for maximum damage
keeping swap fodder alive; I chose Nobles to try and thwart my opponents shots rather than Bespin guards( against Jedispyder I probably should have)
disruptive/Ani's low attack

I had a god time using it- it's been a long time since I've been able to make a squad "Work" for me...