logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Cincy Tourney Results: 200pts Rebellion Era Theme 10/23/08
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:42 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

With all the spoilers hitting the boards on Clone Wars this week, I am a little behind posting these results. ACME ran a 200pts Rebellion Era Theme tounrament this past Thursday. The squads were to be either Rebels or Imperials. We also allowed a Fringe squad that had to include Black Sun as part of it. These were faction pure squads with the exception of Ugnaughts.

My squad for the evening:

Vader's Apprentice, Redeemed 48
Han Solo, Scoundrel 46
Luke Skywalker, LotLS 39
Princess Leia, Cloud City 14
Bothan Noble 17
General Dodonna 9
R2-D2 8
Juno Eclipse 8
Owi-Wan, Spirit 8
Ugnaught 3

10 activations, 200pts Ruined Base for Map

My first opponent was Kyle. I won map and Kyle choose the interior side of the base to set-up. He was running an Imperial squad of 5 Heavy Troopers, a Storm Commando, Imperial Security Officer with Veers, Ozzel, Piett, Felucian Officer and 4 Imperial Officers providing support. I saw real quickly that he had overcommitted the commanders on his squad, so I adjusted my play to simply taking out his troopers. My accurate shooters easily took out a couple of the Heavy Stormtroopers and on Round 3, Vader's Apprenctice pushed the Security Officer into obilivion. After that is was just a matter of mopping up the commanders who posed no real threat to the trio of Han, Luke and Starkiller. Lackey: 1-0

Second round I faced Trace who was running a tough 30 DEF Trooper Squad. I won map again and he choose the interior side of the base. He choose to run this squad with Thrawn, but not with Veers or Ozzel instead adding additional Stormtroopers, Elite Troopers (both Storm and Snow) as well as a couple Scout Troopers. With Dodonna on my side, I had just enough acitivation control to tie Trace with all of the activations he had and I was a little concerned hitting the troopers since both Han and Luke at best were +13. Han at least had Mettle if I kept him within 4 of Obi-Wan. My strategy was to try to get Trace to move his Troopers into the open and then pick them off. He had no door control which eventually kill him and he forgot that Juno was Distruptive, so when he based the Apprentice with Vader at the big T-junction, I moved Juno up behind him and took out number of commander effects. This proved to be the pivital point. I won back to back initiatives which allowed me to take out Vader though I sacrificed Luke in the process to protect Juno and take out Piett. With both Piett and Vader out of the way, I did not have too hard of a time mopping up the remaining troopers. Lackey: 2-0

Last Round was against Doug who was playing a Han Cannon Squad with Luke's Landspeeder, Princess Leia, Shaak Ti and two Bothans providing the main support. I won map and Doug choose the interior side of the base. Doug raced Shaak Ti up in the opening rounds which allowed me to get a couple shots on her quickly. He was forced to retreat her back before the Apprentice could push her into a critical state. He kept the Landspeeder back into the large room so it could mobile in and out of cover from its attacks with Princess proving it her CE. He kept Han off to the side near the lift tubes (but not inside them). Doug had two ugnaughts on his squad, so I decided to pick them off as soon as the opportunity presented itself. I was locking the door at the junction every other round, which did cause Doug to move his Ungaughts into place to blow the door and bring Shaak Ti out of hiding for what would be a big initiative. Thank the Maker I ended winning that initiative. I do not recall the exact order of the events, but I managed to take out Shaak Ti, push the Landspeeder and killed both Ugnaughts before shutting the door (which left my Leia trapped and quickly killed on the other side). Doug managed to kill Luke which put him up on points, so I concentrated on the Landspeeder and with a good placement of Juno, managed to take out the Landspeeder and seal the victory for me. Lackey: 3-0

We had only 8 people that evening and of the 8, only 2 were running Imperial squads, 1 ran a Black Sun squad with a few Bounty Hunters mixed in and the rest were Rebels. I was surprised to see that no one ran a Super Stealth squad with both sides able to do so. For prizes we pulled both Atton and Carth as well as Han, Smuggler. I think Doug needed Atton, so I took Carth instead for the 1st place win. It was another good time at ACME!

Post subject: Re: Cincy Tourney Results: 200pts Rebellion Era Theme 10/23/08
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:58 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Cool! Glad you guys still had a good night! I had a pretty funny Fringe squad I had considered running. Probably would've fallen back on the Rebel squad, but my idea had something to do with Cade, a Desert Skiff, Deliah Blue (for IR30!) and the Muun Tactics Broker, lol. I figured at least Trace, if not a couple others would be running the crazy high-Def stormies, so the Cade Splash 10 sounded like fun, lol. I probably would've got trashed by several of the other builds though. :P

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:50 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

LoboStele wrote:
Cool! Glad you guys still had a good night! I had a pretty funny Fringe squad I had considered running. Probably would've fallen back on the Rebel squad, but my idea had something to do with Cade, a Desert Skiff, Deliah Blue (for IR30!) and the Muun Tactics Broker, lol. I figured at least Trace, if not a couple others would be running the crazy high-Def stormies, so the Cade Splash 10 sounded like fun, lol. I probably would've got trashed by several of the other builds though. :P

doesn't sound very rebellion era.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:24 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Hahaha, I know. Was probably why I wouldn't have ended up playing it. But it met the requirements we had set up for the builds (was all Fringe and had some Black Sun characters in it). The people in our group like to do the fun builds, but are still pretty competitive about it. If we get too nit-picky over 'theme' builds it gets frustrating. So, we just try to set some broad ideas. As you can tell, most people tend to follow the general idea though, since it sounds like only 1 of 8 played a Fringe squad at all.