Black Quartz Dbl Checking his Squad

Jedispyder, 3302, Doug and Lobostele wait on pairings
ImageOmar & StriderRe

Lobos Dice still don’t work…
Neither do Wingscribe’s…

How Doug wins…

Image Image

Winners, Top 4 L – R
Omar (1), Belmont (4), Jedispyder (3) The Madman (2)

Post subject: Re: KOTOR Release 150 Yotta Quest Cincinnati, OH
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:22 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Did not do as well as I wanted to but hey I pulled MANDALOR so I am happy. Those sith assult droids are killer and if they were able to take a crit I might of won. Them my dice started to fail, I guess it was after the first 2 rounds I made about 20 parry saves from my Mando Marudar

My Squad was
Mando the Ultimate 75
Elite Wookie Commando 19
Mando Maruader 15
Mando Commando 13
Shyrack 19
Gungan Soldier 9

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:07 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I definitely had fun yesterday, despite my lousy pulls, lol. Somehow, I managed to get stuck with 2 boosters that both had a Han, Smuggler in them. And this happened while 2 different Mandalores got pulled, a Sion, and two other people each pulled 2 VRs (one had Kreia and Mira, other was Jolee and Leia). So, I was a bit miffed by my less-than stellar pulls there. Especially since I had already had a chance to play with Han some at GenCon, so I had been hoping to pull something new to play with.

Anyways, my squad ended up being:

Han, Smuggler
Boma
Mando Scout
Sith Assassin
Sith Trooper Captain
Sith Operative x2
Wookiee Elite Warrior

Not a whole lot of synergy, and I REALLY could've used a Czerka Scientist well with these other pieces. The combo of the Sith Trooper Captain with the two Operatives was pretty cool, but hard to pull off, as I either was getting out-activated (and thus not able to set up the shots for next round) or I kept losing initiative. And with the Operatives only having a 14 defense and 10 HP, they went down fast. The Double with Cunning +20 was really sweet the couple times I pulled it off.

I ended up going only 2-2 for the day, but it was all dice rolls (as Madman commented near the picture of me above, lol). I narrowly lost the 2nd game when my Mando Scout missed both his shots, with Opportunist, on a clear LOS shot against a GenHaradan. That meant that my Han Smuggler (who was based with the GHA) couldn't kill it, and then run to hiding like he needed to. Of course, that game I also failed 2 GHA Poisoned Blade saves, so that didn't help. The very first game of the day against Madman I failed 3 out of 4 Kouhoun saves against him, which outright killed my WEW, Mando Scout, and Sith Assassin. He actually rode that AZN droid to the top, because I think jedispyder failed some crazy amount, like 8 or 9 out of 10 against Madman.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:48 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

And I just noticed I might of won ageisnt Omar becasue i crited with Mando the Ultimate and forgot that he had flurry. I could of gotten 2 more shots in to kill the dang gone HSAD and won :?
I think he only had like 60 heath left and he made his 2 shield saves which I think he had 40 left

Oh well but congrates to everyone who played and Aaron. You luck just stinks right now but I am sure it will get better

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:45 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

Yep, was definitely a blast!

My squad:
Echani Handmaiden (23)
Jolee Bindo (23)
Sith Marauder (22)
GenoHaradan Assassin (21)
Mando Scout (19)
Mando Commando (13)
Jawa Scout (10)
Leia Organa, Senator (7)
RA-7 Death Star Protocol Droid (6)
Sith Guard (5)

I made a couple mistakes on my part throughout the matches. 2 major ones were forgetting that RA-7 has 30 HP instead of 10 and forgetting Jolee Bindo has Avoid Defeat =o/

Worst thing that happened? I was playing against Madman...and I failed 9-10 Kohoun Infestation saves. I made only 1, lol. They were against Jolee, Leia, and Sith Marauder and included 1 FPRR that also failed. Took Leia out first turn, lol! She didn't even have a chance to soak up 2 rounds of Gambit before she was defeated. This was my only defeat all night, so I went 3-1 and ended up 3rd. I still blame the country music in the background throwing off my concentration, lol. In fact, after we were finally able to get them to switch I was able to make a KI save...

Funny thing that happened was when I was playing against Doug (no screenname here). In the end it was half my characters against his Kreia. She's already activated so I'm just finishing up my activations. I use the Echani and she actually makes 3 attacks...and then rolls a 1. So she's Betrayed. Doug gets all happy thinking he has another piece to use against me until I activate my Mando Scout who Double/Opportunist and wipes out the Echani. That technically gave me the win, since I had like 5 rounds of Gambit as well but we still finished.

I found out the Echani is a nice but convuluted piece. She is amazing with Evade and Double-Twin-Greater Mobile...but her 7 attack is a POS. Seriously, she missed over half her attacks! Was still fun playing her but she just doesn't fully hold up without help. Force Valor did help out with the extra +2 atk, but that can only get you so far against 24 Def in cover ;)