logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Re: Lamar, Missouri CW Sealed Tourney Results!!!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:38 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

Well, apparently we were both making posts at the same time, so I'll post here and delete the other thread!

Well, at the very last minute, I packed up my minis, grabbed Matt (HK-47), and headed to play in a release tourney with Dean. We decided to run 150 like most other places, and it went well at that level. We had 12 players altogether, and it was a lot of fun.

My squad
Anakin on STAP
Odd Ball (yeah, I got to pull off his CE, ha ha)
Aqualish Warrior
Utapaun Warrior
Trando Scavenger
Wookie Scoundrel
Battle Droid
Heavy SBD
Neimoidian Warrior
IG-100 Magnadroid

I figured Muunilist would be the best map choice. Round one was against, well, wouldn't you know it, Dean Miller! He had a great squad, led into the fray by Durge, JH and Barriss! His problem in this game were the absolute most horrible dice rolls ever! I won this game by a very small margin, but it was a win.

Round two was against Zack. He had Padme and Aayla, and I was feeling especially mean, so I told him I was going to destroy him. I didn't lie! The best parts of this game was the fact that Anakin used Grenades 20 at one point, and it paid off, and then for Gen. Secura to be down to 30 HP, and I pulled off a Bloodthirsty kill!!!

Round three was the scariest for me, against Chase's good friend Jeremy, running Yoda on Kybuck and Anakin, CON. Well, thanks to some very nice rolls, and a crit or two on Yoda, I pulled this one off, too.

Final game was against Gene. He had Cpt Rex and Gha Nackht, but I did one silly placement and lost Anakin at the beginning of the third round. It didn't matter, though, b/c the other pieces all did what they should do, and took care of things after Commander Skywalker left the battlefield!

So, I went 4-0 in the regular rounds, but then we cut to a final four for playoffs. I'll make this short and sweet. First opponent was Jeremy again, and the game went just about the same. My fav. part of this one was simple.
M M lM
M Y M
M M

The M's are all my pieces, with one behind a wall, and the Y is Yoda. Yeah, if he wanted to start his next Galloping Attack, it would have cost him 7 AoO's! Poor Yoda . . .

Final Game, replay against Dean. His rolls were better, strategy on both of our parts was great, and the final score was 106-111, his favor this time! I held my own, and I'm proud of that! My prize for second place will be 3 packs of the set, but the LGS owner didn't get much product, so, once he gets more product, he will mail my prizes to me. I know for a fact he's good to his word.

Once again a wonderful day to spend playing with the Miller Family and all of the great guys over there!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:55 am 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

Congrats to everyone who were able to attend and have a great time. Wish I hadn't had to work. :(

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:38 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Sounds like you guys had a great time! That combination of Durge and Barriss is brutal! I'm impressed that Ray was able to do as well as he did with AniSTAP and Oddball. One of our guys at YottaQuest yesterday had AniStap and the Chameleon Droid and he got destroyed all day long. And we had 3 Accurate shooters (ARC and 2 Nemoidians) on top of that!