Gen Dod
Juno
Wicket
Mon Cal TS
Lobot
Uggy

Reinforcements: Uggo x4, Gran x2
Map: Chancellor’s SS

Lost map roll, set up on left. My reinforcements were MTB/4 uggs I’m severely out activated, 15 to 21, and my count will drop quick, so I’ve got to move fast to engage and take down his damage dealers. First round saw me crowding near the centre door of the vehicle bay and the corridor to the gambit zone. I got one ug into the gambit where he’d be safe for a round. Chabs moved his bulk to the bottom of the throne room..

Near the end of the second round I overrode the second centre door and fp mara to move and be able to tag Wicket. The chance paid off and there was no more wicket. It was important, because Han’s disruptive doesn’t do squat against the SA’s of wicket, the verpin and the czerka.

Unfortunately things didn’t quite go as planned. I lost Mara when he moved Juno into disruptive range and unloaded with the Scoundrels. Combine Fire was the end of me. Mara kills wicket and that’s all..Han responds next init and kills the two Human Scoundrels, but in the end, time runs out and I can’t make up the points. Chabs managed to score two rounds of init and that’s what got him the game. Great Game man.

Match 2

Jedispyder/Chris

Luke Skywalker and Yoda
Han Solo, Smuggler
Zayne Carrick
GenoHaradan Assassin
Lando, DS
Princess Leia
General Dodonna
Juno Eclipse
Ugnaught Demolitionist

Map: Jedi Temple

I won map! So we played on Ravaged base. JS took left and set up in the top corner. I fp moved Mara to get first round gambit. And that forced the engagement right in the middle of the map, where I wanted it.

In the second round I was able to use Han to get a nice LOS on Princess Leia, and he proved his worth by taking her out. But this lef the door open and Han took some damage back. Luckily Smuggler rolled a 1 and han didn’t get too badly dinged. Loda ran in and based Han, hitting him once. Next round I was able to do 120 damage to Loda with Mara and Han, hurray for failed saves! Han dies to Loda, but I’m able to lock the door and separate the rest of the squad from him.

Next init sees the end of Loda, though a saved reflect makes me use 2 activations to kill him. Zayne makes it into the mix and kills an ugo. Wedge misses Zayne and that would prove to keep him alive for the rest of the round. Time was called and though Dodonna hit his Zayne and his Dod hit my Syn! A good game, so far its been a rough night for JS.

Match 3

The Contortionist/jonnyb

Mas
Panaka
R2, Astro
Caamasi Noble
Shaak Ti JM
Aurra
Boba Merc
Gran
x3 Uggies

Map: Jedi Temple

I lost map roll and set up on the right, after jonny set up on the left, in the upper corner. I set up all across the board. MTB and Dod were at the bottom, fighters took centre and uggs took the top. First round I was just moving things into cover and safety. I got gambit and used lobot to lock the closer of the two doors for safety.

Second round was more positioning. He ran an ug and R2 up to the centre door and chose to blow his door side open. Well after he was finished activating I use Mara to kill the uggo and hide. Han ran forward into a position to take out R2. Next init I popped R2 and ran back to my side. Locking the door with Lobot. Jonny chose to concede there. It was getting late and I a pretty strong advantage, controlling the centre and I had a solid point lead.

So I went 2-1 and got 3rd. Not too bad. Still frusterated about the loss to Chabs.. It was a tough game, and I’m not sure if moving Mara in was the right move or not. Great fun, and I’ll see you guys all next time!

1. Chabelo, JH (Rebels) {see above}
2. Empirejeff (Vong) {Lah and JHs}
3. Ruhk (New Republic) {see above :)}
4. Ray(Repblic) {Panaka + JWM w/ Deadeye & Mighty Swing}
5. Jonnyb(Republic) {see above}
6. Jedispyder(Rebels) {see above}

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

Post subject: Re: 200 pt DCI Vassal Tourney, Sat 09/14/08
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:51 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

:cry:

I smurfed up so bad...

Post subject: Re: 200 pt DCI Vassal Tourney, Sat 09/14/08
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:51 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

2nd place.

Post subject: Re: 200 pt Vassal Tourney, Sat 09/14/08
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:30 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Well this was my squad "Oportunist Dogs" :jango:

Gehoaradan asassinX2 42
Czerka scientist 13
Dodona 9
Juno Eclipse 8
Leia Cloud 14
RTOTT 13
wicket 8
Lando Hero of Tanab 23
Verpine Tech 12
Human ScoundrelX2 24
Lobot 27
Mon Calamari Tech 4
Ughie 3

Basicly consist on outactivate the oponent with Dod and Varpine, cause all the squad benefits from twin by (Czerka) and Jolt (Verpine) and was really useful that night, but have to admit that the one that made me won was the "Crazy Sexy Blonde" Juno (And dont hate her Ruhk, just love her :lol: )

And map was Chancellors Starship, but could notice that this squad works better on ravaged base (Noticed when played against RAY) or maybe Rancors (Need to play there), cause my squad benefits from Mobile and theres not a lot of places to hide so can fully blast the oponent.

