logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Carbondale 12/15 08
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:00 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

200 pts this week (Yay) 4 entrants (Boo)

My Squad http://www.swmgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5439

Round 1 Vs. David
David was playing Cade, Shado Vao and General Wedge and Garm bel Iblis. However he only had one ugo. I sniped it early for total door control on my Cloud City map.
I separated Shado from Cade, David and I noticed that when positioned Correctly Shaak Ti looks as if she is about to remove Shado Vao's particulars from their proper place.... And in Fact she does have the advantage when you are winning all of the initiative.

Round 2 Vs. Jonathan Bryson

Most of you Know Jonathan from the Gen-con Judging role at the league table. Jonathan was Playing a couple of sevs, some spotters a BBSV Qui-Gon Jinn, Jedi Master and General Obi-Wan Kenobi. He had 2 ugo's on Crystosis, Which I sniped in round 2. I did not bring My MTB in this game because I did not feel that I knew the map well enough to hide my activations. I went with T3, Whom I sacrificed early for 60 damage from a Flamethrower (Including a dead ugo) The lobot over-ride then became invaluable in separating his forces, unfortunately I forgot to Combine fire with Boba fett and missed 4 shots by 1 on Either Obi-Wan or Qui-gon. Eventually Boba Fett Did wear down the opposition and Once the general was downed the rest of the squad was considerably softer to take out.

My prize for all of this- A Geligrub.

ImageImage

Post subject: Re: Carbondale 12/15 08
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:49 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Well being as I am gaining more than 1 grub at this point fool, I certainly plan to start some serious planning on how to use those Beefy things. Considering Rex and Aayla's Grubby little slugs.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:17 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Nice! Although, remember, Cloud City isn't a DCI legal map for 200 points. Doesn't sound like either person was running Huges though.

I was surprised at the effectiveness of the Gelagrub a month or so ago. One of our guys who ususally goes 1-3 at best, but often 0-4, actually went 2-2 one night running a clone squad with a Gelagrub and Queen Amidala. So, he wasn't even using the Double or GMA options, and the Gela still did quite well. The +10 for 30 is quite decent. Toss in Gree or GOWK and you can see how it adds up fast.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:42 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

LoboStele wrote:
Nice! Although, remember, Cloud City isn't a DCI legal map for 200 points. Doesn't sound like either person was running Huges though.

Shame on you Carl, I may not know better, but you should. :lol:
REMATCH!!
And yeah, only 1 ugo. I cringed when I saw your squad.
I'll get you one of these days... ~DSBoom
~D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:45 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Honestly, It slipped my mind. Sorry Dave. 200 is the only format that it is not legal in.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:07 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Only kidding, Carl. 8) It was just a mistake, which happened to change the means and scenery surrounding my destruction, but probably not the outcome. My squad was not well matched against yours.
~D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:07 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Actually Cade had me scared. I know what a Cannon he is, and with Mettle and Evade, there was no really good way for me to take him out of the picture. On a map without doors, you stand a much better chance.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:02 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Luke_Skywalker wrote:
Actually Cade had me scared. I know what a Cannon he is, and with Mettle and Evade, there was no really good way for me to take him out of the picture. On a map without doors, you stand a much better chance.

Yeah, Garm, Wedge and LFS give Cade some good support. If it wasn't for the MTB guaranteeing cunning attacks, I would've gladly put the Rauntaun in harms way to open that middle door to get off a few shots. But one missed evade and he dies.

Although less capable, Wolf instead of Shado would have got me 3 more uggies, and his Surprise Move could have forced more decisions on where Lobot's override needed to be used. Ah, hindsight...I've already thought of a couple more squad variants besides that. Better get 'em in the mini manager while the ideas are fresh :idea: