logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Captain vs Bureaucrat
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:41 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

When/If you're playing a Mandalorian Squad, how do you decide between the Mando Captain and the Czerka Scientist.

Both proved Twin to the necessary individuals. However the Czerka gives Jolt to the 20 Damagers. On the other hand the Mando Captain has significantly greater def/att/HP

Personally I prefer the Mando Captain, simply because he'll stick around longer and is able to help out in the firefight.

your thoughts?

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

Post subject: Re: Captain vs Bureaucrat
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:03 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

I used the Scientist in the last tourney I played simply because of jolt for Boba Merc Com. It comes in very handy especially when using the scouts. Hit one from Boba and activate and then the opportunist comes in!
It's also a great way to go through Loda's force points. You hit, he deflects, rolls his save, and rolls another save for Jolt. With two attacks that's four saves with only one chance of a reroll (already spent FP twice to deflect). At least one of those saves should fail :D ! Then you nail him with the Scouts Double twin x however many you have and you can go through 10-15 force points in a round with all the deflecting and such.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:41 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

I'll put my money on the scientist, an extra 10 points for activations (bodyguard perhaps) and its just awesome to see the scientist actually hit something if shes the last one standing, almost as good as an uggy slapping bane ^^

U = 51/60
COTF = 57/60
BH = 59/60
AE = 47/60
FU = 56/60
LOTF = 58/60
KOTOR = 54/60
CW 37/40

He will give you a warriors death!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:43 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

I've been pondering this myself lately, and I'm just not sure what tactics to use to keep the scientist alive. With the standard Mando Scout squad the scouts don't provide her cover, and i'm pretty sure a caamasi noble wouldn't revent her from being targeted either, do you just hide her behind Boba or what?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:53 am 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

I also like the Captain for the presence of Grenades. Direct damage can be extremely important when going against any swarm squad or SuperTroopers.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:19 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

yeah, also a prefer the scerka, cause no one mentioned this before but Captain is a C.E and can be disrupted, scerka no, that gives in the case of the scouts, a great advantage cause now there are more squads that use disruptive, and its not too dificult to keep the scerka alive, like the bg, move her in the map with caution and remember one thing again of the scouts, mobile att, so just try to use her and one more thing that I like her and the most important, is the perfect bait, cause a lot of players worry about her and then make mistakes that one can take as an advantage :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:41 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

Agreed, disrutp is huge right now and if you play smart and are able to keep her hid, there is no way around her ability cept to kill off everything to get to her.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:03 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Raylinthegreat wrote:
Agreed, disrutp is huge right now and if you play smart and are able to keep her hid, there is no way around her ability cept to kill off everything to get to her.

Except that she must be 6 away from the character using her, and that puts her close to the action. And she falls to a stiff breeze...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:05 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Scientist all the way. Scouts can even back up with greater mobile to get into range of the scientist, shoot, and then move forward back into gambit/cover. But the biggest part is making boba even more bad ass. He can potentially accurate shoot 2 different figs and jolt both. Help makes the squad scary early in the round and late in the round.

The more I see Boba, MC, Scouts, czerka, etc...the more i think mandos may be in the top 8...unless imperial entanglements screws cloaked.