logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: sat 150 tourney
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:41 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

i got 3rd

chiech- i won this game. But kyle is one lukky dude. i had two droids blowing the wawater and all ground around him, but he kept ducking and evadding.

billy- close game. it be closer if we had 2 more min. my jedi had a long hard battle with all these thing running at us. han was ablle to surrive the time limit,and take home the win. it owuld hav been really really close in the next round.

jmc- i won by 9 points. i had a noble locked in and targetted, but the shot was a dud. Qui gon cleaned house with a lot of his army, then became one with the force. I was able to keep the rest of the army at bay, and a voided any real conflict. i busted out a droid at the begginning of the game, and it blew up one thing and glazed the big bad looking jedi with a gun.

All in all i was able to roll out like 6 destroyer droids, to blow stuff up.

Post subject: Re: sat 150 tourney
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:56 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

I won this one, but it was a completely unsatisfactory win to be sure.

I was running Jarael the Ithorian Beast 150pt version with Luke Jedi.

First round - Bye

Second round - only real game against Jeff. The dice were against me early on with Jarael never pulling of an activation (double rerolls and force spirit on Kaz) and going 0/6 on parry saves. But Luke made up for it with Djem so which kept the game close. Kaz hit reserves twice and rolled out 2 DDs which I killed (but they always scored points before they died as well, AAs and Ugos mostly. That 60pts proved key as I ended the game with my Han at 50 I think, Yoda at like 30 and Kaz at 10 with no fps left. Very tough game, those DDs came out at just the right time for Jeff which really hurt.

Third round, played Joruus for the win and after 2 rounds of careful positioning of our troops, he announced he had to drop. So I win, but we did save the game to play out for fun later - and I will post the results once we get the chance to do so. In general this looks like a decent matchup for me, because of Dodonna letting me hit first (potencially), but his Elite Wookiees have a bigger range than my AAs (Charging with MR2), hence its a positioning battle at the moment.

So I go 3-0 and win, but only play one game which I barely won -- lame I know.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:14 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

I took 4th I think, since I lost to JC, who lost to Bill, and Jeff lost to bill as well :P Bill was 3-0 ish I guess... the rest of us took 2-1.

I played my WooF squad for some fun, and to avoid the dangers of evade/parry/SS and disruptive. My wookfs preformed pretty darn well. I made some silly mistakes with my Czerka in two of my games, but i was abel to keep her alive in the last one.

Game 1 vs darthraven

Luke, Jedi
Jareal
Han STA
Lando, HoT
Czerka
Human Scoundrel
Uggo
Dod

I thought I had this one, but it ended up being a hard match for me. The map was Muunlist and bottlenecks kept me from getting my wooks close enought to the action. I opened a door to my Czerka, in hopes that I could bait Jareal into basing, but he ran Han a distance and sniped her, leaving my in a rough spot. But the wooks are tough and I was able to claw back into the game. Our rounds also took a pretty long time, so we kept everyone waiting while we finished up. In the end it came down to my last WFF needing a 5 to kill Jareal, which he pulled off.

Game 2 vs Joruus

WEW x5
Gree
Jar Jar
R2 Astro
Uggy x4

This ended up being a very frustrating game for me. JC and I really enjoy playing against each other, mostly cause I think he's a great player.. and he thinks I am too.. or something. Even though his wooks were more deadly than mine in all regards.. I felt I had the advantage with my activation advantage, more attacks and more wooks :P. I was abe to win the second round init and used a WFF to smash his R2 and then lock the door. unfortunately, this let him move in with Gree and hit my czerka! my positioning left her exposed, bad move on my part. in the end , my Wooks single 30 damage attack couldn't handle his WEWs.. plus I missed a lot of key rolls, like to take out 10 hp WEW... One by one my wooks fell, and that was all she wrote. Given the chance to replay, I think so long as I didn't make the same mistakes i could pull off a win

Game 3 vs pitchstar

Cade
Mara Jade, Jedi
Luke FS (w/ mara)
Gen Wegde
ugo x2
camaasi

played on my map fianlly and this end up being a bad match up for his squad. I was able to outactivate him and by round 2 was ready to strike. I won the next init, and brought down the pain of twin-ing WFFs. 3/4 attacks on Mara hit of course.. and she lived to see another day. I did of course, forget about Wedge's Accurate and nearly lost the Czerka, but Wedge rolled one off, so I got lucky. Cade and mara did manage to kill off 3/7 of the Wooks, but the last ones tromped Cade. A good game, and pitchstar played it out like a champ.

Running the Wooks was a blast, didn't get to play Bill or one of the Kyle/Mara/Wedge builds, so maybe I'll have to give them another shot :) The only hang up is when the Wooks wuff on a kill, and you're left with no wooks, since they just crash since there def is only 14 :P

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:23 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I took 5th place in this tournament.

