logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: ACME 150 points, 11/13/08
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:41 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

This week we played straight up 150 points. Since I like my San Hill squads at 150 points ( ;) ) I figured I would try out the new Droid options for the Separatists. So my squad was this:

57 General Grievous, Droid Army Commander
26 Chameleon Droid
34 IG-86 Assassin Droid x2
10 San Hill
9 Battle Droid Officer
8 Battle Droid x2
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2
(150pts. 10 activations)

I chose the new Muunilist map from the Clone Wars battle pack because we wanted to test out the new map. All three games I played on that map (either won map choice, or opponent chose my map anyways) and had to start from the conference room side (right side).

First game was against StriderRe80 and he was running Yobuck, Ani on STAP, Obi-Wan JM, R2 Astromech, Mas, and an Ugo. He approached through the top rooms, using an R2 Tow and then advancing Yoda up along the upper edge. He didn't check his lanes too carefully though, and I opened up a couple doors, and promptly put 120 damage on Yoda with my 2 IG-86 Droids. Lucky for him he won initiative and ran Yoda back for some much needed healing from Obi-Wan and some repositioning. Round 3 he moved up R2 and Towed Anakin, then went for the Strafe, hitting Grievous once, and scoring two hits on one of my IG-86 Droids. He followed that up with the massive 26 square Galloping Attack from Yoda, but unfortunately, he only managed to hit Grievous, and the damage IG-86, who had already activated at this point. My Chameleon, who had been freely collecting gambit, came down and finished off Yoda, and Grievous and the other IG-86 finished off Anakin. From there, it was easy clean-up. Lobo 1-0

Second game against Matt, who was running a new Sith/Mando squad. He had Ulic, Holo-Sidious, Mando Scout, Mando Gunslinger, Lobot, Czerka, with Wicket and 4 Ugs for Reinforcements. He advanced along the top again, but came slowly, taking advantage of Sidious' CE for at least the first 2 rounds. However, I put my Chameleon in Gambit on the first round (thank you Wall Climber!) and so I went ahead in points for a couple rounds. He managed to finally pick off one of my Battle Droids, and I got Wicket and one or two of his free Ugs, but it was mostly a stalemate. Finally, he knew I had the advantage, so he moved in with Ulic. I promptly put plenty of damage on him with the IG-86's, but Grievous only landed 1 out of 3 attacks, and Ulic blocked that one. Time was called with Ulic nearly dead (might've been able to kill him if I won init), but I was ahead 15-11. If somehow Matt had been ahead by a few points, I had an opportunity to kill his Mando Scout for the go-ahead points, but since time was up, and I was already ahead, I figured I would go for the glory and see if I could finish off Ulic since it didn't matter. Lobo 2-0

Final round I face James (as happens often). He is still playing his KOTOR era Mandos. He likes the playstyle, and said he also hadn't had much time to look at his Clone Wars stuff yet. He has Boba Fett Merc Commander, 2 Mando Scouts, Mando Quartermaster, Lobot, with a Czerka and 2 Ugs as reinforcements. He advances through the lower rooms this time, causing me to change up my gameplay from previous games a little bit. I put the Chameleon out in gambit on the first round, and he hides, not wanting to face the wrath of my IG-86 Droids. Second round, he moved an Ugo to open a door, keeping the Ugo perfectly safe. But what he didn't take time to check was whether it left Lobot safe, which it did not. So my Chameleon easily dispatched him, giving me a good-sized lead. Knowing he would have to be pretty bold, he rushed Boba out to gambit at the end of the round. However, at this point he was rattled from losing Lobot, and he forgot I still had both my IG-86's to activate. With Opportunist, then needed a 4 or higher to hit Boba...so, down went Boba at the end of round 2. From there it was mostly cleaning up. Lobo 3-0 for the night.

For prize support, I got ANOTHER Anakin CON...sigh. We only pulled him and Gree in our prize support, and no good UCs that I need extras of. Trading away Rares from this set is going to be annoying, I think.

Anyway, I've decided that the Chameleon is absolutely AWESOME for competitive gaming where gambit is a hot commodity. The ability to just sit there, effectively sticking your tonque out at your enemy, is irreplaceable. This squad performed extremely well, and I only lost 1 IG-86 droid, a couple Battle Droids, and a couple Ugos in all 3 games. The Chameleon never even got touched. No one ever based him, though Matt started that way with Ulic before Greivous and the IG's intercepted him. This squad, or some variant (as there are lots of similar options), is definitely a contender for 150 point Tier 1, IMO.

Post subject: Re: ACME 150 points, 11/13/08
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:13 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

LoboStele wrote:
promptly put 150 damage on Yoda with my 2 IG-86 Droids. Lucky for him he won initiative and ran Yoda back

Very nice. This statement is completely absurd for both players. One that you can so easily put out that much damage with the high attack values and the other that Yoda was able to take it and gallop away. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:09 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Whoops, that should've been 120 damage actually. I'll go back and edit it. Still, it's a lot of damage. :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:11 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

I like the squad build lobo. Great job at your tourney. :saber:

http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee