logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Cincy Tourney Results: Jedi vs. Sith @ ACME! 10/17
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:29 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Whew....busy busy week for me. Just now getting around to posting up a report from last week. We did a 200 point challenge last week, where every piece on your squad had to have a Force Rating (hence, called it 'Jedi vs. Sith'). We also allowed the Luke/Obi Force Spirits to be used, as well as Yoda of Dagobah's Light Tutor to give someone like Han Smuggler or Wedge, etc. a Force Rating.

Unfortunately, we only had 7 people show up. It was a really fun build and I wish more had been able to make it. So, I guess we'll have to look at doing this one again at some point.

My squad was:

Shaak Ti JM
Yoda of Dagobah
Han Scoundrel
Kreia
Princess Leia
Obi-Wan FG

My map of choice was the new Taris map....just because I like it, lol.

First match up against Matt, and we play on my map. I get the sewer side of the map. His squad, as best as I can remember it was Vader Scourge, a Sith Witch, two Imperial Knights, a Dark Side Marauder, Aurra Sing, and Juhani. The game went pretty blandly to begin with, and I left Han exposed a bit here and there trying to get off as many shots with him as I could, since I knew only Aurra could shoot back, and I had a shot to Evade that. I managed to put some damage on Aurra and kill an Imperial Knight that way. By then, everyone had closed in together, and the melee began. However, it was short lived for Matt. He decided to attack Kreia with Vader instead of Shaak Ti, knowing that I'd likely block those anyway. But he rolled a 1, and I promptly used Force Defense on his re-roll, so....Betrayal! Han easily cleaned-up Juhani once he got a clear shot on her, and then one of Matt's Imperial Knights also rolled a 1 on Kreia, lol. At that point, it was just a matter of running down Aurra, and game over. Was still semi-close, so the 1 with Vader was definitely a huge swing in the game. Lobo 1-0

Second game was against Brian, StriderRe80, and we played on his Throne Room map. His squad was Vader JH, VAU, Emperor Palpatine, and Aurra Sing. He decided to come up the main hallway in the first round, rather than go through the Throne area, and that cost him the game. I ran my Han and Leia as far as they could go in the first round, and then I won the 2nd init, and ran Han out the full 6 squares, followed by Leia, and landed all 4 shots on Palpatine to take the Force Battery out of the game. VAU ended up only getting 1 Lightning off the whole game, and that ended up being the only damage he put on Shaak Ti. Vader chewed through Han quite easily when Brian won the 3rd init, but by that point it was too late. Kreia put some damage on Vader before she finally went down, and Shaak Ti easily cleaned up VAU. Being able to use Leia on Shaak Ti for the bonus attacks was definitely nice. Yoda played a large role in this game as well with his Stuns. Lobo 2-0

Final game was against Josh, and we played on my Taris map again, with me on the sewer side. He was running Shaak Ti JM, VAR, Yoda of Dagobah, Luke LOTLS, and Han on Tauntaun. That hurt me a lot in the first round, as I set up kind of dumb, and realized that I wouldn't be able to get all my pieces out of the middle doorway because Josh would just use Force Push 4 on whoever I put up against the door. So, I took some more round-about positioning on the first round. Didn't matter too much though, as he was playing the turtle game, and trying to rack up FPs for Push anyways. I used Han/Leia to pester him a little, but finally lost Han to Force Push by the 3 round because I stupidly moved Yoda, who I'd been using a shield, too early in the round. Everything worked out OK in the end, as Kreia, Shaak Ti, and Leia combined to finish off Josh's Shaak Ti, backed up by my Yoda to cancel any block rolls. He still got one or two more good hits with VAU, and Han managed to finish off Leia, which hurt. Luckily, I was able to close in on his VAR and Yoda, and he couldn't roll well enough for VAR to actually hit my Shaak Ti. So, without the FPs for Push, it was game over. Was still REALLY close, as my Shaak Ti only had like 10 or 20 HP at the end, and Kreia was down to like 40 or so.

This was a LOT of fun. Strangely enough, out of the 7 people, there 5 Rebel squads, and 2 Imperial ones. Not sure why that happened that way. Nobody ended up playing Sith or Republic which I was surprised to see. I think that will change after Clone Wars comes out, so it will be fun to re-play this down the road (funny enough Holo-Sid wouldn't be usable for the Sith because he doesn't have a Force Rating himself! :lol:).