My squad:
Kyle JBM
Luke FS (for Kyle each game)
Aurra Sing
Kel Dor BH
General Wedge
General Dodonna
Ugnaught Demolitionist

Map: Ruined Base

I started out with a Kyle/Jaina/HanSmuggler build with Wedge, but I decided to switch it up a bit, even though I knew it would involve losing some competitiveness from my squad. It was a decent enough squad too, with Kyle having mobile grips/zaps/grenades and unlimited force points. Mobile-attacking Aurra Sing is handy too.

Round 1: Joruus
His WEW squad was deadly, especially with JarJar being a pain in the neck! I've never played against JarJar before, and now I can see why everyone says he's a meta piece. In the end of the first round, Aurra Sing had a shot lined up on his Gree, but she failed her Draw Fire save, so she had to target JarJar (in hindsight I should've fprr'ed this one), who made his save and forced her to target Kyle. What does she roll? Yep, a 20. :boba: But I figure, "No problem, Kyle has Evade and Mettle, so it'll be fine, right?" Nope. I missed the original evade, then roll a 4 on the Mettle reroll...50dmg to Kyle to start the game. :roll: JarJar was a continual problem for me, making me grenade myself (I barely made that save with mettle, or it would be another 40dmg). So my dice were not friendly to me this game. However, it wasn't all one-sided, because Joruus' WEWs needed 7s to hit Kyle and they must've missed at least 5 times. But Joruus had some crits, which turned the tide...after he killed Aurra with a crit and still had several wookiees left, I conceded. Man, those WEWs are effective! And great with Gree and JarJar. GG, Joruus!

Round 2: Pitcherstar
He had Cade and Mara, both evading because of Wedge...that's some heavy damage output! The only thing it lacked was a strong accurate shooter (Wedge's 10dmg doesn't do much to my KelDor BH in gambit). But I out-activated him, and that made a big difference. I was able to snipe both his ugs near the beginning (both failed their evades) and even put some damage on Cade. However, he won an important init, so Mara assaulted Kyle, doing 90dmg. Then Cade moved and twinned on Kyle (who was based by Mara, of course), with a hit and a crit...but Kyle evade both! And then Mara made both her splash saves! So not a single character was damaged from Cade's attack, which was very unusual....I had Mara down to 20hp by the end of the round. THE game-deciding init followed, and I won it...had I lost it, Mara would've finished Kyle and then been healed by Cade, which would've lost me the game (on points)...but since I won it, I was able to kill Mara and hide Kyle for the win. GG, Pitcherstar!

Round 3: DarthRaven
Han ST is always hard to play against, and so is the Czerka, so this made for a good and challenging match. I had Han in the Disruptive zone already in the 2nd round, and he was disrupted for most of the game. Kyle grenaded Luke and Jarael who were holding hands, and Jarael must've been so distracted by Luke's whiny farmboy charm that she missed her save and her reroll! :D That 40dmg to Jarael made a big difference later. Luke and Kyle had some fun, doing the triple/block/djem-so/riposte/djem-so fun...but with Luke needing 14s to hit Kyle, it didn't work out so well for Luke. Darth Raven made very effective use of Han's Furious Assault, killing both Dodonna and my Ug, as well as shooting at Kyle a few times throughout the game. Jarael hit Kyle, who then riposted 20dmg, and she failed her parry. Now she's down to 10hp, and I know how dangerous she can be if she wins init when based to Kyle, so I base her with my KelDor BH (+16, need 3s) to cancel her evade, and I rolled a 1. :shock: Oh boy, here's a big init: but I won it, and the KelDor didn't miss this time, so with Jarael dead the KelDor moved to base Lando HoT, who was by now within range and also beside his Dodonna. Then Kyle walked past Luke (who still couldn't hit!) and grenaded Lando and Dodonna, both of whom made their saves; my KelDor failed and exploded, though (the Kyle/KelDor combo is great!) and that brought Lando down to 20hp. All game, Aurra had been having a frustrating time, with Luke deflecting her shots and Jarael evading them...eventually she learned her lesson and decided to shoot a 20hp Lando HoT, who had no way of avoiding any damage. Unlike my KelDor, she came through in the clutch. Those 23pts gave me the win. GG, DarthRaven!

All in all, a very enjoyable tournament. Much respect to my 3 worthy opponents. :saber:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:55 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Hey, it's not totally related to this tourney but I noticed that Joruus played his 2nd place squad against me the other night.

I played:
Yoda
Anakin JK
Agen Kolar
Jar Jar
Scorch
Ugo

And the game was plenty competetive. My only current piece was coincidentally in his squad as well.

So file this in the "CS era Jedi are not competetive file" for future use. ;)