logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: 150 Pt DCI @ ACME, Cincinnati, OH 10/9/08
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:22 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

150 Points DCI! First time we've done this since KOTOR released. We've been seing more Mando Scouts than I care to at my venue recently, and having faced something similar at GenCon, I thought I'd update it for the KOTOR era.

So, my squad was as follows:

Thrawn
Mas
Piett
Ozzel
Veers Hologram
Czerka Scientist
Raxus Prime Trooper x4
Stormtrooper x2
Scout Trooper
Ugo Demo x2

Map choice was Death Star (which I knew was also popular with the guys who run the Mandos, lol). Strategy for the squad should be fairly obvious. The Czerka is the only KOTOR piece in the squad, but makes a BIG difference giving my 7 Troopers Twin Attack, along with granting Twin to Thrawn, Ozzel, and Piett when it worked out.

First game against Brandon. We face off on my map, and he starts in the Hangar area. His Squad:

Han Scoundrel
Boba BH
Princess Leia
Dodonna
Ugo
Luke, Jedi

Very first round, he makes a bit of a slight positioning error, and leaves me with an LOS on Han. Takes me three sets of Twin Attacks with Opportunist, but Han dies in the first round. 2nd round, I lose a trooper, but put about 70-80 total damage on Fett. Here's where he started making most of his Evade saves, but it didn't really matter much by then. He tried using his Ugo, Leia, and Dodonna to screen Fett and make me shoot them instead a couple times, which I gladly obliged, just to take them out. The game was certainly getting close towards the end, and I had a couple of key missed rolls in the 2nd to last round. With my won initiative though, a Stormtrooper based against Fett, without Opportunist, and Fett has 30 HP left. The Czerka is close enough for Twin, so first roll...a 20! Second roll was a hit as well and Fett went down. At that point, I would've only had 1 RPT left, so it was close. Lobo 1-0

Second game against Kyle. We played on his map Muunilist, and I defered setup (to get the 'reaction' bonus), and ended up in the room. His squad:

Kota
Genoharadan x2
Jarael
Mas
T3-M4

This was a quick one. First round, I pull off a Fire Support Mission on both the GHAs and Kota. He fails the save on one of the GHAs. 2nd round, i try for FSM on the GHA again, but he saves. So I did a move/swap for the Twin/Opportunist, and manage to roll the 11 or higher twice to finish it off. At that point he rushed me, but it was no use by then. I dropped Kota to only 10 HP by the end of the round, and he forgot about Thrawn's Ysalimiri, and was hoping I would lose init, or at least not kill him off, so it wouldn't have matter anyways. Winning Init, I combine Fire using Thrawn to finish off Kota, and then it was just a matter of finishing off Jarael. Without Kota's +3 bonus, I hit her more consistently, and with enough shots, it doesn't matter if you have Evade or not. Lobo 2-0

3rd round, I got paired down, and had to face Joshua who has 1-1. He was running a BD squad with Tyranus LOTDS. Needless to say it was a quick game. I FSM'd a group of 5-6 pieces in the first round, then hit most of those again the 2nd round. Dooku died quite easily due to the overwhelming Twin/Opportunist shots. Lobo 3-0

Final round, against Josh on my map. His squad:

General Wedge
Kyle JBM
Aurra
Dodonna
Talon
Ugo

He made the fatal error, IMO, of forgetting that Kyle had Force Grip, especially since I had set up poorly with Thrawn well away from my Troopers. Luckily for me, I got him off-pace pretty quick in the first round. End of the 1st round I pulled off a FSM on his Ugo and Talon - auto-kill on the Ug, and he rolls a 3 for Talon. So, I go up 27-0 right off the bat. From there, he advanced Kyle trying to go after my commanders, but without any door control, I let the main hangar door stay closed, and fought from the edges, working to keep out of Aurra's LOS. Kyle's Disruptive played some havok with me later in the game, but even with the commander effects, I just based him and went for the huge amount of Twin Attacks. Actually, Aurra had closed in too, and I took her down first, using Thrawn to keep her from using Sweep. At that point, the Trooper finished off Kyle. He only got a few regular attacks off, and only one Grenades 40, which I made both saves for. By the end of the game, Josh was pretty frustrated, but I was impressed my squad did as well as it did. Lobo 4-0

There were several NR squads with Wedge last night, probably 3-4 of them. Only one Mando squad, and it ended up having a TON of trouble against those NR builds. No other ones that pop into my mind as being ones that really stood out. Panaka saw some action and proved that he is certainly good for more than just his swapping, as the Bodyguard and Opportunist made a HUGE difference at the end of the one game I caught.

I won a Darth Sion from the prize support, which was awesome since he was a piece I needed, and I nabbed one of the new Sith Marauder Promos. I was quite happy. :D