logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Carbondale, September 14
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:59 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

First tournement for me since the release of the new set (Aside from Sealed) I really didn't have much of the set so I used some older pieces. Went with:
Czerka Scientist
Thrawn
Mas
Nyna
2x Storm commando
Noghri Commando
Wicket
2x Gran raiders

First Game was against Rodney:
He was playing republic and had Captain Tarples and Panaka, as well as some Gungan Artillerists. We played on the Death Star and I started in the hanger. I basically hung out in Gambit all day, and waited for him to try to come and make me move.
Finally I got antsy and positioned for some shots on his guys. once I had the points lead he had to be a little more aggressive, and he walked right into a Noghri Slice and dice session.

Second Game Was against Seth:
Seth is a very good player, but was running with captain panaka, Mas Ameda and General windu, he was using a Camassi Noble and a Geoharden Assassin as swap and Gambit Material.

In round 1 I moved a gran raider into the gambit zone on Mullunist, He moved the Geoharden and the Camassi to within 12 of the gran. I positioned Nyna for Los, and used thrawn to swap the noghri, and moved the noghri to base the Geo. Won init and killed Geo placing a gran into it's spot. He eventually killled Wicket making him my highest scoring opponent at a total score of 12-17, not sure if he got Gambit or not.

Round 3: Vs. David

David was playing the new Mando's with a Triple/Twin Canderous Ordo. Nasty stuff, unless he can't Target you. Unfortunately I had no Accurate shot and couldn't Shoot him either because of his one Mandalorian Scout sitting between me and his army playing the role of the Closest enemy. I finally risked it and killed the darn thing with a swap kill early in a round, and then proceeded to Shoot him till I couldn't shoot no more.... I did 90 to Canderous with one of my SC's Then after his turn I swapped and unloaded with the other one.

First place: Me Kreia.... It was a fun night really and I was able to demonstrate the point of the need for the new initiative ruling. There were no tempo control squads in this tournament, and the toughest squad other than mine was probably Jim Fraser's
3x Mandalorian Scouts
1x Mandalorian Captain
1x Mandalorian Quarter Master
2x Mandalorian Maurauders
1x Camassi Noble
2x Ugo

Or something along those lines. Jim was taking Auto losses but playing out the matches, I think he played two people who wound up in the top 3. he beat them both pretty solid.

Anyhow that is my tournament report, next week...200 should be interesting.

ImageImage

Post subject: Re: Carbondale, September 14
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:29 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Nice work, cool to see SAK making the transition into the post-KOTOR meta.

Just an FYI though....Cloaked on the Mando Scouts means they don't count as the nearest target. The card doesn't say it, but the Glossary definition clarifies it.

Post subject: Re: Carbondale, September 14
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:10 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Really, now that does make for some interesting changes.

ImageImage