logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: KOTOR release Nova Games 8/18 and Monster's Den 8/19
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:44 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, I have to keep this short right now and will expand later. Opened Jar Jar and T3. Was not very thrilled with my damage or HP options. Here is what I ended with-

Jar Jar
T3
x2 Echani handmaidens
Mando Scout
Cserka Scientist
GenoHaradan Assasin
Juggernaugth Wardroid

Went 3-1. Only game I lost was when I lost JarJar. He is unbeleivably annoying. I thought nothing could make me groan more than seeing Dodonna and this guy is gonna be way worse especially in a supported squad. I went againt 2 Malaks and SHAD's and Vader and last opponent had Wedge and Han. Only lost to Dirk (VonBickle) who had Vader.

Highlights were moving JarJar by himself into an area with Wedge, Han, 2 Mando Scouts, and a scientist. He attacks JarJar with Mando. Bombad redirects to Scientist. Dead Scientist. He is frustrated cause all his guys are withing six of JarJar. He then spends the next 2 rds moving all his guys away from JarJar so they aren't within 6 and refusing to attack ANYBODY. He attacks JarJar and is very happy with himself. I then use Bombad to negate the attack. Seeing the reaction on his face was priceless. JarJar is Evil. I ended up winning by the points I got for the Scientist. :lol:

Post subject: Re: KOTOR release Nova Games 8/18 and Monster's Den 8/19
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:20 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Monster's Den 8/19

Well, after the JarJar T3 night I was hoping for some damage dealers. I opened Obi and Mission yeah. :roll: I end with this-

Obi
Mission Vao
Quartermaster
Mando Captain
Mando Scout :)
Mando Commando
Shieldbearer

Rd1 against Jules who is one of the best that play here. This is only my second time at this place. He wins map and chooses nightclub. He has Vader, Quartermaster, GenoAssasin, T1 Droid, Jugs WarDroid, Wookie Trooper. We both set up in the rooms opposite the bar area. I am feeling pretty good as most of his squad is melee and I have a hallway and a big room to setup my shooters to thwart his advance. I need this as my melee has no chance against Vader and the quartermaster. He leads the T1 down the hallway with the idea of it being a meat shield. I attack with 4 from the scout at plus 16 and proceed to miss twice...nice. With stealth and cloaked I am able to move back and forth pretty easy. I take out the Wookie first. I then try the T1 droid again. Nope that big pain is still kickin. I have Mission next to the Gungan, but fail to realize that Vader had throw and the Gungan doesn't stop that. I take damage and the Assasin bases Vao. I then put decide to forget the dice and choose to move Obi away from Vader and the Assasin who are advancing in the room with the speeder to assault the damn droid that should have been dead by now. I am able to finally kill him, but now the shieldbearer is based by the Assasin and Quartermaster. And Obi can't help for awhile so it is up to the shooters. Next round I lose iniative, Vao, and the Gungan, but take out the Assasin and the Quartermaster is down to 10 Hp's. 2rds later it is Vader and Jugs against my Quartermaster, Scout, Commando, and Obi. Obi is too far away and having him engage Vader is really pointless anyway so he chases Jugs around. I try to finish off Vader with my shooters before he can do enough damage to kill my Mandos. He can't and Vader dies. Jugs loses the battle with Obi.

That was pretty much the highlight for me. I win some more and then lose the last match against I guy who has Wedge and Panaka and when the Sith who has cunning 20 crits the shildbearer for 40 in the first rd and I miss the redirect. I then proceed to deal about 200 damage to Wedge that is Bodyguarded or Evaded. I deal damage to all his guys, but can't end any of them before my low Hp guys get taken down. Here is the highlight as the Scout attacks Wedge- Hit, Evade, Hit, Evade, Hit, Evade, Hit Evade. :(

I end the 2 nights with no duplicate rares which is nice. After 2 tourneys and 6 boosters from borders I am only missing 19 R/VR's for my set. :D I am now only missing my case and can start the madness that is TRADING. :D