logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: My report on the candycane wars
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:52 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Although I did not do as wel as Ray I had a decent performance for my 6th ranked tournament. I ran a clone squad with commander gree, two star corp troopers, general obiwan, clone trooper on speeder, arc trooper sniper, a clone trooper, fixer, and echanni hand maiden. I played on the crystal map from the cw starter for two matches and then opponents choice of map on the third match

The first matchup was against a vader and storm trooper squad. The vader did not grant anything to the storm troopers so the troopers were nothing to be feared. I had fun picking off storm troopers with each of my characters for a few rounds then I was able to get my clone trooper on speeder into position. When he made his run I took out 7 troopers in my strafing run and damaged the trooper on eweb. He didn't last beyond the strafing run but he did his job. After that I had control of gambit and the game.

The second match I played against the squad ray defeated in his third match. I did not have any effective answers for his squad and got my team picked off one by one as I tried to make a dent in his squad.

The third match I went against a vong squad on a map with wide long hallways. My clone on speedr liked the idea of this. The fun really started in this match when my opponent opened one door allowing fixer to open the other required door to get access to the vong who were being given spit poison. The strafing run I executed took out all but the spit poison bos on the first pass and then another strafing run and then attack took out the boss. After that I had to take out a guy with 200 hp and that was fairly easy using the rest of my team and making strafing runs back and forth across him.

Ending record 2-1

Over all it was a fun experience participating in a themed tournament. I would definitely do it again. The best part was that I had picked up a commander cody on some of my trade credit for 6 dollars. But because I got 4 for my tournament results it was like getting a Christmas gift for only 2 dollars in trade credit!