logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: 150 KOTOR sealed tourney
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:45 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Hey all. Sorry about the delay, but I'm finally getting around to writing a review of the tourney two weeks ago. It was a 150 KOTOR tourney, and we had 6 people show. A decent amount, but we were hoping for a few more. Anyway, here's what I used in the tourney:

Squint 20 pts.
Old republic Captain 19 pts.
WEW 19 pts.
Old Republic Gaurd 5 pts.
Mando Commando 13 pts.
Mando Quartermaster 26 pts.
Gungan Sheildberer 18 pts.
GenoHaradan Assassin 21 pts.
Gungan Soldier 9 pts.

I didn't use my second rare (misson vao) mostly because I thought she was far too weak to be worth her points. With only 60 HP, she's an easy 27 points.

Game 1: Me Vs. Ryan on the ROTS hardboard
He had palpatine, kreia, two juggernaught war droids, an ASN assaisin droid, and I think that's it. We rolled for placement, and he got the better side of the map. I advanced with my forces through the Cargo bay, taking advantage of the 4 squares of cover there. I continued to move up through the area near the matinence station, and getting ready to assult his position in gambit. This was a little tricky. Not because of Kreia, but because of the sonic stunner he had from the war droids. I had to choose to use the sheildbearer, or forgo it to minimize the effect of sonic stunner. I chose to forget about the sheildbearer. My Wookie, squint, and the others chraged, at his forces, and kreia moved up. He made me force some misses with palpatine, and killed my wookie with the assasin droid. He was ahead by about 20 pts, and we had only 3 minuets left. Kreia had to die, or I'd loose. I hurried the game along, and finially killed kriea and one of the war dorids. That pretty much won the game for me.

1-0

Me vs. Whitey on the ROTS hardboard, semi-finals

His squad had: jareal, vader, a boma, a sith gaurd, and I forget what else. I won the better side of the map, but with jareal's speed 8, my gambit advantage was nullified first round. He moved up with his forces, and I was hard pressed to hold back vader and his forces. I managed to destroy a lot of his forces around the power regulation chamber and near the command center. It came down to his slightly damaged vader vs a damaged GenoHaradan Assassin, a damaged mando quartermaster, and a mandalorian commando. I was winning, and he moved adjacent to my assasin, killed it, and at the end of the round, got 5 points winning the game. It was a good game, but with his better pulls, I didn't expect to win. With his crappy dice rolls, it actually came very close, but I just couldn't beat vader. It took him 3 rounds to kill my wookie, and jareal was actually killed by my assasin. I won initative so many times and he had crappy rolls, it actually got to be pretty funny.

1-1 and I'm eliminted from the tourney. It was fun. The guy whitey I played won the finals, and won 30 bucks in store credit.

share your thoughts

http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee