Jedi Master Chief

VAR
Garm Bel Iblis
Mon Cal Tech

Map: Hoth Outpost

Reinforcements:
ERC
Rauntaun

I lost map roll, but let him set up first so that I could hid my Swoop from an early round PTD. Early positioning saw his ERC lock the left side door on me, so I couldn’t get first round gambit. A second round push on Kun let me move the swoop into the base and TE against the Rauntaun and VAR. I killed the rauntaun, hoping to get rid of the spotter and recon advantage (I proceeded to lose every init, so that didn’t really matter). The Var doubled, missing both and stepped back, taking an Aoo. Kun then moved forward, and Assaulted, hitting and critting. The VAR was down to 30. The ERC and Garm both hit Kun, doing 20 more total. (Down to 100 now). Next round the ERC locked the upper right room closed with VAR inside. Kun had Raged on the Aoo that he got on the ERC, taking him down to 30. Kun then moved down, and assaulted, killing the ERC and an Uggo. I also moved one of my gambit uggs closer. Garm and the MCTS took pot shots, but didn’t hit anything. I lost the next init.. of course.. and his VAR moved into the back of the room closing the door, Garm shot again, but didn’t hit anything. I used the uggy to open the door, I guess JMC missed that, and ran Kun in to Rage for the kill. JMC conceded there. GG man!

Match 2

Empirejeff

Boba Fett, Merc Commander
SuperCommando
Mando Warrior
Uggy x2

Map: Chancellor’s Starship

I loose map roll yet again. But choose to set up on the left side and zoom my swoop in for a first round gambit advantage. I lucky win the 2nd init and let jeff go first to see what he does. He opens the right most door with a satchel and spin the warrior. I move my uggs around as to not let him get any shot off on my transfer swoop. He then blows open the other door and uses Fett to shoot at Kun, landing 30 damages. I then TE so that Kun is based to all 3 mandos and triples on Boba, hitting all 3. I win a squeaker of an init (19 beats 18) and triple to finish off Boba. And to add insult to injury, I sorcery, activating the SC and an ug. I continue to move forward my Uggs, cause you never know… I even win the next init, and rage to kill the SC and an ug. I use my first Uggo to kill his last one. That puts me at 98pts. The Mando Warrior swings mightily and misses. Gambit from that round gives me the win. GG jeff!

Match 3

Boba52

Kyle Katarn, Jedi Battlemaster
Aurra Sing
Ugnaught Demolitionist x3

Map: Chancellors Starship

I lose map, which is ok, since I don’t really feel like playing on muunlist anymore. I set up on left again and pull a first round gambit snag again.. but I left the swoop and Kun adjacent.. and Kyle did an 8 square move to nade Kun and the Swoop, both failed and I failed the fprr for Kun.. ouchie. He tried to block of Kyle with an Uggo, but I risked it, and his Ug missed the Aoo on my Ug, allowing me to TE kun in and Triple on Kyle for 80. I win the next init and rage triple to finish him off and kill an uggo. Aurra hits me again, and is slowly whittling me down..
I loose the next init and he kill my last ugg. I assault with Kun to kill his last 2 ugos, and hide down in gambit. Aurra FP moves and puts some hurt on me. I win the next init, and run up and assault her, down to 90, she shoots Kun taking him down to 50, and I rage on the Aoo.. she’s down to 60… I win init again, and assault yet again, hoping for a crit.. not to be. Aurra doesn’t miss and ends the game. Very Good Game.

In the end Kun was a lot of fun in 100, but can fall apart really quick when a squad has two decent threats.. or Bane, whom I luckily didn’t have to face! Can’t wait for the next one. Thanks Dean!

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

Post subject: Re: SWMGamers Vassal Tourney 100 pts
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:56 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Here is me-

Kyle BM
Aurra
X3 uggie
Map Chancellor's Starship ( I really never know what to play on but feel comfortable on this )

I really wanted to play Kyle since I can't figure how to put him in at 150. I figured I would be going against some Han Stormie AA squads and Leia and Noble. So, I figured what the heck.