First Match, Ruhk with New Rep.

Han GH
Mara Jedi
Wedge
Lobot
Syn
Keldor Bh
Dodona
Ughie DemX2

His Reinforcements: MTB, ughs.
Mine: 4 Ughies and 2 grans.

Map: Chancellors Starship

Ruhk decided to go left so we started moving to the center, he had MTB and I had more activations so we both had advantage.

The game was quick, we made quick good positioning moves, but cause we both had Dodona, it turned a little slow.

The first att came on turn 2 when Ruhk went and kill Wicket with Mara, but forgot Juno so the Blonde disruptived her and she was fully blasted by my scoundrels and Lando.

Next turn Ruhk killed my 60 dmg guys with Han and there wasnt other atts from him cause his guys where far away from taking a shoot so I tried to blast him and took like 40 or 50 dmg with Han (Bad luck on Evades :( ) and placed Wedge in front to save him so Wedge took dmg but then Dean came and finished the game.

Was really a close game, if we continued both hade chances to win so we made the mistake for not saving it XD , but well, a really great match pal :lsfight: :D

1-0

Second Match, Jeff with his crazy crab Monkeys :D (Yuzang)

Warmaster
Juzang JHX5 or 6
Flaming Kotor Droid
Ughnaught DemX6

Again in my map.

This time I decided to use MTB and ughs.

As Ruhk, Jeff went left. I had inits and activations in my side but Jeff Monkeys had a lot of HP so gonna be hard to beat him.

He started to move on the corridor so I stayed back on the center with my shooters and moved mtb and 2 ughs so when he came, they can get Gambit, and the game started and I killed all of his pig shields ughs and got a lucky shoot and jolted Warmaster, so he started to move and placed wicket to trap the JH and killed like 4 of them and injured the other 2, so I get like 100 points so gonna be difficult for him to reach that.

Juno helped me again cause his JH lost momentum, but he killed her and had a really great flaming shoot so he killed a lot of my pieces :(

Dean came and game ended but like Ruhks game, was really interesting and nobody what could happened if we continued playing :D

Another great game bro.

2-0

Third and last match, RAY and his Swapping JWMs.

Panaka
Rodian Huntmaster
Wequay Leader
Mass
JWMX3 or 4
Boba Enforcer
R2 Astro
Ughies

Map: Ravaged Base.

Like Jeff game, used MTB and ughs.

I decided to right and started moving up to the room where gambit is, he moved up so he swap boba into the room up mine and thought he had a shoot on like 5 of my minis, but thanks good no LOS, so he stayed there.

I positioned my Assasins and opened door with Lobot so I could shoot Boba on the next turn trying to Jolt him.

Next turn I positioned Wicket and twined Boba, missing one shoot, but RAY had really bad luck and took dmg and jolt, so that gave me a good advantage.

Then he Towed a WM and attacked my assasin, but again Lady Luck helped me and he only hit one heavy 40 dmg hit.

Next I took a shoot with one of my scoundrels and made a mistake by trying to deflect the first so I combined with my Taun-Taun on the twin and dealt 50 dmg.

Then he tried to Swap that Jedi but he didnt notice my Heavenly Blonde and that way I killed r2 and the Jedi.

He moved a JWM to the Room with Boba and I placed Juno so disrupted his JWMs and Boba.

Next Turn again tried to shoot Boba and the WM and again Boba got hit and Jolted so he stayed there and the master took dmg but no jolted, so he killed Juno, but left the WM in LOS of Calrisian so Blasted him with one of his att/twin and the second shoot was against the Huntmaster with a Crit and also got jolted, so RAY decided to end the game.

So ended 3-0 and got the first place in a really great and fun tournament as all I played in Vassal, and made feel really happie cause is my 3rd tourney in Vassal, but the most important thing is that we are a great comunity and of course cant wait to play the next.

Thanks to Judge Dean for organice all tourneys and to all of Vassal players and friends cause we all give life to this great game.

:boba: CYA AROUND DUDES

Post subject: Re: 200 pt Vassal Tourney, Sat 09/14/08
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:49 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Warmaster got jolted.

i guess the time limit is not so bad.