logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: KOTOR Release Tournament, Lansing MI August 29th, 2008
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:48 am 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

First off, I would like to thank TroyKuzma421 for posting a note on SWMGAMERS about this tournament. I would never have known about it otherwise. I had a great time.

So I thought I would post my notes on the tournament here, and let people add to them.

Basic Studies: 397/540 [RS:51/60, CS:41/60, SITH:47/60, UNV:46/60, COTF:54/60, BH:51/60, AE:51/60, FU:51/60, LF:51/60]
Advanced: 47/102 [ATAT:1/1, ENDOR:4/4, R&I:5/24, SS2007:6/6, HBP:17/17; PROMOS 14/60]

Post subject: Re: KOTOR Release Tournament, Lansing MI August 29th, 2008
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:38 am 

First off, it was decided to go with a 100 point build, rather than a 150. No one voiced any objections, since the change was made prior to start of the tournament.

I pulled:
Vader, Scourge
Palpy
RA-7
Mando scout (into build)
Mando Captain (into build)
Mando marauder (into build)
Old republic Guard
Echani handmaiden
Geno. Assassin (into build)
Sith marauder (into build)
Sith Operative
Jawa
2X tusken

With only 100 points, I went a balanced approach – 2 figs with cloaks, a couple of melee figs, and a bit of commander effect. Of course, not knowing the KOTOR set list as well as I should have, I didn’t build to defeat some of the key elements – Force users and Droids.

The first round I went up against a squad with a boma, a wookiee elite warrior, an echani handmaiden, a Mando-scout, and some filler. Munnilist map. It was a close match, with the assassin and sith marauder making quick work of a charging wookiee and boma- who ran up for an early lead in gambit. In the end, it was dueling mando scouts chasing each other around the central pillar in the gambit area. Win for me.

Second round, I faced Jar Jar binks and Leia, Senator. I don’t remember the rest of the squad. All I remember is that combining a piece with Diplomant that can attack and a piece with stealth makes for a hard to handle combo (at least for me). I lost, but not by much.

Third round I faced a Sith heavy assault droid, a bulk loader, Jareal, and a Sith filler piece. Bespin map, with my opponent deploying off of the landing pad. I should have played this one better, using the doors and the cloaked characters to pick it apart. Instead, I focused too much on Jareal, and the sith droid ate my team alive. Parry, Evade, and 2 force points on a 23 point character…. Grumble, grumble…….

Fourth round I had a Bye.

In the end, I went 1.5 and 2, for a tie for 4th place.