First match against MtMagus

Luke Landspeeder
Leia
Lando DS
X5 uggies

I win map he picks left which is always the gambit first side. I set up on top right. He moves LS for first rd gambit. I am still trying to figure out how to get to the speeder and not have it mobile me to death. By the 3rd rd Aurra is on cover in the right side gambit hugging the center wall. Kyle is by the rightside door. He wins init and can shoot Aurra with LS and get Leia CE. He misses his two but gets 50 on me with Leia CE. Next rd he wins init again and I am thinking bad thoughts. He starts shooting Aurra with Leia and misses. CE to LS only hits on the 30 one. Now it is the speeders turn and I am expecting that he will shoot and move out so I need to figure how to get Kyle 12 or 14 to base him. He then moves 2 from Aurra to Mindtrick and I save. He shoots and misses both. Now I only have to move 4 with Kyle with LA and base him with Aurra and he misses the deflect. Now at least no more Leia CE LOL. From there he rolls under 6 for the rest of the game and after the LS goes it is mop up with Lando and Leia. He gets Kyle down to 50 and Aurra to 30, but not enough. GG Matt. I doubt you would ever move your speeder there again LOL.

Next I get Billiv15

Boba Merc Comm
2 Gunslingers
3 uggies

He wins map and it is DeathStar. I setup top left and he picks right middle. I move Kyle by bridge and Aurra and an uggie in the big room. He gets gambit with an uggie. 2nd round I lose init 6-7 (theme coming). He then sends his gambit uggie to open the door which I didn't see coming so he could use Boba to drop 60 on Aurra. No good. Now I am scrambling. I kill the uggie and use Kyle to grip another one thinking that I need to outactivate him so I can get across this death trap of a map without getting blown to bits. Next rd lose init again 1-4 I believe. He draws a wicked LOS from the bottom right of the map to Kyle with a Gunslinger who is still up on the left side of the bridge. Yeah more cunning damage. I bolt Aurra and Kyle to the bottom (which is were I should have set up to begin). Next I lose init again and he uses a gun to open the door and move Boba down to unleash on Kyle. Kyle takes only 30, but it still hurts. I then take the Gun down to 10. Next rd I win init. I use Aurra and risk the evade to finish off the Gun. I then use Kyle to grip another uggie so he is down to 2 guys. Next round I lose init and he is able to move Boba to drawn a line to Aurra and Crits. Just for fun he decides to roll to see what woulld of happened without the crit and yep...crit again. Boba hated Aurra this game for sure. I now have a 30hp Kyle and uggies against full Boba and a Gun. I am done but we play it out with me trying to see if I would be able to nades Boba win init and then nades Boba again and then hide. He makes the first nades save making the other moves pointless. GG Bill. I think I learned alot and that game gave me a lot of confidence and showed me Boba MC is a beast in 100. :boba:

3rd game against Ruhk as he detailed. That 2nd turn nades was HUGE! LOL great game.

I had such a great time. It was so fun to play with all of you. I feel like I improve so much playing these matches. God bless Vassal!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:04 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

All i remember last night was the Browns going 0-4.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:33 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

It was a very fun tourney. It was actually my first time playing Han SC at 100. I believe he has a spot at the top of the crop in the 100 realm.

Thanks to all the gamers there!

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:09 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

Bill's squad was exactly the same as it was during the GenCon 100 Jedi Challenge, its annoying as hell to face. I came close to defeating it with a Han STA swarm but made stupid mistakes with positioning in the beginning. Definitely a tough squad...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:08 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

My squad was
Boba MC
Gunslinger X2
Ugo X3

Played on the Deathstar.

Basically, init isn't as important as it might seem, you really only need to win 1-2 for this to pull it out. Evade and the option for accurate one three pieces is pretty useful. Boba's Greater mobile typically means your opponent has to shoot the guns early on, while Boba remains a full health.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:56 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Good reports guys. :saber:

http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee