logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Re: who is ready for another Vassal DCI Tourney?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:29 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I have to agree with Jaster a bit, as this is the exact sentiment we get from the guys at my LGS. After 2-3 months of playing just regular 100/150/200 point games leading up to GenCon, most of them don't want to see a 'standard format' game for several months now.

However, a large reason for Dean's decision to run online DCI events on Vassal is because many people do not have a place to play at an LGS, and mainly, don't have a place to play competitively. Obviously, the situation is worse for those who have no one to play with at all, but pretty much everyone has at least 1 other person to play with on occasion, and it is those times that you can play the 'fun squads' and different builds.

So, Jaster, I see the point you are trying to get across. However, the events that Dean is running here are intended to be competitive, DCI-ranked events, for people who aren't able to get as much DCI action in their local area as they would like.

If you want to play more fun builds and such, then you definitely need to look into the GFC/GVL/etc.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:27 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

LoboStele wrote:
I have to agree with Jaster a bit, as this is the exact sentiment we get from the guys at my LGS. After 2-3 months of playing just regular 100/150/200 point games leading up to GenCon, most of them don't want to see a 'standard format' game for several months now.

However, a large reason for Dean's decision to run online DCI events on Vassal is because many people do not have a place to play at an LGS, and mainly, don't have a place to play competitively. Obviously, the situation is worse for those who have no one to play with at all, but pretty much everyone has at least 1 other person to play with on occasion, and it is those times that you can play the 'fun squads' and different builds.

So, Jaster, I see the point you are trying to get across. However, the events that Dean is running here are intended to be competitive, DCI-ranked events, for people who aren't able to get as much DCI action in their local area as they would like.

If you want to play more fun builds and such, then you definitely need to look into the GFC/GVL/etc.

Very well said! :)

Outside of these Vassal DCI tournaments, I get exactly zero opportunities to play competitive DCI SWM. I don't mind playing in "fun" or "goofy" games, but I don't want to give up my only option for competitive DCI SWM. The GVC and GVL are great for the alternative formats, but I'd rather see the Vassal DCI tournaments remain standard.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:40 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Quote:
Obviously, the situation is worse for those who have no one to play with at all, but pretty much everyone has at least 1 other person to play with on occasion

Not me :(

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:24 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Me! Me! Me! Me!

Don't know when it'll happen, if at all. But I'm back and more than ready!

She giveth, and she taketh away.