logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: 150 points DCI in Greenfield Mass (10/17/08)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:22 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

I went 3-0 to come in second behind the other 3-0 player. I figured it didn't matter since I wanted the three Sith Maurader promos instead of the free booster. Once he saw them he changed his mind and took them instead so I had to choose between the booster or 2 promos. I now have an extra promo available to trade. Looking for one of whatever promos they had for Sept/Aug.

I was too busy to build a squad this week and since one of my random pieces to try out was Luke's SS and I've played my own Han Cannon style squad a few times I ended up playing Bill's Speedy Cannon for the 150 point tourny. Figured I'd give it a go before the iniative rule changes. My map choice was the BoH one which I played on for all three games. All three games we both set up directly behind the bunker. I won iniative the first turn on all three games and made the same starting turn of moving R2 up to open the bunker door on my side than Overriding the other door open followed by Leia shooting at something then giving Han a twin cunning on his best target option. Second turn of each round was Leia shooting and giving Han a twin followed by R2 Overiding the far door closed. That plus the SS was pretty brutal for all three opposing squads.

Opponent one played Kun and 4 Raks. My heavy shooting twin attacks sliced through the 4 Raks like nothing. Kun tried going around the outside of the bunker. He made it to that little corner where he could get gambit. After he moved there I moved the SS up to twin him for 40. I moved Han over to take a twin shot, but without cunning that didn't do much. Leia moved up and took a shot then gave Luke a twin since Han wouldn't have cunning and Kun didn't get cover from the SS shots. 50 more on him. That round ended and he got 5 points for Gambit (his only points of the game) and moved Kun next to the SS and used LA to hit it for 40. On the previous turn when I'd left it where he could get close enough to use LA even though I could have moved out of range because I needed it in a spot where all 4 of its shots that turn would have been without cover. After that I let loose and finished Kun off.

Opponent two was a new player who played Obi on Boga and a bunch of fringe pieces. After my initial R2/Leia activation he started by using 2 of his fringe pieces to try and kill R2. One hit and one miss so R2 lived and the doors stayed open. My second pair of activations started with Han's twin Cunning finishing the Boga off. SS was left to use its twin on a 10HP grunt. Rest of the game was mopping up the fringe pieces.

Last opponent played an all fringe squad of Cade/Zan/Sly Moore/Rakghoul. Thisn went really badly for him as my fist cunning shot from han was a crit on Cade. Han and Leia pretty much took him out of the game before he even had a chance to use Heal 40 once to try and live a little longer. SS put 40 on Zan then finished her off in round 2 leaving Sly nothing except the Rak to Dominate. Han Leia took out Sly. He moved the Rak up on the outside of the Bunker. Next round I started by moving the SS adjacant and twinned it to death. Didn't matter anyway since the SS blocked the Rak from moving past it to my living characters and if it attacked the SS DR10 was going to negate anything excpt 10 damage from a crit. That ended the night.

My big disapointment was not playing the other 3-0 player. He's one of the other good older players (DCI ranking I'm 6th and he's 7th in the state). I didn't see his exact squad but it was all cloaked pieces except for some version of Boba. He knows enough to keep Boba hidden andf the cloaked pieces would have only been vulnerable to the SS's massive mobleing.