logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Cincinnati, OH: YottaQuest 100 pts DCI 12/28/08
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:09 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

We had a 100 point tournament at YottaQuest this past Sunday. Unfortunately, only 5 people showed up, but we still had fun.

I decided to try out the Cade/Padme combo that people have been tossing around.

So, my squad was:

Cade Skywalker
Padme Amidala, Senator
R2-Astromech
Ugo Demo x2

Chosen map was New Muunilist, and I played on that map from the control room side on the first two games.

First match is against TheMadman. He's running a Republic squad with Rex, Mas, a BBSV, 2 Sevs, a Gran, and an Ugo. His Mobile and Stealth was really annoying for me, and he managed to pull off a hairline on shot on R2 in the 3rd round to kill him. I advanced Cade far enough to take out one of his Sevs, and Padme used her Mobile to snipe an Ugo. So, at that point I was up 20 - 12. He missed a couple of key shots with his Sevs, but he also made both Evade saves with the BBSV when Cade try to kill him (Evades would become a theme of the day...) In the final round his options for winning were pretty slim, but I got to activate Cade before he activated Rex, and moved 6, made both shots stick, and then I ran Padme her full 12 to give Cade 2 more shots and he finished off Rex. At that point, even if Madman had killed Padme (he would've needed a crit with his Sev to do it) I still would've been ahead on points. Lobo 1-0

Second round, against Eric. He's one of the newer guys, put he just pulled Jango BH on Saturday when he bought a BH booster to get the free A&E booster. So, he was playing Jango BH, T1 Bulk Loader Droid, Czerka and Jawa Scout. I lost map roll, but made him set up first. I then gave myself a nice first round shot if I won init, which I did. Eric had set up poorly, so Cade unloaded 4 shots into the T1, hitting Jango and the Jawa with Splash as well. Only 3 of Cade's attacks hit, and he made most his Splash saves, but it was enough. By the 2nd round, the T1 was dead. He advanced the rest of the squad through the top rooms, and got a nice Double/Jolt attack off on Cade, using Sniper, in the 3rd or 4th round. Luckily for me, with a FP for a re-roll, I managed to make both Jolt saves. That put Cade in bad shape, and I had to play semi-cheesy and use R2's Override to protect Cade at the beginning of the next round. I won the init anyways though, and Cade finished off Jango without too much trouble. Lobo 2-0

Final match was against jedispyder. He was running a motley squad of Boba BH, Wookiee Elite Warrior, Rakghoul, and an Ugo. We played on his Mos Eisley map, and I started on the cantina side, in the top left corner. First round was basic advancement. Since I out-activated him, he declined to show his face at all, not letting me get shots on anything, so I just used R2's Tow Cable to secure first round gambit. 2nd round was all positioning, and he once again kept me from getting any easy shots. 3rd round was the killer though. He won the init, which kept me from picking off his only door control. His Ugo blew one of the middle room doors, and his WEW rushed in to base Cade and R2, and killed R2. I used Padme to put 20 on the Wook, and used her CE on Cade to finish it off. Boba put 40 on Padme, and the Ugos forced his Rahk to move more than 6. I went ahead and rushed Cade to base Boba, hoping for the init. Well, I lost the init, Boba put 40 on Cade, then flew away, and his Rahkghoul killed one of my Ugos to spawn a new Rahk, and then moved 6 to base Cade. This is where it got screwy because Cade was now based by jedispyder's Rahk and his Ugo, but the 2nd Rahk, and my other Ugo were adjacent to jedispyder's 1st Rahk and the Ugo. So if I attacked anything with Cade without moving first, every piece in the little cluster was going to take splash damage. I made the mistake of attacking with Ugo first, and not hitting anything, and then using Padme to attack the new Rahk. She only hit once, and then with her CE, Cade attacked Rahk #1, killing both Ugos with Splash. Rahk #2 made one of the Splash saves and was left with 10 HP. That's where I made the mistake, because now Cade was still unactivated, and Rak #2 moved up to Triple me. Luckily, I don't think any of them hit. Cade then finished it off, and moved to chase down Boba. Now it's down to just Boba vs. my Cade (can't remember HP) and 30 HP Padme. Boba still has full HP. Of course, once again, I lose init, Boba attacks, and then runs into the small room on the side of the main center room. I continue to lose inits, but what's worse, is that Boba proceeds to make an ungodly number of Evade saves over the next few rounds. At one point, we had counted 10 saves in a row. I was taking the Double/Twins where possible, trying to whittle him down without killing myself with Splash. Eventually, the insane run of Evade saves made the difference, and Boba finally finished off Cade. Boba had 30 HP left at that point, and Padme couldn't finish the job. I think overall, jedispyder made like 13 out of 15 evade saves. Any 2 of those had been fails I would've won, lol. Lobo 2-1

Was fun, and I got a Gungan Shieldbearer from the prize support box. I had already got a Storm Commando from my free A&E booster earlier in the day, and I knew I'd played the games as best as I could, so it was a fun day. Just hanging out with the crew is always enjoyable. :D

Post subject: Re: Cincinnati, OH: YottaQuest 100 pts DCI 12/28/08
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:33 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

Don't forget that your Gungan Shieldbearer came with some Mando card ;)

Definitely a good tourney, had a lot of fun...